cats1031

BGA vs. BA  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• BGA in Regulation
    • BGA in OT
    • BA in Regulation
    • BA in OT

BGA is improved, but BA will roll. The Eagles' defense is good enough to keep BGA QB C.J. Beathard from putting up too many points, and the BA offense is good enough to exploit the same weaknesses that allowed Ensworth to score 33 on them.

Keep in mind that as well as Beathard has played this year, he was only 12-of-28 for 71 yards in the first three quarters against Ensworth.

BGA has never beaten Brentwood Academy. In eight meetings, BA has won by an average of 36 points. This game won't be very close either. BGA's final two scores will come against the backups.

Brentwood Academy 34, BGA 20

BGA is improved, but BA will roll. The Eagles' defense is good enough to keep BGA QB C.J. Beathard from putting up too many points, and the BA offense is good enough to exploit the same weaknesses that allowed Ensworth to score 33 on them.

Keep in mind that as well as Beathard has played this year, he was only 12-of-28 for 71 yards in the first three quarters against Ensworth.

BGA has never beaten Brentwood Academy. In eight meetings, BA has won by an average of 36 points. This game won't be very close either. BGA's final two scores will come against the backups.

Brentwood Academy 34, BGA 20

[/quote

Agreed. BA by two touchdowns.

BA coming off an emotional Baylor win will not be good for BA. BGA is capable of beating BA. (Beat a good Smyrna team) If BGA's QB is on he can hurt BA. (170 yds per game and 14 TD's) BA will wear BGA down and pull out the win in the last 5 min. Game will be closer than most people think.. BA 35 BGA 31

While Smyrna was a good team, they would be middle of the pack in DII AA. Smyrna was good but not even close to what BA is capable of and has proven.

BA 42

BGA 27

While Smyrna was a good team, they would be middle of the pack in DII AA. Smyrna was good but not even close to what BA is capable of and has proven.

Riverdale (#1 in State) beat Smyrna by 7.

Blackman (#4 in State) beat Smyrna by 1.

Olive Branch (#1 in Miss and #37 in Nation) beat Smyrna by 2.

Not sure they would be DII AA middle of pack.

Im just saying that we may never know how Smyrna would stand up to Ensworth, BA, or Baylor

BGA beat them in OT with almost 3 months of prep time. Im not sure the result would have been the same if they had 1 week to prepare for the bulldogs

BGA beat them, and I would say that BGA is the 4th best team in Middle/East DII(Ensworth,BA,Baylor). So that makes them 5th in the Middle/East. I also believe that MUS would beat them. Which would make them 6th out of 12 teams. I would say that is middle of the pack. But nonetheless, Smyrna is a very good football team.

• Upvote 1

BA rolls, as most expected. I arrived early in the second quarter and left early in the fourth, and my view wasn't great. That said, BA had a dozen more athletes than the Wildcats. BGA has a scrappy bunch, and I was impressed with the resiliency of their quarterback; but they aren't talented enough to hang with the top teams in DII.

Edited by WesVLT