Ezell Harding, why do that?

itzme

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

itzme, I agree with you. I respect the abilities of Ezell-Harding having seen them defeat CPA 16-7, and I know that Coach Smith is talented...but I wish he would have a little more respect for other teams (this is the same coach that humiliated Clarksville Academy 81-0 last year). Maybe I don't know the whole story, but this seems WAY overdone. 49-0 is still a win, and I wonder why the Eagles don't just settle for that.

It's been done before. Take a look back at some of the past years for Trousdale County. They have humiliated alot of teams in the past.

Don't make it right, sometimes it can't be helped.

How come nothing was said when Celina ran up 61 against Oakdale , or when greenback wins 57-0???......If you are going to get on one team for doing it get on another, or you could just do what you should have done to begin with and kept your mouth shut. There really is no reason for a thread like this. Blowouts happen in high school football quite frequently....It is only a matter of time before Lighthouse will shut down their "athletics department" anyways.

Guest Football4life

i am just mad that ezell let them score. sooner or later if everyone keeps killing lighthouse they will just stop having sports. then ezell, cpa, fra, dca wont have to waste a friday night playing them and can play someone that will make them better. maybe lighthouse will get the hint soon. good job ezell keep running your offense. get better for the playoffs and go get another gold ball.good luck

Posted by jc147:

How come nothing was said when Celina ran up 61 against Oakdale , or when greenback wins 57-0???......If you are going to get on one team for doing it get on another, or you could just do what you should have done to begin with and kept your mouth shut. There really is no reason for a thread like this. Blowouts happen in high school football quite frequently....It is only a matter of time before Lighthouse will shut down their "athletics department" anyways.

I would be critical of any team that ran it up that much. There is no need to do that and any rationalization to the effect of "we couldn't help it" rings pretty hollow. I guess I expect Ezell to have more class, that's all.

BTW, my mouth usually is shut when I type! :D

< sooner or later if everyone keeps killing lighthouse they will just stop having sports. then ezell, cpa, fra, dca wont have to waste a friday night playing them and can play someone that will make them better. maybe lighthouse will get the hint soon.

I think there are plenty of better teams all these schools could schedule, they just choose not to. Schedule Brentwood Academy, Brentwood, Franklin, Riverdale, then you can make this claim.

By the way, some schools actually have sports because they believe it's a valuable part of the educational experience. It's not all about winning.

I too would prefer not to have Lighthouse on our schedule, but the last thing I would want to see them do is give up sports.

Lighthouse have an extremely small squad who are up against the odds week in week out. Yet they still persist and I say well done. They play to the best of their ability and often leave the field exhausted. They have no hope of ever winning a state championship nor even making the playoffs, yet I still believe there is character being built in their young men along with great memories of being part of a team.

They are not losers in my eyes and are still worthy competitors because they have heart when all logical thought would dismiss them as being crazy.

Posted by Football4life:

i am just mad that ezell let them score. sooner or later if everyone keeps killing lighthouse they will just stop having sports. then ezell, cpa, fra, dca wont have to waste a friday night playing them and can play someone that will make them better. maybe lighthouse will get the hint soon. good job ezell keep running your offense. get better for the playoffs and go get another gold ball.good luck

OnlineLC, I agree. And I don't know the politics or technicalities behind what I am about to say, but perhaps Lighthouse should join the Division 2-1A ranks where they could play against squads about their size. They would fare much better against Rosemark, St. Andrews, or Mt. Juliet Christian than they would against Ezell, CPA, or DCA. Again, I don't know what it would take to do this, but from my vantage point it would not be a bad idea.