SCIENCE HILL @ BOONE

FUB

Science Hill is loaded in every sense of the word in comparison to any team in this region at any level... including DB. That's right I said it... DB Dobyns Bennett. DB has four maybe five core players on that team... the Hill have four just in the offensive backfield. They have more combined size, and speed than any two teams in the Big 8, and layers of athletes at most of the skilled positions. If Science Hill doesn't beat DB in the next two years Coach Carter should be fired!!! IMO... of course. :thumb:

i think we play oct 27, if we dont win by three td's il eat crow and by you a hot dog and coke, i know you il find you at the game, cant make tn high game have to work

i think we play oct 27, if we dont win by three td's il eat crow and by you a hot dog and coke, i know you il find you at the game, cant make tn high game have to work

If you have attended any DB games this year then you know we are not very good in the secondary. If we can't get big pressure on the QB we get torched in the passing game. We have had receivers running wide open in every game this year. We just don't cover in the secondary and its that simple. Science Hill's QB is to shifty and they have a pretty good ofensive line to go with it. They have good receivers also. I think the game will go much like the Sevier Co. game. I just hope we have luck on our side like we did against Sevier Co. My question is......We have the best athletes in the Big 8 playing in the secondary, why can't we cover receivers?

You can say what you want, but I'm willing to bet that ANY coach in the Big 8 would kill for the speed, size, and talent that the Toppers posses. I'll go further out on the limb and say that give this team to Clark, Jenkins, or even Boggs (with his high speed offense) and you have a 6A State contender. I take no pleasure saying these things because I've always been a Carter fan... but it seems that he brings more motivation to the table than X's and O's. After the game looked like Freddy had come to Gray for another Friday 13th massacre in the first quarter with the Toppers going up 21 to nothin in less than 8 minutes, Jenkins made adjustments and it actually looked like they could have had a chance had they come out from the beginning with the adjusted game plan. Carter and the Nelson boys couldn't adapt... at least while I was there.

There's less X and O from Jenkins than you think. How is running the ball 56 times down 3-4 scores qualify as adjustments? In my opinion Boone's play calling was aimed at piling up rushing totals and winning "toughest team" on the field that day (which I say they did win). Any other team down that much takes to the air to get back in the game. Now I understand that Boone's not the best at throwing the ball, but still it wasn't a winning strategy to pound the rock and run the clock. Don't get me wrong now, it was a great plan to start the game and if SH hadn't exploded in the 1st qtr then that game would have been much, much closer. It just seems counterintuitive to run so much. And the success from Jenkins' "adjustments" looked like SH not putting #72 in as much since they had stopped the run early and gotten their lead.

Rant over, just mad at what I perceived Boone's playing to loose not as bad as opposed to playing to win.

All the same it's still great. He told someone at the Kingsport Target today. Think he is hooked.

That's sweet . . . I remember when my son was mesmerized by the older kids. And when he was in the spot light, he made a special effort to show attention to the young one's by giving his wrist sweat bands away and helmet stickers. Its always good to encourage the young one's coming up.

There's less X and O from Jenkins than you think. How is running the ball 56 times down 3-4 scores qualify as adjustments? In my opinion Boone's play calling was aimed at piling up rushing totals and winning "toughest team" on the field that day (which I say they did win). Any other team down that much takes to the air to get back in the game. Now I understand that Boone's not the best at throwing the ball, but still it wasn't a winning strategy to pound the rock and run the clock. Don't get me wrong now, it was a great plan to start the game and if SH hadn't exploded in the 1st qtr then that game would have been much, much closer. It just seems counterintuitive to run so much. And the success from Jenkins' "adjustments" looked like SH not putting #72 in as much since they had stopped the run early and gotten their lead.

Rant over, just mad at what I perceived Boone's playing to loose not as bad as opposed to playing to win.

IMO, accurate and not unexpected.

That is not a fair assessment of the situation, Boone's best chance at winning is running the ball no matter how may scores they are down. They have a better chance of breaking a big run than completing a pass. Now last year if they were down by that much they are gonna throw the ball, but they just can't do it this year. It is very painful to watch I know.

Science Hill may have better receivers than Sevier County.Their problem is a soft defensive front.DB will have to run them into the ground on offense and get pressure on defense or it will be a bad night for the Tribe.I think we will get pressure and cause a bad throw or two,I hope anyway.

Nope, not even close. Science Hill will burn the blazers badly. Boone blitzed by Betsy. Rebs beat Betsy. Toppers rolled the Rebs. Toppers how many ever they want.

Well two of my points can be counted on.... 2. The Boone concessions really are good. 3. There will be plenty of room on the visitor's side since Science Hill travels with about 30 fans. A school of 2200+ in a city of 55k+ and there's always plenty of seats on their side. What's up with that anyway?

Edited by Pudding

Well two of my points can be counted on.... 2. The Boone concessions really are good. 3. There will be plenty of room on the visitor's side since Science Hill travels with about 30 fans. A school of 2200+ in a city of 55k+ and there's always plenty of seats on their side. What's up with that anyway?

I think you need to drink your coffee and take another look at this thread. :huh:

I think you need to drink your coffee and take another look at this thread. :huh:

Dont drink coffee, but thanks. Just being a smart@ss to RebelConvert since he said my first post was "not close" or something like that. Yeah, I wasnt close on the game / two halves thing. Thought I'd poke the SH fans a bit too. :rolleyes: