Lake County @ Union City

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It did end up 52-46.Lake Co scored with about a minute left to play in the game and Lake co had a 52-40 lead and I was on the phone with Devil Alumni telling him the score was going to be 52-40 and looked up with about 20 seconds later and UC threw a long pass for about 50 yards to score again and I thought ,oh no.If UC gets this onside kick with about 30 seconds left,they are going to win this game.It was that kind of game.The last team to touch the ball wins.Very entertaining game but very sloppy game as far as turnovers.Both teams on defense couldnt catch a cold.Union City scored on the very first play of the game on a long pass.Lake Co came right back and scored and went for 2 points and made it and was called for an ineligible receiver.Then they tried to kick the extra point wgich seems to be a waste of time.From there it was back and forth with no team showing they could stop the other.Lake Co was behind by 10 points at the half and came out in the second half and went on to win.UC is a better team with the quarterback back and Hyde is a beast.He ran for about 200 yards.For Lake Co ,Rafael Tyler showed why is he all state with 6 catches for 260 yards.I think he scored 4 touchdowns as well.His last catch was a thing of beauty.Lake Co was on the 1 yard line and ran a a couple plays just to get some breathing room.Lake Co then elected to pass and Rafael somehow came up with the ball and ran to about the 3 yard line.Lake Co did hold UC on a couple 4 down plays once or twice in the game inside the 5 yard line.The announcers from UC were talking after the game that UC had the lead and lost the game with turnovers.Yes they did.But they failed to say that LC almost lost the game by turnovers as well.Both teams fumbled the ball seven times with UC losing 4 of them and Lake Co 3.Lake Co gave UC 3 touchdowns at least on turnovers.Once UC was faced with a 4th and 9 for a first down from about the 25 yard line and UC threw a pass that was in complete but Lake Co was called for roughing the passer and was an automatic first down and they had the ball on about the 15 .That was a key to that touchdown.Later Union City scores and Devon Jones takes the kickoff and is hit at about the 15 or 20 yard yard line and fumbles so UC scores 2 touchdowns pretty quick.Then late in the game Lake Co has about a 14 point lead and plays very conservative to take time off the clock and is punting the ball from about the 30 yard line.Lake Co centered the ball over Rafael's head and Union City got the ball on about the 15 yard line and scores a few plays later..Some were thinking that Uc would do an onside kick but kicked the ball about 25 yards and a lineman for Lake Co touched the ball ball and UC recoverd again.Both teams gambled on a 4th down play a couple times and instaed of punting,went for first downs and didn't make them.Those decisions led to a touchdown by each team.Lake Co also blocked a UC punt that was big as well and hurt UC.So was basically a game of turnovers and who had the ball last.

Edited by mrbigster

Ugly game. The ball was on the grass as much as it was in someone's hands. Lake County played a terrible 1st half. Arm tackling, poor blocking, and absolutely no emotion. We were talking in the stands that to play that bad of a 1st half, they were lucky to only be down by 10 points. In the 2nd half, they had a bit more enthusiasm, and Union City's defense continued to be horrible. The passes to Tyler were off the mark on more than one occasion when he was in double coverage, yet he made adjustments and got to the ball. I was very impressed with him as a receiver. Boyd and the Jones kid ran hard around the goal line. But I was most impressed with the Falcon's #87 on defense. That kid was in on everything last night. He and the big boy got a workout.

Hyde ran hard for UC. He gained big yardage on the night. The kid breaks arm tackles like straw. Rutland's return definitely helped with the passing game, but fumbles are a killer. And it was both teams last night. Can't say either team would have beaten themselves in that aspect. UC has to find some semblence of a defense and LC has to develop something to call special teams.

With all that said, neither bunch gave up last night. It was a battle to the end. Both have low numbers of kids that played hard going both ways. All the scoring made it an exciting game. Good luck to both.

It did end up 52-46.Lake Co scored with about a minute left to play in the game and Lake co had a 52-40 lead and I was on the phone with Devil Alumni telling him the score was going to be 52-40 and looked up with about 20 seconds later and UC threw a long pass for about 50 yards to score again and I thought ,oh no.If UC gets this onside kick with about 30 seconds left,they are going to win this game.It was that kind of game.The last team to touch the ball wins.Very entertaining game but very sloppy game as far as turnovers.Both teams on defense couldnt catch a cold.Union City scored on the very first play of the game on a long pass.Lake Co came right back and scored and went for 2 points and made it and was called for an ineligible receiver.Then they tried to kick the extra point wgich seems to be a waste of time.From there it was back and forth with no team showing they could stop the other.Lake Co was behind by 10 points at the half and came out in the second half and went on to win.UC is a better team with the quarterback back and Hyde is a beast.He ran for about 200 yards.For Lake Co ,Rafael Tyler showed why is he all state with 6 catches for 260 yards.I think he scored 4 touchdowns as well.His last catch was a thing of beauty.Lake Co was on the 1 yard line and ran a a couple plays just to get some breathing room.Lake Co then elected to pass and Rafael somehow came up with the ball and ran to about the 3 yard line.Lake Co did hold UC on a couple 4 down plays once or twice in the game inside the 5 yard line.The announcers from UC were talking after the game that UC had the lead and lost the game with turnovers.Yes they did.But they failed to say that LC almost lost the game by turnovers as well.Both teams fumbled the ball seven times with UC losing 4 of them and Lake Co 3.Lake Co gave UC 3 touchdowns at least on turnovers.Once UC was faced with a 4th and 9 for a first down from about the 25 yard line and UC threw a pass that was in complete but Lake Co was called for roughing the passer and was an automatic first down and they had the ball on about the 15 .That was a key to that touchdown.Later Union City scores and Devon Jones takes the kickoff and is hit at about the 15 or 20 yard yard line and fumbles so UC scores 2 touchdowns pretty quick.Then late in the game Lake Co has about a 14 point lead and plays very conservative to take time off the clock and is punting the ball from about the 30 yard line.Lake Co centered the ball over Rafael's head and Union City got the ball on about the 15 yard line and scores a few plays later..Some were thinking that Uc would do an onside kick but kicked the ball about 25 yards and a lineman for Lake Co touched the ball ball and UC recoverd again.Both teams gambled on a 4th down play a couple times and instaed of punting,went for first downs and didn't make them.Those decisions led to a touchdown by each team.Lake Co also blocked a UC punt that was big as well and hurt UC.So was basically a game of turnovers and who had the ball last.

Congrats on the win Lake County. But if these two teams continue to light up the boards. Both will forced to purchase new score boards! LOL!

Congrats on the win Lake County. But if these two teams continue to light up the boards. Both will forced to purchase new score boards! LOL!

At one time last night the score was about 46-34 in favor of Lake Co in the late in the 3rd quarter and I was thinking if Union city scores once more and Lake Co twice,then about 60-40 again...Really hated for UC to got that last touchdown with about 30 seconds to play on a long pass.52-40 sounds a lot better than 52-46.then I'm thinking.What if Devon Jones hadnt intercepted the ball with about a minute left to play and returned the ball back for a touchdown.Does Lake Co play that same defense or the same way.If they do,then they would have lost by 2 points.Dont know why somebody wasnt back deep on that play.

I will say with the quarterback back,Union City has some weapons and if they don't turn the ball over they are going to be a tough out on the offensive side of the ball..If he wasn't back,I think Lake Co would have won by 4 touchdowns.Union City couldn't even get the snap hardly in the jamboree.He makes a difference.

Edited by mrbigster