DOBYNS-BENNETT VS SCIENCE HILL

ArtVandalay

Really? I find it shocking that the South players would say that about a DB player. :)

Hey DB fans...sorry to get off topic, but is their a DB fan on here named Lee? I can't remember his last name, but i met him at the Farragut DB game. We were supposed to meet up and go to the Alcoa Maryville game awhile back, but never got around to it. Any of you guys know of a Lee? Seems like his last name starts with an S? Thanks! BTW Lee, if your on here i am the Oak Ridge fan you met at the game haha

Edited by SweetScience

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If D-B and Maryville win out, which they should, and both win in the first two rounds, which they should, they will meet at the Black Hole. Correct?

It looks like the Big 8 and Clinton will cost home field advantage for the Tribe. Perhaps that's looking too far ahead.

Unfortunately yes that will be the case, but I'm sure they would be glad to be in the quarterfinals regardless of it being home or away.

Clinton needs to go. There at least 3 teams in the conference in most years that won't get to .500. The way the TSSAA sets up the playoff rankings hurts teams if they play tougher competition, but at the same token it punishes teams for playing weaker competition. :shock: The only fail-safe is to be the best team in the state. :rolleyes: Of course DB could still win the conference even if they go 8-2 or 7-3 most years and that could still give a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd ranking in quad 1.

Edited by THSVikings2004

The system is just messed up all the way around.Last year,Maryville would have had to come up here with it's last minute loss to Alcoa being the reason,if not for a one man Bearden show.Young had a nice return saturday,by the way. I like being able to play anyone outside of the conference your in and move the home field back and forth like it used to be in the playoffs.If DB goes out and plays an old MBA or Oak Ridge type of team and get's a loss or two,They go on the road for their reward.The system now punishes everyone that loves a good football matchup,from the conference setup all the way to the playoffs.