Signal Mountain to appeal

Rabble Rouser

barb, since you have been the all knowing one about the on-line forms you might want to read today's article. Here is the link. SM to Appeal

And for those of you that were wondering, the hearing is an open hearing. Nothing like a little sunshine on a cloudy day. :roflolk:

Also since rlh wanted to hang his hat on the participation in spring practice last year. He did participate but he only participated in 1 day of practice and played in the spring game. I think the TSSAA handbook has a defined number of days. :roflolk:

I'm not going to say SM wins because we all know that the TSSAA makes up their own rules. But I do feel pretty good about this. :thumb:

TSSAA rules are approved by the State Department of Education...they are available online 24 hrs a day along with detailed instructions via powerpoint and TSSAA has already verifed the spring practice wit LFO so that one is decided.

Let's see... 8 rooms at the Doubletree at $130 a night + a meeting room with refreshmets at $150, + fuel and mileage at .51 per mile(per IRS rates), + Steak dnner on Thursday night @ The Chophouse for 8(9 if you include Childress), breakfast and lunch...plus the cost of travel for the SM contingent: Student plus his momma, AD, McCullough and Price who need extra space in the vehicle for their egos, attorneys and their big fat fees...hmmm Troll, this could get pricey :hungry:

That comes out to about the price of a cheap funeral.

Should be 7. There are 9 Board Members but I believe one is vacant and Layne reused himself.

I think Coach Layne recusing himself was a good idea. I also believe Coach had nothing to do with it. If you think about it Sale Creek or Ooltewah would have the most to gain because those are the two NCLB alternatives. I really don't know why a hardship was granted. It seems to me that it would be a hardship for the kid to get to Signal, when there is a bus that picks kids up at Brainerd and takes them to Ooltewah. Brainerd will go to 3A at end of this year with about 550 kids on roster, and may go 2A the next year if trend continues. I know we did not turn them in, our middle schools seems to be the feeder for just about every school in HC. Maybe LFO? I just hate it for the kid. Things are about to change though.

I think Coach Layne recusing himself was a good idea. I also believe Coach had nothing to do with it. If you think about it Sale Creek or Ooltewah would have the most to gain because those are the two NCLB alternatives. I really don't know why a hardship was granted. It seems to me that it would be a hardship for the kid to get to Signal, when there is a bus that picks kids up at Brainerd and takes them to Ooltewah. Brainerd will go to 3A at end of this year with about 550 kids on roster, and may go 2A the next year if trend continues. I know we did not turn them in, our middle schools seems to be the feeder for just about every school in HC. Maybe LFO? I just hate it for the kid. Things are about to change though.

I don't know if Layne turned us in but I do know he new more than he alluded too last week.

Last week he said "There are rumors out there that Sequatchie County turned them in. We did not," Layne said. "The first I heard about it was a comment from [TSSAA executive director] Bernard Childress at the administrators' meeting on Sept. 22."

Today it is "All the involvement I had was to speak with Mr. Childress about what I had heard."

I agree either way this goes things are about to change.

Of course Signal's high-priced attorneys and PR team have put a fictional spin on all of this. The student couldn't pass Georgia's Gateway test? Talk to ANY high school teacher in Georgia. They'll tell you. It's almost IMPOSSIBLE to fail. And if you do, they will keep giving it to you until you graduate.

The Signal spin is total, complete fiction. But then again, that's consistent with the way they run their football program. Deception, lies and poor sportsmanship.

Of course Signal's high-priced attorneys and PR team have put a fictional spin on all of this. The student couldn't pass Georgia's Gateway test? Talk to ANY high school teacher in Georgia. They'll tell you. It's almost IMPOSSIBLE to fail. And if you do, they will keep giving it to you until you graduate.

The Signal spin is total, complete fiction. But then again, that's consistent with the way they run their football program. Deception, lies and poor sportsmanship.

There were no high-priced attorneys that attended the meeting today on Signal's behalf. Everyone that went to meeting today did so on their own time and at their own expense. Keep talking if it makes you feel better.

• Upvote 1

Wow in a few hours you have now become an expert on the Georgia's Gateway test. You're simply a moron.

And talk about lies I'm not sure there has been any truth in any of your post. You might be the biggest hypocrite on coachT, well right now it's a toss up between you and one other.

I don't know if Layne turned us in but I do know he new more than he alluded too last week.

Last week he said "There are rumors out there that Sequatchie County turned them in. We did not," Layne said. "The first I heard about it was a comment from [TSSAA executive director] Bernard Childress at the administrators' meeting on Sept. 22."

Today it is "All the involvement I had was to speak with Mr. Childress about what I had heard."

I agree either way this goes things are about to change.

I think alot of people heard this and that, we did at Brainerd, does not mean anybody turned anything in. Heck I like Bill. Kid wants to go play for him let him go, just don't send him back when he turns into a turd. We get a lot of that too. Keep the ones that can hack it and send the ones that can't back, to me that seems to defeat the whole NCLB purpose. Seems like the kid in question was doing well at Signal, good for him. I just know Brainerd is a lot better school than when I got there 2 1/2 years ago. Maybe decreasing the numbers is working. We have just got to work harder at keeping kids like the McClendon kid at Brainerd. I have always said if you try to recruit the HS halls you are too late. It starts when they are in elementary school through Middle school.