(1A) AP POLL Sept. 26th

BDF36

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sonny Moore's rankings look the most accurate too me. Didn't someone post on here that the head coach from Union City was quoted as saying Huntingdon was much better than Wayne Co? Since waynesboro is probably better than perryville i'd say that polls pretty close.

I'm done even tryin to talk about it...everyone is basing their thoughts off of the jamboree and I don't see how a team can choose which is better when you got mercy ruled by both. WC should not be number 1 and these kids know that until they beat PC than JB and than SP(or heck even CA this week) that they don't consider themselves #1 but it is nice for these kids to get it and it makes them feel good and they want nothin but success this year and no one man shows like years past, so....we're lookin better and playin more as a team than any other WC team I have seen....to many other teams talkin bout the Gold Ball already.

In my experience, Sonny Moore is usually pretty accurate.

41 SOUTH PITTSBURG 1A 4 1 0 98.05 124.03

70 HUNTINGDON 1A 6 0 0 95.40 117.73

88 WAYNE COUNTY 1A 5 0 0 93.01 113.94

115 PERRY COUNTY 1A 5 0 0 91.92 110.13

125 GORDONSVILLE 1A 3 2 0 96.57 107.93

Yes, he usually is and I know he is the expert, but based on games played already and the teams Gordonsville has played I think their power rating should be higher than Huntingdon and WC. Just my opinion. I hate when the 2 best 1A's meet in the semi. No matter if we (Pirates) are there or not.

Yes, he usually is and I know he is the expert, but based on games played already and the teams Gordonsville has played I think their power rating should be higher than Huntingdon and WC. Just my opinion. I hate when the 2 best 1A's meet in the semi. No matter if we (Pirates) are there or not.

Rankings are great for talk and lots of it. I have enjoyed reading everyones thoughts. I will be the first to say that Wayne County has been playing pretty good football but I can't say that we should be #1. WC has to beat the best in order to be #1. IDK who the best is right now and you can't really go by the power rankings either. I have tried to look at who everybody has played and compare scores just like everybody has tried to do but until teams play head to head then we can't really tell. WC has pulled punches each week and could have beaten teams a lot worse than they have (except with MTP) and given up scores that they probably didn't have to give up by playing younger players. There are other teams that have done the same thing. Teams also match up differently with other teams and until head to head games are played it's really hard to say who is #1. The debate right now is great and everyone seems to enjoy putting their thoughts out there. I hope in the end that Wayne County proves to be #1. GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The debate right now is great and everyone seems to enjoy putting their thoughts out there. I hope in the end that Wayne County proves to be #1. GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For several years I have thought WC and SP were going to meet finally and then last year I thought it was certain but then Jo Byrns beats em in the quarters 28 - 14 then Perry county in the semis 45 - 12. It left a lot of us in the east scracthing our heads. So hopefully we can heal and you guys can exorcise some demons and it will happen.

For several years I have thought WC and SP were going to meet finally and then last year I thought it was certain but then Jo Byrns beats em in the quarters 28 - 14 then Perry county in the semis 45 - 12. It left a lot of us in the east scracthing our heads. So hopefully we can heal and you guys can exorcise some demons and it will happen.

Huntingdon may disagree with you on that one. :roflol:

We've always had problems in the playoffs. Seems like we have the absolute worst luck.

Always run into the best team in the West or a private school (years ago).

We've always had problems in the playoffs. Seems like we have the absolute worst luck.

Always run into the best team in the West or a private school (years ago).

You guys have a lot of pride and tradition and I would like to witness that. We respect that. I think a meeting with us would be fun and worth the price of admission. (although Roy Dillard doesn't think anything is worth the price of admission)

Sonny Moore's ranking are Computer Power Rankings. They are decent, I will give you that. However, I think that stats don't lie either and that being said, through the first five games this season, Perry County has the #1 Defense in Class 1A and Class 2A. And actually, there is only 1 team in the entire state who has allowed fewer points this season, and that's Cascade, a 3A team. Add to that an offense that's ranked #7 in Class 1A through the first five games and you have a potent combination. Furthermore, the points that our defense has allowed was mostly in the last few minutes of the game after we had our JV squad in. We haven't given up over 7 points in any game.