TSSAA strips Signal Mountain of its six wins

signalfire

You do not know your fact, Temple got caught with letting a 9th grader take snaps after Temple was ahead by 30 or more and taking a knee at the end of a game and his Father was a coach ,but he was behind on his Tuition , that is why Temple got in trouble .However I am not saying SM did nothing wrong what I am saying it was spearheaded by Hargis by calling the TSSAA just befriend Ronnie Carter he will tell you that why Temple punishment wasn't that bad because Carter knew what Hargis was doing , Hopefully Childress will figure out that also. I just hate it for the kids not just SM but also SP that we can not leave this crap on the field and let our talent speak for itself .

Temple got in enough trouble that they had send all the trophies back to the TSSAA for Football and I think basketball as well. You must have been in the 6th grade when that stuff at Temple went down. As far as your axe with Hargis, he is a newspaper man and writes stories for a living. It was headline news.

Arts and Science's Dragoo could explain the Temple situation better, with CSAS-enrolled students carrying their Temple football helmets on the way to an afterschool practice. There was also the eventual starting quarterback practicing in North Georgia then later switching schools. It wasn't just a backup getting late playing time.

On to the current situation, here's the new article.

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/oct/08/signal-mountain-high-school-football-team-stripped/?sportspreps

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/oct/08/polk-shades-signal/?sportspreps

Also some things in the Polk game article.

Edited by Indian

Hard to really talk about it right now, but I can't sleep, so I guess I will just ramble on here for a while. Who knows, I might even get banned before it's over, but what the heck. Don't matter any more.

Regarding Tim's eligibility. And, yes, I believe it is okay to use his name here since it has already been smeared all over the front page of the paper and all of the local TV stations. You hosers will have a hard time finding a more compassionate, soft spoken, respectful young man. He is absolutely devastated by all of this. Although none of his friends and teamates blame him in any way for what has transpired, he personally feels responsible for the merciless persecution dealt by Mr. Childress.

myspace-marilyn-manson-graphic.jpg

The whole issue of his eligibility revolves around the T$$AA's definition of "Territory"

Territory
– For a public school, the “territory†of the school is the geographic boundaries and bus routes of the area served by that school
as established by the local board of education
. For a system-wide public school, the “territory†of the school is the geographic boundaries of the school system. For a non-public school, the “territory†of the school is the area within a twenty (20) mile radius from the school.

For personal and private reasons, upon which I will not elaborate, Tim was given a hardship waiver by the Hamilton County Board of Education to attend Signal Mountain High School, rather than Ooltewah (which was the "paired school" for Brainerd High School). On the transfer form submitted to T$$AA, his residence was listed correctly. No one "lied" on the paperwork as some have alleged. Based upon the HCPOE's ruling, I can only assume our coaches believed his residence would be considered "within the territory" of Signal Mountain High School. The T$$AA reviewed the information which was submitted and apparantly determined him to be eligible.

In a county with I believe 17 high schools, numerous special programs and curriculums, magnet, and vocational programs, the lines of school "zones" and "geographic boundaries" are often blurred. Students from all over the county are scattered among the schools for numerous reasons. The passage of the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 has just blurred the boundaries even further, as I believe 7 of our high schools were considered "high priority"

A compassionate human being would hope that the review of his eligibility would have taken into account the intent of the involved parties and the ambiguities raised by an outdated definition of "Territory". Tim was not recruited. He wanted to attend Signal, he applied to the HCBOE, and they approved his enrollment. He wanted to play football, his information was submitted to the T$$AA, and they said he was eligible.

It is a travesty that a disagreement over semantics has been used by adults to "punish Signal Mountain" and "send a message to athletic programs around the state". The only thing that has been accomplished is to utterly devastate the dreams of many fine young athletes, who poor their heart and souls out for their families, friends, school, and community every Friday night and countless hours throughout the year.

We should ALL be ashamed of ourselves. Our children deserve better, and they deserve our apology. But that won't happen because we are all too petty and self centered.

Definition of ALL: Every adult parent, coach, educator, administrator, T$$AA representative, HCBOE representative, and everybody that has posted on this thread.

