Tssaa visits signal mtn

PiRaTe._.MiKe

Old Pirate says folkes knowd theys were cheating and now thw 1st of possible other issues may slow that run-a-way program down. OP stated long ago about a couple fellers disgruntaled bout their youngons bench time due the new ones coming every year.

Theys are few observations that need to be noted.....1. Sad thing is SM hired coaches from local area schools and youngons were declared ineligible that transferred with the coaches.....sounds to OP both coaches most likely were doing some behind the scenes recruiting........Nah...........them SM folkes wouldn't ever approve such behavior.

2. Now that this breaking is becoming reality are any adminstrators or coaches going to be held partially responsible for these youngons not being able to play. Pert near the same thing that happened at Temple afew years back.

SM folkes need to listen up...........here. OP knowd this here feller back a few decades ago and folkes knowd he been recruiting favors ;) from the outside on his skillet slinger, well figure that skillet slinger got wind of it too down at the TNTBSUS (Trying Not To Be So Ugly Shop for your youngons). So she jest laid low and tracked him one day and came in on hime naked as a jay bird in that other skillet slingers nest. !st thing that feller did was jump straight up in that their queen size love nest and commensed to a shouting.........................................................................................................."I'm so drunk I don't knows whats I'm a doing ......or who's I'm a doing it with" Recon that slillet slinger of his didn't ritely believe that mess neither........................So.................Old Pirate says you SM folkes jest need to not git on this here coacht and be like them there Temple a few years back. Dad burnit them folkes still ain't confessed yet to any cheating.

Two diffent things...the Temple kid played only at the end of yearand at the end of games......his dad was a coach on the team..The SM kid was a started.....

just like i have said 4 nearly 3 years now.SM has cheated and tried to take the easy road 2 the state championship.No program can win the state in its 2nd year of varsity football.it takes building a program from the bottom up.if they used only their homegrown players that would b one thing but they bring n players every year from georgia and surrounding schools in the Chattanooga area.I know of SEVERAL players that their families have been given a place to live on the mountain where their children can set out a year then play 4 em.it is always the bestter players that move there and that throw up a RED FLAG 2 the TSSAA so what do they expect?they win the class A state and should have moved up to 3A but went on up 2 the weaker 4A 2 bypass Alcoa and the like.they knew they could not win it there and cant where they are at now either after the TSSAA gets finished with them, as i have said all along and everybory else knows.......MONEY TALKS and Signal has bundles of that........THE BEST TEAM THAT MONEY CAN BUY.......I am proud 2 be a PIRATE with our HOMEGROWN TALENT..........

• Upvote 1

With everything that has been going on at Signal; such as the fight, the distasteful sign such as the one in picture on NFP and now illegal players; I think the person who is in control should pay. That would be Price.

i missed the picture in the paper what was it if you can say. those SM people think they can get away with everthing. fight and illegal palyers campus drinking someone needs to take control of the problems. what's the AD doing??

I tried to tell you Signal people that Childress man was not going to tolerate any more cheating after he found those Perry County boys cheating last week. He only took away three wins from those Perry County boys and he took away six wins from that Price man. I told you at the start of the season that McClendon boy was not listed in my Murphy Fair book and Murphy sent me a memo for boys that needed to be added after the season started and he was not listed. If he is not in my Murphy Fair book , that meant he was not eligible and that Price man should have known this. I garuntee you that Childress man has been talking to that Carter man and he doubled the wins that were taking away. If he catches this Price man cheating again, he might make him leave the school. You think im joking but im not.

Two diffent things...the Temple kid played only at the end of yearand at the end of games......his dad was a coach on the team..The SM kid was a started.....

Actually, your facts are incomplete. They had more than one issue. That's why thy got busted and on probation like Grace Christian.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this, thought it may be of interest to some:

The Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association’s Board of Control voted Friday morning to deny Signal Mountain High School’s appeal of an earlier ruling that forced the football team to vacate six wins.

The majority decision verdict upheld the TSSAA’s Oct. 7 ruling that Eagles senior linebacker and running back Tim McClendon was ineligible. It was determined by a TSSAA investigation that Signal Mountain did not properly fill out the paper work to allow McClendon to be eligible. McClendon, who transferred from Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe, does not live in Signal Mountain’s school zone.

Signal Mountain’s appeal lasted nearly three hours Thursday, led by attorney Clancy Covert who interviewed McClendon, McClendon’s mother, Signal head coach Bill Price, athletic director Patty Lane, Hamilton County school board member Chip Baker and assistant coach Shane Roberson — who has been McClendon’s mentor since middle school. Principal Dr. Tom McCullough also spoke on behalf of the school.

The board then held a closed-door meeting to discuss the issue for nearly five hours before deciding to delay its vote until Friday morning.

:idea:

assistant coach Shane Roberson — who has been McClendon’s mentor since middle school.

I read that he has played for 4 different highschools in 4 years.I did not know you could change schools every year and still be eligible to play highschool sports.i was wrong there but this Roberson guy has been allowed to coach at all these schools also.what was it a PACKAGE DEAL?I will not come play unless my assistant coach comes along with me,or My PLAYER will go somewhere else unless I am put on the staff???Is this a paying Gig for Roberson? or Volunteer?If volunteer I could live with it but if he is getting a check then i smell something very FISHY!

assistant coach Shane Roberson — who has been McClendon’s mentor since middle school.

I read that he has played for 4 different highschools in 4 years.I did not know you could change schools every year and still be eligible to play highschool sports.i was wrong there but this Roberson guy has been allowed to coach at all these schools also.what was it a PACKAGE DEAL?I will not come play unless my assistant coach comes along with me,or My PLAYER will go somewhere else unless I am put on the staff???Is this a paying Gig for Roberson? or Volunteer?If volunteer I could live with it but if he is getting a check then i smell something very FISHY!