Greeneville vs. Chuckey Doak

I agree with everything you said.

I wouldn’t let them score too many with their first string against my 2nd, but I wouldn’t mind my 2nd string getting some work against their 1st.

Exactly! If they score twice on my 2nd, then my 1st would be back in. However, most coaches after scoring one would go ahead and put the 2nd O in the next possession.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to be back on here...have had some family ailments last week or so, so making the trip to the GAP to see what we all knew would happen just didnt seem feesable to me. But I am looking forward to getting back to Burley. As far as this one goes, I dont think I can add anything to what has already been said thus far in this thread. I will say best of luck to CDHS and GHS both. I will obviously be pulling for a Greene Devil romp, but would love to just see everyone come out of this game injury free....Everyone remember to wear some Pink friday night...it wont be a blow to your manhood I promise....LOL....My wife's a breast cancer survivor so breast cancer awareness is something our family takes seriously...GO DEVILS, see you all at Burley Friday night...GO DEVILS.

Coach Murphey is a class act with a great group of young men this year. They will give the Devils a better game than most anticipate. It has been great to see this program grow over the last few years. The kids are buying in to the program and they are starting to understand the importance of the weight room and conditioning and are making it happen however they can, even though they don't have near the facilities of GHS. The Knights are focused on the goal of going deep into the 3A playoffs and playing Greeneville can only make them better. Just hoping for a cleanly and fairly played and called game.

Just two years ago, my family members from the Afton area were ready for Murphy to be canned, now they are calling him a legend. I think he finally has an assistant coach that can help him get some things done. Bobby Bowden once said,"A head coach is only as good as his assistants!" I truly agree with him.

Just two years ago, my family members from the Afton area were ready for Murphy to be canned, now they are calling him a legend. I think he finally has an assistant coach that can help him get some things done. Bobby Bowden once said,"A head coach is only as good as his assistants!" I truly agree with him.

In high school sometimes, they are only as good as the talent they have. And Chuckey Doak has been blessed with some better than average talent in this Senior class. I do think some of the assistants have helped too.

I'm sure Aaron has been a huge help for Murphy, but where did he play college football?

I think he walked on at Tennessee for a semester, then transferred to Tusculum for spring practice. I'm going on hearsay on this, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by hearsay

If my memory serves me correctly WG charged for our buses to park last time GHS visited the range. That might have something to do with the devils stepping off of the bus sweating, or maybe Ballard just wanted to be fashionably late; since it appears hes interested in such matters these days...that's right, I'm referring to the reintroduction of black to our uniforms. :thumb: With that being said, if we win a consecutive state title this season may we please return to our traditional kelly green? As opposed to our recently adopted, darker, AC Reynolds Rocket green? Please?

Nothing would make me happier than to see the T$$AA return to a 5 classification system, except to maybe see them go to 3 classes. Wat say you coacht brethren? 3 champions=increase in competitiveness top to bottom state wide? or creates class war-fare by further separating the elite from the basement dwellers???