Riverdale - Blackman

warrior82dad

Not really any way to over hype this game.

Repeating my earlier question, can we get tickets ahead of time for tis one? It seems like at Blackman getting through the ticket line is always the biggest bottleneck. A neat thing they did at Hendersonville was have people outside working the ticket line for those with correct change. That really moved things along quite a bit.

It would be awesome if Riverdale could get their injured guys back for this matchup.

I don't know about the other injured players but I asked about Lamar the one who got hurt in the Maplewood game. I was told he was going to try to come back this week but he knows for sure he will be back at Oakland game. I'll keep my fingers crossed for him!!!

Hard to pick this one. As always the key for Riverdale is to stop Mathers. Easier said than done. The key for Blackman is tackle everyone coming out of the backfield. And then hope Woodruff (sorry if i didnt spell it correctly) doesnt burn you. Coin flip in my opinion. Two weeks ago i was sure that Riverdale wins this one. After seeing Blackman two weeks ago that may have changed. And yes that hurts to say. Probably going to be the best game in 7AAA this season. Good luck to both teams.

Will be close, but I give it to R'dale because of a better passing game and conditioning going into the 4th quarter.

Yes, the train will rumble, but 4 or 5 backs getting the same amount of yards cancels that advantage.

I think the weather may have a factor in the rumbling. A wet rainy track will slow down both running games but would give the edge to the Warriors in the passing game. Could make the difference...just sayin....

I think the weather may have a factor in the rumbling. A wet rainy track will slow down both running games but would give the edge to the Warriors in the passing game. Could make the difference...just sayin....

When did slick, wet, heavy footballs start helping the passing game? However the runner knows when he's going to cut and the defense doesn't making it harder (on the wet field) to react and many say that gives the advantage to the running game.

Just saying.... :popcorneater:

When did slick, wet, heavy footballs start helping the passing game? However the runner knows when he's going to cut and the defense doesn't making it harder (on the wet field) to react and many say that gives the advantage to the running game.

Just saying.... :popcorneater:

Wow, you havent played football have you?? Everyone knows a back trying to make his cuts has trouble with footing and when a reciever is running his routs he has the advantage cutting against his defender making the benifit to the reciever and as for wet heavy footballs...they now have come into the 20th century and have this new fangled thing called a ball dryer and they now even use more than one ball!!!...........Just saying!!

Edited by warrior82dad

Wow, you havent played football have you?? Everyone knows a back trying to make his cuts has trouble with footing and when a reciever is running his routs he has the advantage cutting against his defender making the benifit to the reciever and as for wet heavy footballs...they now have come into the 20th century and have this new fangled thing called a ball dryer and they now even use more than one ball!!!...........Just saying!!

Your argument about the receiver having the footing is the same point DaBlueRaider is making regarding the running game. Both of them know where they should go, but their footing is would be tricky if it is raining. As far as the ball being dried off....you can dry all you want, but if it is raining, those balls get wet. Use all the balls you want..they will get wet if it is raining. Once leather is wet, it doesn't dry overnight. Wake up...

Your argument about the receiver having the footing is the same point DaBlueRaider is making regarding the running game. Both of them know where they should go, but their footing is would be tricky if it is raining. As far as the ball being dried off....you can dry all you want, but if it is raining, those balls get wet. Use all the balls you want..they will get wet if it is raining. Once leather is wet, it doesn't dry overnight. Wake up...

The reciever has nothing to do about the footing. Its the anticipation of the cut. The defender in open field who is yards of the reciever cannot react as fast to his cut. A running back is running at the players and has less margin for error and has to make quicker cuts....but I guess you wouldnt know that wihout ever playing,....and as for the balls, you do know they use as many as 15 balls during the course of a game keeping them dry in a dryer and rotating them out and they keep them covered with a towel until there ready for play...but again, i guess you wouldnt know that since you havent played before....