Einstein.jpg

Is this the same kid that was at Cleveland with Slaughter? Then went to LFO? Now Signal? Did he need a hardship to go to those other schools? Why Signal? What was wrong with staying at LFO? Going to Ooltewah, East Hamilton, Brainerd? You're blaming others for the sins of the coaches, administration AND the kid and his parents. All these people knew where the kid lived. Can anyone get this hardship to go to any school, regardless of where they live? This whole deal is being twisted into a conspiracy by Signal Mountain fans, parents, etc. It's not. All these people knew what was going on and they actively did it to gain a game changing player.

Signal had kids last year that didn't live in Signals zone. #1 for Signal lived on Highway 58??? This isn't the first time Signal has done this. Signal fans need to wake up. You are selling your soul for wins. You turn a blind eye to what is going on in your program. Fans on CoachT and around Chattanooga/Southeast Tennessee have been saying that Signal was cheating, recruiting etc. for almost 3 years now. Now all the allegations have come to fruition and NOBODY feels sorry for you guys. You've had it coming for a while. The truth shall set you free.

Is this the same kid that was at Cleveland with Slaughter? Then went to LFO? Now Signal? Did he need a hardship to go to those other schools? Why Signal? What was wrong with staying at LFO? Going to Ooltewah, East Hamilton, Brainerd? You're blaming others for the sins of the coaches, administration AND the kid and his parents. All these people knew where the kid lived. Can anyone get this hardship to go to any school, regardless of where they live? This whole deal is being twisted into a conspiracy by Signal Mountain fans, parents, etc. It's not. All these people knew what was going on and they actively did it to gain a game changing player.

Signal had kids last year that didn't live in Signals zone. #1 for Signal lived on Highway 58??? This isn't the first time Signal has done this. Signal fans need to wake up. You are selling your soul for wins. You turn a blind eye to what is going on in your program. Fans on CoachT and around Chattanooga/Southeast Tennessee have been saying that Signal was cheating, recruiting etc. for almost 3 years now. Now all the allegations have come to fruition and NOBODY feels sorry for you guys. You've had it coming for a while. The truth shall set you free.

Very good post!

I see Stephin Hargis is at it again, using his power to go after anyone who beat the heck out of his beloved South Pitts.This is the same person who called the TSSAA on Temple, after Temple beat the snot out of them. I say Fire Him.The paper is suppose to speak the truth and not try to hurt these kids. Good job Stephon people will figure you out.

just read the signal hump local paper it's done so you don't have to use rose colored glasses. sorry that reading the turth hurts.

just read the signal hump local paper it's done so you don't have to use rose colored glasses. sorry that reading the turth hurts.

i am not gonna get on here and bash anyone i hate it, i really do . i am a die hard greeneville greene devil fan and i was hoping to see these two meet on the field , i dont feel it was intentional someone just made a bad mistake. i got to meet some of the signal mt. fans last year before our g-devils played those thugs from memphis and i was impressed by the people they loved being there in just such a short time of the school being built. you guys will regroup and be there next year - this will only make you all better down the road , maybe next year our paths will cross i feel if you are gonna be a state champ u need to play the best and this year greeneville has proven that we can play with anyone . good luck to u guys in the future .

you have said it all biscuit man. AMEN from the chior. TSSAA might starting looking at other too. better have TSSAA do road blocks at the foot of the MNT.

you have said it all biscuit man. AMEN from the chior. TSSAA might starting looking at other too. better have TSSAA do road blocks at the foot of the MNT.

Don't believe it is the same kid, but I might be wrong. The circumstances surrounding his approval to attend Signal really are not sinister, but they are personal and should remain private. If yall have any compassion at all, you will drop the issue of his waiver. It is moot to the discussion of his eligibility anyway. He was ruled ineligible based upon past athletic participation and the "territory" of his residence.

You guys obviously don't understand the T$$AA eligibility guidelines any better than Signal's administration.:roflolk:

Where a student/athlete lives only matters for "transfer students", and then, only if they have participated in athletics during the previous one year.

Numerous kids in Hamilton County are lawfully enrolled in schools that are outside of the zone of their residence. These students are eligible by T$$AA guidelines to participate in athletics. Except, new transfers are ineligible for 365 days from the date they last participated in athletics at their previous school. These otherwise ineligible student/athletes can possibly be ruled eligible based upon the "bonafide change of residence" and "territory" rules.

So yes, there are probably kids at most school in the county, who don't live in that school's zone, but are fully eligible to participate in T$$AA sanctioned sports.