TSSAA visits Signal Mtn

Rabble Rouser

Sorry this argument is very weak and doesn't hold water. :roflolk:

Actually, go read the TSSAA bylaws. And you will see that just because a student is enrolled at a school, the football eligibility isn't automatic. Those are separate issues. The TSSAA requires them to have a certain number of courses and minimum GPA. The apparent problem appears to be that the child in question moved to the Howard School zone. If it turns out he applied for eligibility at Howard, then that is a whole other can of worms. We will see what the TSSAA says about this.

Bit different situation though from what it looks like. If ND was playing Signal and they knew the girl had played the year before for them it's kind of obvious, whereas this really doesn't concern ND. With or without McClendon Signal dominates ND, or to be honest the rest of the teams they play.

It's is a bit different but not much and would show a pattern. Did you miss the fact that ND filled out her paperwork and gave the wrong date on it. Then they waited until the week we were going to play them and called the TSSAA. They didn't wait until after the game to call they called before the game. Clearly they knew before but they waited and used it to gain an advantage. Then they blamed the girl and her family. The TSSAA finally saw through it but it was a distraction.

I understand we would dominate ND without Tim as we would have won all the other games too. But ND would benefit greatly if this were true. This would actually get them into the playoffs.

It's is a bit different but not much and would show a pattern. Did you miss the fact that ND filled out her paperwork and gave the wrong date on it. Then they waited until the week we were going to play them and called the TSSAA. They didn't wait until after the game to call they called before the game. Clearly they knew before but they waited and used it to gain an advantage. Then they blamed the girl and her family. The TSSAA finally saw through it but it was a distraction.

I understand we would dominate ND without Tim as we would have won all the other games too. But ND would benefit greatly if this were true. This would actually get them into the playoffs.

How would this get them in the playoffs ? Bledsoe would be 1st and Sequatchie 2nd, Notre Dame still gets a loss on their schedule.

Actually, go read the TSSAA bylaws. And you will see that just because a student is enrolled at a school, the football eligibility isn't automatic. Those are separate issues. The TSSAA requires them to have a certain number of courses and minimum GPA. The apparent problem appears to be that the child in question moved to the Howard School zone. If it turns out he applied for eligibility at Howard, then that is a whole other can of worms. We will see what the TSSAA says about this.

I think you are making my point. If he is enrolled at a school he can't play for another school, unless the school he is enrolled in doesn't have the sport he is playing. This is a TSSAA rule. Applying for eligibility doesn't mean anything if he didn't participate in any athletics there. He only establishes an athletic record at the school if he participates in a sport for them.

I see where you are going with this, but still I find it unlikely ND, or any school at that, would have complained. This most likely is a disgruntled parent or booster.

And to the bolded, I highly doubt they would still even get a shot for the playoffs without winning a single division game.

I see where you are going with this, but still I find it unlikely ND, or any school at that, would have complained. This most likely is a disgruntled parent or booster.

And to the bolded, I highly doubt they would still even get a shot for the playoffs without winning a single division game.

Last year it was the athletic director that called. The same one that signed the paperwork with the wrong dates. :o

Not sure how it will work since ND and SM are the only 4A schools in the district.