(1A) AP POLL Sept. 26th

BDF36

Huntingdon is far to fast and physical for either PC or WC. But you've got to admire your spunk. PC won't be there to have a say in it anyway.

When you figure out who is the fastest and most physical between the the three teams,you will then know who will get the silver ball because SP will be alot faster and much more physical.

Edited by CROSSBONES

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if PC doesn't make playoffs which they will. Huntingdon would never beat Wayne County and probably not Jo Byrns. Just face it y'all are probably the 4th best team in the West side of the state. :thumb:

a

You really think huntingdon couldn't beat jo byrns? Cheatham beat jo byrns. I know if cheatham can beat them huntingdon surely can

Edited by camdenfish

This just shows how dumb some people are. I've seen Huntingdon on 2 different occasions and speed never came to mind. Have you even seen PC play this year? If not how can you judge how fast or physical they will be? And as for PC being there once again you are showing your stupidity 1&2 second place teams have an automatic bid to playoffs. Even if PC loses to WC we will still finish 2nd in our Region. :thumb:

So your saying that if Huntingdon beats either or both of these teams that will qualify you as dumb?

I don't know how Huntingdon will match up against them yet and you don't know how Wayne County and Perry County will match up againt Huntingdon. I will say that this is not the first time that people have doubted what Huntingdon can do.

:roflol: :roflol: Friend...you don't even have a clue. Huntingdon's offense was the most simple thing I have ever seen and I love it when people say that they are to fast for WC or more physical for that matter and haven't ever even seen them play :roflol: :roflol:

It's not a matter of how simple or complicated an offense is. It is about how well it is executed.

Huntingdon was running the same offense when they won state and played for 2 others. How many gold or silver balls does Wayne or Perry county? Not being smart on that question, I honestly don't know. Have not cared enough to look it up. lol

Just out of curiosity I did look it up.

Playoff history

Perry County 3-6, no championship appearances

Wayne County 18-20, no championship appearances

Huntingdon 33-19, 3 championship appearances

I know it has no bearing on anything that happens this year. It does prove one point. Folks in Huntingdon have seen a LOT of playoff football. We have some history of what a good team looks like.

I have seen Huntingdon teams that were eliminated in the 1st round that should have made it into the later rounds. It is not always about who has the most talent that year but who is playing best when it counts. Sometimes just that little difference between hoping to win and expecting to win makes all the difference in the world.

Edited by stangfan978

It's not a matter of how simple or complicated an offense is. It is about how well it is executed.

Huntingdon was running the same offense when they won state and played for 2 others. How many gold or silver balls does Wayne or Perry county? Not being smart on that question, I honestly don't know. Have not cared enough to look it up. lol

It is hard to look up something that doesn't exist. :roflol:

Edited by rlh

This just shows how dumb some people are. I've seen Huntingdon on 2 different occasions and speed never came to mind. Have you even seen PC play this year? If not how can you judge how fast or physical they will be? And as for PC being there once again you are showing your stupidity 1&2 second place teams have an automatic bid to playoffs. Even if PC loses to WC we will still finish 2nd in our Region. :thumb:

I've seen all 3 play.And Camden is alot faster and more physical than pc or wc and Huntingdon beat them up and down the field.I guess when a person is as slow minded as you,you can't see speed.

I've seen all 3 play.And Camden is alot faster and more physical than pc or wc and Huntingdon beat them up and down the field.I guess when a person is as slow minded as you,you can't see speed.

Why aren't you still in Lewis County with your tail tucked. All we heard from you panthers was blah blah blah there is no way PC can beat us. BUT WE DID. So hush up and go back to the thread about Lewis County and whatever team is going to beat them this week.

WC is hands down the most physical, I just hope some of these teams get a chance to see it first hand.

Its still left to be seen if WC is the most physical. Our Defense is a force of Nature. And as far as who is the fastest(as a team) I would have to guess it would be PC. I remember Lake Co telling us how fast they were last year, and we gave them a quick lesson in track and field. :roflolk:

Class 1A

Record Pts Prv

1. Wayne County (9) 5-0 194 2

2. South Pittsburg (7) 4-1 179 1

3. Perry County 5-0 178 3

4. Huntingdon (6) 6-0 163 4

5. Greenback 6-0 129 5

6. Columbia Academy 5-0 120 6

7. Coalfield 4-1 82 7

8. Eagleville 6-0 74 10

9. Sunbright 3-2 24 8

10. Clarksville Academy 5-1 21 NR

Others receiving 12 or more points: 11, Gordonsville 19.

Not that these polls really matter but I do see a big change comin for next weeks due to perry county having to forfiet 3 games....so that will make them the best 2-3 team!!!!! They should still stay in top 10

This is the AP Poll

CLASS 1A

/ Rec / Pts / Prv

1. Wayne County (10) / 5-0 / 204 / 2

2. Perry County / 5-0 / 187 / 3

3. South Pittsburg (7) / 4-1 / 184 / 1

4. Huntingdon (6) / 6-0 / 171 / 4

5. Greenback / 6-0 / 136 / 5

6. Columbia Academy / 5-0 / 126 / 6

7. Coalfield / 4-1 / 85 / 7

8. Eagleville / 6-0 / 78 / 10

9. Sunbright / 3-2 / 24 / 8

10. Clarksville Academy / 5-1 / 21 / NR

Others receiving 12 or more points: 11, Gordonsville 19.

Sonny Moore's Computer Rating

41 SOUTH PITTSBURG 1A 4 1 0 98.05 124.03

70 HUNTINGDON 1A 6 0 0 95.40 117.73

88 WAYNE COUNTY 1A 5 0 0 93.01 113.94

115 PERRY COUNTY 1A 5 0 0 91.92 110.13

125 GORDONSVILLE 1A 3 2 0 96.57 107.93

163 JO BYRNS 1A 3 3 0 96.56 102.92

201 COLUMBIA ACADEMY 1A 4 0 0 73.48 96.63

212 CLARKSVILLE ACADEMY 1A 5 1 0 80.08 94.75

222 COALFIELD 1A 4 1 0 80.99 93.08

226 UNION CITY 1A 2 4 0 93.95 92.23

236 GREENBACK 1A 6 0 0 76.98 90.24