TSSAA strips Signal Mountain of its six wins

signalfire

He was vital to our success, and we will get mercy ruled by CCS and the team whose AD filed the complaint.:twisted:

Troll, I garuntee you that Price man should have listened to me last week. That Childress man took it easy on those Perry county boys, but I knew the next team he caught cheating he would lay it to them. He take away twice as many wins from that Price man and fined him 700 dollars.

Troll who actually filed the complaint against yall ?

Lets talk about this. Per Mr. Childress's letter "Our staff received several questions about the student-athlete's eligibility from Principals and Athletic Directors during Administrators' Meetings in the Hamilton County area. Each individual stated that the family was not living in the Signal Mountain High School zone and there had been no bona fide change of residence that justified a change of schools. After receiving so many questions, we were obligated to check into the situation in hopes of proving that the information submitted did justify a change of schools to Signal Mountain High School."

Now these meetings were held on Sep 22nd. SM received a call from the TSSAA on Oct 5th saying they were sending people down the following day and they wouldn't tell them what they were coming for. They said they would discuss when they got there. So it took from Sep 22nd to Oct 6th to find out we were being investigated. During this time we played two games. If they knew they were going to investigate based on the meetings on Sep 22nd, which he said he was obligated to do, why didn't they notify the school immediately so the player in question could of been held out?

Just another conspiracy theory :roflolk:

Maybe this will push Troll to his anger phase. :roflol:

Edited by smeagle1

I feel bad for the players who have to suffer because of an idiotic mistake by the people in charge. I know you have to punish the team, but I believe the other kids who have worked hard all season deserves better. If Signal Mountain does not make the playoffs then this will have to be how the season ends for the seniors who some will probably never get to play football again...like I said the kids deserve better...

Edited by swanson71

I feel bad for the players who have to suffer because of an idiotic mistake by the people in charge. I know you have to punish the team, but I believe the other kids who have worked hard all season deserves better. If Signal Mountain does not make the playoffs then this will have to be how the season ends for the seniors who some will probably never get to play football again...like I said the kids deserve better...

that's right those kids deserve smarter leaders.

that's right those kids deserve smarter leaders.

Had an interesting thought - everyone knows how lawyers are - I'm thinking somebody from SM, with a kid on the team, sues the bejesus out of the admin for 'poorly made decisions that adversely affected such-and-such child's college career" - real or imagined.

Bets?

:unsure: