Lake County @ Union City

After the Trenotn game...none of us see how they beat Lake Co. I still think if it comes down to defense...U C can't stop the Big Green Machine but on the other hand, Trenton gave us hope and with a win against the Green and Gold, would put the Purple and Gold in the drivers seat. Union City has played a very tough schedule...A top ranked Wayne Co. , Obion County, top ranked Huntingdon so far...all three ranked in the top four of their division. Should be fun and wouldn't suprise me that it comes down to the last few plays of the game. Look for Union City to mix things up and throw the football alot..mixing in Hyde on the run game with also rutland. good luck to both for a injury free game.

Can't argue about the teams yall have played.Same for like I said with Trenton.I agree if Lake Co had played those teams as well,never mind..lol..Same to you guys.Really can't see Union City throwing the ball with Rafael Tyler,Devon Jones, and Ricky Boyd roaming the field.At least not deep but we'll see.Havent seen the kid from South Fulto that transferred in.I was hoping that LC could key on Hyde,who is a stud but maybe the transfer will keep LC from being able to do that.I've been reading on another site that some people think these linebackers are among the best ever.We'll see Friday night when they run into Mr.Hyde and company.

Edited by mrbigster

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't seen Lake County this year but I know they returned most of their skilled players. IMO, Union City isn't much better than last year. Even with their QB back, I don't think they can hang with LC simply because of the quick strike ability and speed LC has. If UC can slow down the LC run game, I feel their secondary will get burned. With a big man upfront on defense to keep Hyde in check, the ends should be able to somewhat contain the speed sweeps of UC. If the Falcons corners can play man and keep the safety in the middle of the field, the Falcons should win by 8. I think the LC/Trenton game might have woken up the birds of prey!! Good luck to my old home! Go Falcons!!!

With the Rebels idle this week, I think I'll be slipping into the green and gold crowd!

Edited by justaOCfan

Bigster, Lewis is the klid that transferred from SF and if u remember he is the only that swatted the pass away on the final play of the game last year to seal our win over yall haha. He is a very elusive rb. Very fast and has grown quite a bit since i seen him last year at SF. Better be able to contain him because he has really shined in the past few games.

If neither team turns the ball over I still think Lake Co will win.That sounds odd probably because I'm assumming that Union City likes to give the ball to Fair and get 3 or 4 yards at a time so if they don't fumble ,will be able to sustain drives.I think with Crawford back in the middle of the line that Union City wont be able to run the ball up the middle like they think.Havent seen the player that moved in from Fulton.Maybe he'll be the speedster they are needing.Don't think they can stop Lake Co defensively.

If UC hands the ball to Fair, it will be the longest handoff in football history, since Fair plays (and plays very well) for Obion Central and not for UC. UC has the worst defense I have seen all season; Huntingdon, Dresden, even Halls ran through them. Tackling is terrible. Their pass defense would be terrible also, except that no one has to throw. Except for Trenton, every team on the Union City schedule scored their point highs for the year against Union City, even Greenfield had two touchdowns.

As far as Union City throwing the bll a lot...not on this planet, not in this century.

Only a dedicated Union City fan could look at this year's team and think about playoffs.

Edited by Augielio

Dude...go get on your O C Board why don't ya and you can't take any trash talkin only being a member of the board for 2 hour. There should be some Lake County fans post on here that can chew you up and spit you all all around. These forums are for fun...trash talkin and game thoughts. If you can't deal with it...don't read it little buddy.

Go get on my oc board? You post on oc board. I support UC to dude, I'm not Like You, we put kid's first at oc!!! Ha ha ha, that's why u have to make rumors of Jackson leaving Because those Uc kids are wanting to switch schools. Why because we put kids first.

Bigster, Lewis is the klid that transferred from SF and if u remember he is the only that swatted the pass away on the final play of the game last year to seal our win over yall haha. He is a very elusive rb. Very fast and has grown quite a bit since i seen him last year at SF. Better be able to contain him because he has really shined in the past few games.

Yea,I remember yall had a fast running back to go with your quarterback.I liked him,your quarterback and the Tatum young man.

If UC hands the ball to Fair, it will be the longest handoff in football history, since Fair plays (and plays very well) for Obion Central and not for UC. UC has the worst defense I have seen all season; Huntingdon, Dresden, even Halls ran through them. Tackling is terrible. Their pass defense would be terrible also, except that no one has to throw. Except for Trenton, every team on the Union City schedule scored their point highs for the year against Union City, even Greenfield had two touchdowns.

As far as Union City throwing the bll a lot...not on this planet, not in this century.

Only a dedicated Union City fan could look at this year's team and think about playoffs.

Ok.Sorry.I meant Hyde.I have addressd Hyde in some of my other posts.Glad to see you finally have awakened.Havent seen you on here in awhile.I guess you think UC is a winner now...Just teasing ..lol

Ok.Sorry.I meant Hyde.I have addressd Hyde in some of my other posts.Glad to see you finally have awakened.Havent seen you on here in awhile.I guess you think UC is a winner now...Just teasing ..lol

But did Halls or maybe Greenfield get those points late against the subs.Say what you will but the Tornadoes are unbeaten in the district.

But did Halls or maybe Greenfield get those points late against the subs.Say what you will but the Tornadoes are unbeaten in the district.

The teams they have beaten are a combined 3 wins, 16 losses, and all 3 wins came against each other).Halls scored all 20 of hits points in the first half, and had the lead. Greenfield, I do not know. But for most of this season, Union City hasn't had enough players to have second and third units in games.

Edited by Augielio

The teams they have beaten are a combined 3 wins, 16 losses, and all 3 wins came against each other).Halls scored all 20 of hits points in the first half, and had the lead. Greenfield, I do not know. But for most of this season, Union City hasn't had enough players to have second and third units in games.

Greenfieldfan was being Mercy Ruled...

If and this is a big if, if they can get by LC and SF they will be in the playoffs...