Lake County @ Union City

60-40....60-40....60-40....60-40....60-40....

You get the picture ??...I imagine that score will be taped to every locker in the Tornado locker room...

This is a must game for both teams...Union City has to get this game and the game vs a suddenly hot South Fulton bunch...I just don't see the Tornadoes beating Humboldt so they need to have the best record of the 1A teams in the district..LC still has UC, SF and Humboldt to play so this is a big game...

UC has got to stop turning the ball over...I have no idea how you win a game with 5 turnovers but I do know one thing, you can't make a living doing it week after week...

This will shock bigster but I am picking UC by a score of 36-33...

Edited by Purple & Gold Standard

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From listening to the game last night and others that were there that knows their football pretty well, Union City overmatched Trenton on the Offensive side of the ball and accually the Defense showed up to some degree. each team had a defensive T D scored on a fumble. Union City had two t d 's called back and 5 fumbles. The game they said should have been something....35 to 13. Rutland is getting better and hopefully #60 ( Gore ) will be back on the field. Folks were saying they couldn't believe after seeing trenton that they beat lake county. We shall see.....

You get the picture ??...I imagine that score will be taped to every locker in the Tornado locker room...

This is a must game for both teams...Union City has to get this game and the game vs a suddenly hot South Fulton bunch...I just don't see the Tornadoes beating Humboldt so they need to have the best record of the 1A teams in the district..LC still has UC, SF and Humboldt to play so this is a big game...

UC has got to stop turning the ball over...I have no idea how you win a game with 5 turnovers but I do know one thing, you can't make a living doing it week after week...

If this game were the first week or two of the season,would have gave the edge to Lake Co.Now the Tornadoes have had time to get the quarterback some snaps.Like you said.This game could decide the fate of both teams with South Fulton and Humboldt still to come.The winner could lose those games and possibiy still get in.Don't know if the bye will help or hurt Lake Co.Maybe it gave them time to really be able to scout UC.Can't have turnovers.Going with the speed of Lake Co.Have a feeling that Lake Co has some plays that Uc hasnt seen yet.Lake Co shot themselves in the foot several times against Trenton.Was on the 3 yard line and didn't score.Time management and a costly delay of game hurt them in that game as well.Had their chances.And the game was still 21-20 with about 50 seconds left in the game.But Trenton picked up a fumble and returned the ball about 50 or 60 yards with seconds left for the final score.I think the Tornadoes capitalized on a couple Trenton miscues when they went up 14-0.I say Lake Co wins 34-27

What does that 60-40 mean?Is that the basketball score from last year...lol

I Think It Was The End Result Of A Come From Behind Victory, In A Game Where Union City Was Leading!

Aint That The Way You Seen It P&G?....Ya Hoser!

Yeah... :roflol: ... I think the Tornadoes were ahead late and a couple bad calls led to the comeback...Those refs really turned the game around last season...That's how I remember it...

No, but really....Do you have to be a Plus Member to have a custom freakin' avatar around here ???...

UC wins this game at home if their crowd actually shows up to give them home field advantage. Turnovers may turn it to LC side. Bowlin needs a defensive coordinator. Horrid defensive scheme.

If neither team turns the ball over I still think Lake Co will win.That sounds odd probably because I'm assumming that Union City likes to give the ball to Fair and get 3 or 4 yards at a time so if they don't fumble ,will be able to sustain drives.I think with Crawford back in the middle of the line that Union City wont be able to run the ball up the middle like they think.Havent seen the player that moved in from Fulton.Maybe he'll be the speedster they are needing.Don't think they can stop Lake Co defensively.

Rumor has it this is UCGRADS last season and more than likely will be gone by the first of the year. Atleast that's the rumor..

Dude...go get on your O C Board why don't ya and you can't take any trash talkin only being a member of the board for 2 hour. There should be some Lake County fans post on here that can chew you up and spit you all all around. These forums are for fun...trash talkin and game thoughts. If you can't deal with it...don't read it little buddy.

If neither team turns the ball over I still think Lake Co will win.That sounds odd probably because I'm assumming that Union City likes to give the ball to Fair and get 3 or 4 yards at a time so if they don't fumble ,will be able to sustain drives.I think with Crawford back in the middle of the line that Union City wont be able to run the ball up the middle like they think.Havent seen the player that moved in from Fulton.Maybe he'll be the speedster they are needing.Don't think they can stop Lake Co defensively.

After the Trenotn game...none of us see how they beat Lake Co. I still think if it comes down to defense...U C can't stop the Big Green Machine but on the other hand, Trenton gave us hope and with a win against the Green and Gold, would put the Purple and Gold in the drivers seat. Union City has played a very tough schedule...A top ranked Wayne Co. , Obion County, top ranked Huntingdon so far...all three ranked in the top four of their division. Should be fun and wouldn't suprise me that it comes down to the last few plays of the game. Look for Union City to mix things up and throw the football alot..mixing in Hyde on the run game with also rutland. good luck to both for a injury free game.