(1A) AP POLL Sept. 26th

BDF36

Sonny Moore's ranking are Computer Power Rankings. They are decent, I will give you that. However, I think that stats don't lie either and that being said, through the first five games this season, Perry County has the #1 Defense in Class 1A and Class 2A. And actually, there is only 1 team in the entire state who has allowed fewer points this season, and that's Cascade, a 3A team. Add to that an offense that's ranked #7 in Class 1A through the first five games and you have a potent combination. Furthermore, the points that our defense has allowed was mostly in the last few minutes of the game after we had our JV squad in. We haven't given up over 7 points in any game.

I'm impressed, let's see if they can stay focused now.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jo Byrns is the best team in 1A! South Pittsburg is overrated!

Absolutely! LOL. That's why yall were able to do so well against South Pitt last year in the championship game, right? And the only team that South Pittsburg has lost this year is to last year's 2A Champion who moved up to Class 4A and you already have THREE losses this year, yes to good teams that are likely playoff bound, but not last year's Champion. South Pitt is WAY better than yall. Welcome to reality.

Absolutely! LOL. That's why yall were able to do so well against South Pitt last year in the championship game, right? And the only team that South Pittsburg has lost this year is to last year's 2A Champion who moved up to Class 4A and you already have THREE losses this year, yes to good teams that are likely playoff bound, but not last year's Champion. South Pitt is WAY better than yall. Welcome to reality.

A can just got opened... :popcorneater:

Boro I think this jus may be WC year to walk the plank of the pirates

I've only seen them play once this year, and that was against a mediocre Union City team. From what I saw, the offense (fear the veer :twisted:) is being run to absolute perfection. The defense is pretty dang good, with the strong point being the defensive line. I believe I'll be going to watch them play Columbia Academy this Friday, so maybe they'll look the same.

Sonny Moore's ranking are Computer Power Rankings. They are decent, I will give you that. However, I think that stats don't lie either and that being said, through the first five games this season, Perry County has the #1 Defense in Class 1A and Class 2A. And actually, there is only 1 team in the entire state who has allowed fewer points this season, and that's Cascade, a 3A team. Add to that an offense that's ranked #7 in Class 1A through the first five games and you have a potent combination. Furthermore, the points that our defense has allowed was mostly in the last few minutes of the game after we had our JV squad in. We haven't given up over 7 points in any game.

P.C.'s defense hasn't had to face Sissy Mountain or the computer would be crunching some numbers over the weekend. :roflol:

Tap the brakes noobie. Sarcasm just took you out behind the wood shed. See the second definition here -> sarcasm, apply your new knowledge to Moto's post, and get back to us.

Edited by Shep

What?!?! Here's some #'s for you. Cascade has given up 115 points this year through 6 games for an average of 19.16 points/game. Wayne County has given up 65 points through 5 games for an average of 13/game. Where the heck did you and Sonny get ya numbers?!?!

Edited by hooplove