1A Playoff Standings

MOTO24

Yes, it would make sense to send a weaker team to quad 3 and leave Huntingdon in quad 4. However, it would go against every guideline the TSSAA has set. The six teams are grouped geographically into quads WITHOUT no regard to district standings or overall records. Once the six teams are grouped then the district standings and records come into play for seeding purposes. That is the only time that records/district standings are said to matter in regards to to the TSSAA guidelines.

That post was called "sarcasm" in that I would think Huntingdon would want to play in quad 4 and go against WC/PC/JB winner in the semi-final. Then again, maybe Huntingdon wants to play them all and knock them out early and have a muffin in the semifinal game.

P.S.: This is still sarcasm.

Bigster you should talk to the TSSAA about moving Lake Co. to District 12 in Basketball, im guessing you'd do alot more crying then as well. :roflolk:

We're not talking about State Championships when Moses was walking around.Or in the Rhodes or Haston days.PC had a very good team last year and is going to be a power this year.Do you think yall are the best team in that district this year.Anyone better than yall.This year?Not lasr year with Summertown.Like I said,Go back two years ago and probably for the past 6 or 7 years before that the district 12 teams wouldn't have stood a chance.I watched Union City that year against a team that wouldnt have made it and saw other teams there also.Manassas and Union City were the best two.And Humboldt and Lake Co were better than just about all of them.Years before that it was Middleton winning that beat Lake Co in over time.They won the Stste.Then Humboldt went and lost a big lead a few years ago.Those years,had I cried to the TSSAA,we would have had Humboldt,Lake Co and Union City.Move us in there this year and I'd say Lake Co., Perry Co,Union City and Humboldt.But PC will be there.Nobody I see that will challenge them on that end.Come on over and play Humboldt and Lake Co.One of us probably won't be there but the one that will,will give PC and any other District 12 team all they want.I'd be willing to bet District 14 has 2 top 5 preseason ranked teams and another in the top 10.

We're not talking about State Championships when Moses was walking around.Or in the Rhodes or Haston days.PC had a very good team last year and is going to be a power this year.Do you think yall are the best team in that district this year.Anyone better than yall.This year?Not lasr year with Summertown.Like I said,Go back two years ago and probably for the past 6 or 7 years before that the district 12 teams wouldn't have stood a chance.I watched Union City that year against a team that wouldnt have made it and saw other teams there also.Manassas and Union City were the best two.And Humboldt and Lake Co were better than just about all of them.Years before that it was Middleton winning that beat Lake Co in over time.They won the Stste.Then Humboldt went and lost a big lead a few years ago.Those years,had I cried to the TSSAA,we would have had Humboldt,Lake Co and Union City.Move us in there this year and I'd say Lake Co., Perry Co,Union City and Humboldt.But PC will be there.Nobody I see that will challenge them on that end.Come on over and play Humboldt and Lake Co.One of us probably won't be there but the one that will,will give PC and any other District 12 team all they want.I'd be willing to bet District 14 has 2 top 5 preseason ranked teams and another in the top 10.

Bigster I have a question for you. How is it that a kid that hadn't played on the Lake County team all during the season some how is able to start playing during the tournaments last year? Did he not move back to LC during the middle of the school year?

Bigster I have a question for you. How is it that a kid that hadn't played on the Lake County team all during the season some how is able to start playing during the tournaments last year? Did he not move back to LC during the middle of the school year?

I think you guys are on the wrong boards. This is a football board. :mrgreen:

Stang.You and Falcon Nation may as well give up.Most everyone would think the TSSAA would maybe take the top 4 seeds and spread them out but not realizing the TSSAA is supposedely going by geographically regions.Wonder what they'd think if Huntingdon,Lake Co and Union City were ranked in the top 4 in the State.Wonder if the Middle Tenn people would want us to go to their Quad then?I'm sure West Tenn didnt want PC in their quad last year either but Lake Co was in there with them and Huntingdon.Who is to say Quad 4 is the weakest region.I dont think any of those teams have played any of these teams other than Wayne Co playing UC and that was when Union city didnt have their quarterback.Humboldt played Jo Byrnes and we saw what happened there.Lake Co lost to Humboldt but was also a couple plays from being unbeaten before that Humbold game.And the game was a lot closer than the score.If Huntingdon is moved to Quad 4,they will be favored but who knows.An injury could happen and just have to play it out.I would just about bet if Huntingdon were to have an injury to their quarterback,the people in Quad 3 wouldnt be complaning then,If you want to be the champion,dont worry about who you'll play.If you're the best it will show.Same as in basketball.I remember about 5 years ago,Lake Co.,Humboldt and Union City were all in the top 5 in the State.All of us in the same district.Why should they keep the top 3 teams in basketball.Why not spread us out.Lake Co could make the Stste tournament a lot of times if they were in the Middle Tenn brackets in past years.Just like last year.Humboldt was one of the top teams in the State and was sitting at home.Humboldt would have beaten half or any of the teams there.Maybe even been the team to play Lake Co for the State Championship.I went several years ago to watch an undefeated Union City team beat Manassa for the State title.Lake Co lost to Union City at the buzzer practically twice that year.I watched Union City play Moore Co and Lake Co would have beaten them by 20 points.But Lake Co was home.Maybe we need to start complaining to the TSSAA about that.Spread us out in basketball too.Why load up all the top teams in one region.I'd be willing to travel to Middle Tenn if Lake Co could stay away from Humboldt and Union City.But they have to battle Humboldt and Union City.Dont worry about it and play.

it didnt matter who uc had playing qb short of tom brady wayne county could have hung 60 plus on them if rice was that kind of coach

That post was called "sarcasm" in that I would think Huntingdon would want to play in quad 4 and go against WC/PC/JB winner in the semi-final. Then again, maybe Huntingdon wants to play them all and knock them out early and have a muffin in the semifinal game.

P.S.: This is still sarcasm.

I can honestly say that is exactly what I have been thinking.

I can honestly say that is exactly what I have been thinking.

I dont care what Quad Huntingdon goes in talk is cheap. Nobody over this side of the river is scared of it. If Huntingdon wants to win their quad they better hope they don't get in quad 3 because they wont make it out there. Mark that down you don't have to like it but its just the way it is Huntingdon couldn't beat WC or PC ether one. popcorneater.gif

I dont care what Quad Huntingdon goes in talk is cheap. Nobody over this side of the river is scared of it. If Huntingdon wants to win their quad they better hope they don't get in quad 3 because they wont make it out there. Mark that down you don't have to like it but its just the way it is Huntingdon couldn't beat WC or PC ether one. popcorneater.gif

Yeah, with quality wins over Forrest and Loretto I can see why PC would be so confident. :rolleyes: Speeds coming your way popcorn eater.

:roflol:

:roflol: