Perry Co. vacates wins

crazy_cowboy89

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a Facebook post made today by a friend of mine. She may get mad at me for posting it on here, but it tells the true story, and I think it should be heard.

These are my nephews and nothing was done illegal.My brother and sister in law live in Lobelville since a week or so before school started.They looked all summer for a rental property that fit their budget since they are still paying a mortgage on the home in Paris which is right next door to my other sisiter in law.Their mother works 3-4 twelve hour night shifts at Henry Co Hosp.She has been there 10 years or so.She was staying over at my other sister in laws house which is right next door to the house they own and decided to rent until repairs were made to sell.She did this because it made sense financially as well as being safer than driving 1 1/2 hours after working 12 hours until she found a job closer.She would go 3-4 days without seeing her family while she worked but was in Lobelville on the days she was off.My brother in law is disabled and stays with the boys when she is at work.They met with a realtor who said they would sell the house for more with repairs.So they did stay in Paris one or two weekends since school started to repair the house,mow etc.The facebook comment that has been taken out of context was on a weekend they were making repairs and she stayed back in Paris to go to work and they returned to PC.It is interesting that TSSAA states they investigated this anonymous complaint,but never once spoke to any adult in this family,never once made a home visit,never once spoke to my other sister in law to verify anything.The boys are straight A students and the parents are hard working honest people.The only thing they are guilty of is thinking people would handle this properly and they would be able to defend themselves.TSSAA stands alone and makes their own rules.So I guess anybody with a vendetta or a jealous streak can call and make up any story they want.Someone has been calling ever since the season started and making all kinds of complaints.My nephews have been thrown under the bus because someone wanted results.

IF this is the case then the family or school or both should appeal this ruleing or maybe even check with a lawyer about filing a lawsuit. If nothing else is done then it looks alot like an admission of guilt.

My question to the post about the family is did the have a bon a fide change of address according to the TSSAA. The rule states that the family must make a definite move which means they cannot have ANY bills coming to the residence in Paris. Electricity, Water, etc. must be cut off and the residence vacated. If this is not done then it is a violation of TSSAA rules in accordance with elgibility. You can agree or disagree with the rule but it is what it is. The rule is in place to keep parents from renting an apartment or moving into an area to allow little johnny to play ball for a certain team then when season over with move back to residence. This happens and some get away some don't. The punishment is minor in my opinion, vacate 3 wins?? still 2-0 and other teams keep the losses?? What has that accomplished?? Keep all stats from the games and such?? Really? Just a slap on the wrist if you ask me. Doesn't seem like much of deterent to me. That just my opinion like everyone else had one but hope I shed some light on how the rule works. If any bill still in their name in Paris whether they living there or not it is not a change of address according to TSSAA.

How does all of this affect the Region 6A race?

According to the TSSAA handbook, to be eligible for the playoffs or to win the district you have to play EVERY district team (unless there are +9 teams in the district). My understanding of "vacating the win" against Cornersville is that the game didn't happen from the PC point of view. So is PC even eligible to win the region?

Also, if PC we're to go say 5-1 in the district and another team was 5-2, would the two teams technically be tied since the TSSAA bases things off number of wins rather than winning percentage?

Has anyone from PC asked about any of this? It just seems like a huge problem/controversy waiting to happen.

How does all of this affect the Region 6A race?

According to the TSSAA handbook, to be eligible for the playoffs or to win the district you have to play EVERY district team (unless there are +9 teams in the district). My understanding of "vacating the win" against Cornersville is that the game didn't happen from the PC point of view. So is PC even eligible to win the region?

Also, if PC we're to go say 5-1 in the district and another team was 5-2, would the two teams technically be tied since the TSSAA bases things off number of wins rather than winning percentage?

Has anyone from PC asked about any of this? It just seems like a huge problem/controversy waiting to happen.

In the overall ranking, the losses will count against Cornersville via the Voodoo math currently used by the tssaa.

Read through the grid & all the columns

1a playoff rankings 2011

The overall number of wins matters in the overall ranking as well. You will see a shift by PC next week when the Voodoo machine re-crunches all this. There is even a note at the top suggesting that.

Edited by rlh

My question to the post about the family is did the have a bon a fide change of address according to the TSSAA. The rule states that the family must make a definite move which means they cannot have ANY bills coming to the residence in Paris. Electricity, Water, etc. must be cut off and the residence vacated. If this is not done then it is a violation of TSSAA rules in accordance with elgibility. You can agree or disagree with the rule but it is what it is. The rule is in place to keep parents from renting an apartment or moving into an area to allow little johnny to play ball for a certain team then when season over with move back to residence. This happens and some get away some don't. The punishment is minor in my opinion, vacate 3 wins?? still 2-0 and other teams keep the losses?? What has that accomplished?? Keep all stats from the games and such?? Really? Just a slap on the wrist if you ask me. Doesn't seem like much of deterent to me. That just my opinion like everyone else had one but hope I shed some light on how the rule works. If any bill still in their name in Paris whether they living there or not it is not a change of address according to TSSAA.

How can you make repairs to a house with no utilities? And if the house is for sale, you have to have electricity in order for the realtor to show it.

Viking Fan I did not say the rule made sense, just like alot of things with TSSAA, but that is the rule. Just know having dealt with the TSSAA before on this issue that is what my school was told when they contacted the office in Nashville. Player must be moved and the family receiving no mail or have any bills coming to the house in their name. Was just trying to help provide a little insight.

How can you make repairs to a house with no utilities? And if the house is for sale, you have to have electricity in order for the realtor to show it.

Wardawg is right.No need to appeal.That's basically what I've said in a lot of my posts.That the TSSAA is going to check records,utility bills ,etc.I'm sure a lot of people show the TSSAA records that they have turned on ytilities at a new address.But probably what nails a lot of folks is when they have to show proof that utilities were turned off by the time a student transferred.These parents may have had the best intent but like Wardawg said a lot of people would maybe just pull a fuse out of a wall,maybe just find an apartment for a few months or rent a P.O. box and hope that is a change of address.But also,if this family is allowed to do this,even if it is legit.what about others that could say.Well we moved,but kept our utilities on so we could fix the place up to sell.Everyone would be doing that.Bad on the kids but the TSSAA clearly states no two households.And that doesn't mean living there.Just can't have utilities in 2 places.

Again.Good thing this came out when it did.Just think if this didnt surface until about 4 weeks later and PC had to vacate more district losses.They won big last night and have an excellent team so I'd think their chances are still as good as anyone's.

Edited by mrbigster

They way I look at it, rules are rules. This one is there for a reason, to keep kids and their families from staying in one town for a few days just so they can play a sport then move back after the season. I don't think that's what happened here.

I got a seatbelt ticket while I was parked one time so I feel your pain PC, I fell your pain…