DOBYNS-BENNETT VS SCIENCE HILL

ArtVandalay

Given the state of the Big 8 Conference this year.... I withdrawl from making a Post on any other Conference Game other than KINGSPORT DOBYNS-BENNETT @ JOHNSON CITY SCIENCE HILL (OCT 27 THUR).

The Indians have in between: @ Crockett (54-7), TN High (41-14), @ Volunteer (42-0). All scores are from last years. I would expect a wider score on a couple of those games this year.

The Toppers have remaining: @ Boone, Volunteer, @ TN High. The Toppers lost to both Boone and TN High last year, but I doubt anyone is expecting them to loose a one of those games this year.

What is the streak at? 18 I think. Stacy Carter is trying to give the Topper Nation what they hired him for.... a victory over Kingsport, something he could not do in several tries Coaching the Rebels. I believe Graham Clark is 18-1 against our #1 Rival in anything.

I expect it will be a great game. Unless, injuries hit these teams.

Roll Tribe Roll

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the state of the Big 8 Conference this year.... I withdrawl from making a Post on any other Conference Game other than KINGSPORT DOBYNS-BENNETT @ JOHNSON CITY SCIENCE HILL (OCT 27 THUR).

The Indians have in between: @ Crockett (54-7), TN High (41-14), @ Volunteer (42-0). All scores are from last years. I would expect a wider score on a couple of those games this year.

The Toppers have remaining: @ Boone, Volunteer, @ TN High. The Toppers lost to both Boone and TN High last year, but I doubt anyone is expecting them to loose a one of those games this year.

What is the streak at? 18 I think. Stacy Carter is trying to give the Topper Nation what they hired him for.... a victory over Kingsport, something he could not do in several tries Coaching the Rebels. I believe Graham Clark is 18-1 against our #1 Rival in anything.

I expect it will be a great game. Unless, injuries hit these teams.

Roll Tribe Roll

I think it would be a good game, but Science Hill's best shot to beat DB in my opinion would be a rematch in the playoffs. The quad matchups will change quite a bit over the next few weeks so it's difficult to tell right now.

D-B will score a lot, SH not as much. Aaron Greene will have to have a big night for the Toppers to have a chance.

Is that the WR#1? He is a talented player and the Topper QB is shifty. The Indians will have to put a spy on him.

The Indians will be 9-0 and the Toppers 7-2 going in....with both already wrapping up Playoff spots for finishing 1/2 in the Conference standings.

Edited by ArtVandalay

Is that the WR#1? He is a talented player and the Topper QB is shifty. The Indians will have to put a spy on him.

The Indians will be 9-0 and the Toppers 7-2 going in....with both already wrapping up Playoff spots for finishing 1/2 in the Conference standings.

Yes Art , he is #1. A little bigger than Swafford and as fast but WR only. #33 and #45 get most of the carries, Jamar and Will Adams. They are pretty rugged and shifty. They like to formation with 3 wides to one side and run to the weak side. I don't believe their defense has any answers for the Tribe, but I could see them making some noise on offense. As the game wears on your LBs and D-line with Sensabaugh and Gilliam should take over.

Yes Art , he is #1. A little bigger than Swafford and as fast but WR only. #33 and #45 get most of the carries, Jamar and Will Adams. They are pretty rugged and shifty. They like to formation with 3 wides to one side and run to the weak side. I don't believe their defense has any answers for the Tribe, but I could see them making some noise on offense. As the game wears on your LBs and D-line with Sensabaugh and Gilliam should take over.

Mark it down, if we don't fix our secondary we will lose to Science Hill.

DB will have to pressure up front and play very tight on Science Hills receivers.Number 1 is the real deal and if they have time to throw to him,we better have 400 yards rushing on offense.SH was a little soft on defense and had to play their big boy both ways,but that was several weeks ago.They have some size and speed on offense,and this game is over there where they always play pretty tough

This game will be a hard hitting, tough game. Science Hill seems to be getting stronger every week. The D-B monkey that has been riding the Toppers back for the last . . . what? 18 years!? Will be hard to shake. The team that makes the least mistakes, WINS! Science Hill needs to harness their high spirited emotions and eliminate those 15 yd penalties. Just one of those 15 yd personals against D-B could mean the difference in a win or a loss.

This game will be a hard hitting, tough game. Science Hill seems to be getting stronger every week. The D-B monkey that has been riding the Toppers back for the last . . . what? 18 years!? Will be hard to shake. The team that makes the least mistakes, WINS! Science Hill needs to harness their high spirited emotions and eliminate those 15 yd penalties. Just one of those 15 yd personals against D-B could mean the difference in a win or a loss.

DB has made plenty of those mistakes as well this year.One or two over the last few years have been a big part of our own playoff monkey exit.You can have better athletes,coaches and the best band in the world,but one stupid mistake by just one player can be a huge part of any game.It gets preached nearly every day,but these are still young people playing a big time game.

DB has made plenty of those mistakes as well this year.One or two over the last few years have been a big part of our own playoff monkey exit.You can have better athletes,coaches and the best band in the world,but one stupid mistake by just one player can be a huge part of any game.It gets preached nearly every day,but these are still young people playing a big time game.

I've been talking to some of the line from south and they're saying #72 is a handfull, and from what one young man said, even more so than Hayworth. I'm really looking forward to watching how each teams line handles itself.

Edited by rebelfan77

I've been talking to some of the line from south and they're saying #72 is a handfull, and from what one young man said, even more so than Hayworth. I'm really looking forward to watching how each teams line handles itself.

Really? I find it shocking that the South players would say that about a DB player. :)