Humboldt travels to Trenton.

JungleJim125

Humboldt had a couple of mishaps in the first half two fumbles in which they lost and gave up two deep balls that lead to trentons 14 pts. BUT in the second half Humboldt proved why they are the best team in District 14A they came out and drove the ball down trentons throat and made them like it! they mixed in some good key passes and the o line whipped trenton up front! the vikings take on LC next week in the Boldt, should be a good one!

Edited by Overthetop

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fumbles were just simply trying to do to much! Fighting for extra yardage cause both fumbles. Long TD passes poor piss coverage. If the Viking dont start playing four quarters of football. They will not last very long! They best step it up a notch!

Well, I guess it's a good sign that they can come back from a poor half & turn it up a notch! Looks like the defense stepped up the second half & corrected some of those missed coverages. Humboldt just needs to correct the seconday issues & like you said, "play four quarters" but they still won by 21 points. I was glad to hear that they threw some passes because they need a passing attack to keep the defenses honest & not stacking the line to stop the run. If, the coaches continue to spread the field, use different players, & utilize the pass, Humboldt will have a change to make a run into the playoffs. Seems like the defense has had a few break downs during some games but still haven't given up more than 15 points all season. hopefully, Humboldt will continue to improve the next couple of weeks!!!!

Well, I guess it's a good sign that they can come back from a poor half & turn it up a notch! Looks like the defense stepped up the second half & corrected some of those missed coverages. Humboldt just needs to correct the seconday issues & like you said, "play four quarters" but they still won by 21 points. I was glad to hear that they threw some passes because they need a passing attack to keep the defenses honest & not stacking the line to stop the run. If, the coaches continue to spread the field, use different players, & utilize the pass, Humboldt will have a change to make a run into the playoffs. Seems like the defense has had a few break downs during some games but still haven't given up more than 15 points all season. hopefully, Humboldt will continue to improve the next couple of weeks!!!!

Seconadary issues...missed coverages...hmmm..Lake Co has about 3 receivers that can catch the ball .Coach B hasnt thrown to one or two of them and also hasnt trhrown to any of the backs out of the backfield either.Could he have been looking at this game all along?Sometimes it's a game about matchups as well.I'm thinking Humboldt will have to run the ball and hopefully the defensive backs of Lake Co doesnt let any long passes.I believe this could be a big game.If Lake Co wins and South Fulton were to beat Union City ,that would give LC the district championship as long as the Falcons don't lay an egg against Halls.If Humboldt wins and Union City wins ,that should give the Tornadoes the #2 seed since UC will have only one loss and Lake Co, would have 2.If Lake Co loses,Trenton wins and Union City loses,I'm guessing a 4 way tie for the #2 seed as Lake Co.,Trenton,South Fulton and Union City would have have 2 district losses. I would think best overall record which would favor Lake Co..So still a lot can happen.Lake Co just needs a win and let things fall as they may.

Edited by mrbigster