1.) Obion County

8.) Jackson South Side

4.) Fairley

5.) Bolivar

3.) Covington

6.) Dyersburg

2.) Mitchell

7.) Ripley

I will try my best to do this every week so that fans are up to date on how their team is faring in the playoff picture. It looks like two excellent brackets to me.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the way I take it they are predicting Chester Co. to beat Lexington. My question is if Lexington doesn't lose the entire season, will they get the number one seed? Last year we won the district and beat Liberty and they (Liberty) still got the higher seed. I know there is a lot of ifs, but I am just wondering.

Can we PLEASE play someone other than Goodpasture in the playoffs?

Yall wont play Goodpasture in the 1st round seeing how both teams will more than likely win their districts

But i dont know how this year is gonna work out. Harpeth is #1 in there district, Goodpasture is #1, Smith Co. is #1, CPA is #1 or 2, Bledsoe is a #2, Pearl Cohn is a #1 or 2, all these teams by the new rules would have to host a 1st round game. 6 teams cant host in the same quad

So the way I take it they are predicting Chester Co. to beat Lexington. My question is if Lexington doesn't lose the entire season, will they get the number one seed? Last year we won the district and beat Liberty and they (Liberty) still got the higher seed. I know there is a lot of ifs, but I am just wondering.

No when CC was 5-0 and Lexington was 4-0 ( because of the bye weeks ) CC was a half a game ahead of Lexington in the district and neither teams have lost!! So they still keep CC as number one! Whatever happens Friday will determine if it changes or not!!

Yall wont play Goodpasture in the 1st round seeing how both teams will more than likely win their districts

But i dont know how this year is gonna work out. Harpeth is #1 in there district, Goodpasture is #1, Smith Co. is #1, CPA is #1 or 2, Bledsoe is a #2, Pearl Cohn is a #1 or 2, all these teams by the new rules would have to host a 1st round game. 6 teams cant host in the same quad

There is nothing that says district #1's and #2's host. The #1's are seeded based on victories, then "quality opponents, then so on and so on.... then the #2's are seeded based on victories, quality opponents,,yadd yadda yadda,,, then the "Wildcards" are seeded. Top 4 seeds will host, whether they are champs, runner ups, or wildcard..

And in the case of disciplinary action for a #1 or #2 by TSSAA which prevents post-season play,, the district #3 will move up and become the automatic qualifier.

Class 3A: Q1

1.) Sullivan North

8.) Happy Valley

4.) Elizabethton

5.) West Greene

3.) Gatlinburg-Pittman

6.) Pigeon Forge

2.) Chuckey-Doak

7.) South Greene

Class 3A: Q2

1.) CAK

8.) Meigs County

4.) Sweetwater

5.) Polk County

3.) Alcoa

6.) Austin-East

2.) Kingston

7.) Loudon

Class 3A: Q3

1.) Smith County

8.) Cheatham County

4.) Sequatchie County

5.) Bledsoe County

3.) Harpeth

6.) Pearl-Cohn

2.) CPA

7.) Goodpasture

Class 3A: Q4

1.) Fairview

8.) Stewart County

4.) South Gibson

5.) Lewis County

3.) Camden

6.) Manassas

2.) Milan

7.) Westview

Class 4A: Q1

1.) Greeneville

8.) Gibbs

4.) Red Bank

5.) Notre Dame

3.) Sullivan East

6.) Sequoyah

2.) Carter

7.) Fulton

Class 4A: Q2

1.) Signal Mountain

8.) Page

4.) Marshall County

5.) Giles County

3.) Livingston Academy

6.) Macon County

2.) DeKalb County

7.) Stratford

Class 4A: Q3

1.) Chester County

8.) Montgomery Central

4.) Maplewood

5.) White House

3.) Sycamore

6.) Whites Creek

2.) Lexington

7.) Liberty Tech

Class 4A: Q4

1.) Obion County

8.) Jackson South Side

4.) Fairley

5.) Bolivar

3.) Covington

6.) Dyersburg

2.) Mitchell

7.) Ripley

I will try my best to do this every week so that fans are up to date on how their team is faring in the playoff picture. It looks like two excellent brackets to me.

It is my understanding that Kingston goes to 4A in the playoffs. However, I dont see how you could have them seeded over Alcoa even if they stay in 3A???? Just sayin.....

It is my understanding that Kingston goes to 4A in the playoffs. However, I dont see how you could have them seeded over Alcoa even if they stay in 3A???? Just sayin.....

You are correct. Current standings

Alcoa is 3-0 in the district while Kingston is 2-1, so Alcoa would currently be a #2 seed as they are just a little behind on overall wins. However, all of us in East TN know a lot will change before the end of the regular season. It's way too soon to know how our district will end up.

You are correct. Current standings

Alcoa is 3-0 in the district while Kingston is 2-1, so Alcoa would currently be a #2 seed as they are just a little behind on overall wins. However, all of us in East TN know a lot will change before the end of the regular season. It's way too soon to know how our district will end up.

well last year, Martin Westview won their district at a 7-3 record. Milan was in the same district at a 8-2 record and still got a better seeding in the playoffs..district play doesnt even matter

well last year, Martin Westview won their district at a 7-3 record. Milan was in the same district at a 8-2 record and still got a better seeding in the playoffs..district play doesnt even matter

I stand corrected. This link clearly shows the first criteria after finishing 1 or 2 in your district is overall wins, as you pointed out. I forgot that the all knowing TSSAA took out any credit for how you finish in your district and instead give an incentive for schools to schedule the easiest schedule they can. It doesn't make sense to me but that's what we've got to work with.

TSSAA playoff criteria