Bradley Central at Cleveland

Preacher210

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another interesting sidebar to this game could be the focus of each schools quarterbacks. What most people don't know is Bradley Central's Bryce Copeland and Cleveland's Chad Voytik have grown up together, played baseball and basketball together and played football together until each went their own way. Friends off the field but fierce rivals and competitors between the lines. Chad has had to deal with all the hype of being a top national recruit that seems almost as a distraction for him personally and has earned a scholarship to the University of Pittsburgh. However, Bryce has done nothing but help lead the Bears to wins and to the playoffs. Also,, Bryce was awarded the top quarterback award for district 5-AAA for the 2010 season and by the way he has been playing this season, may very well win the same award again. Chad and his Cleveland team of 2010 was able to defeat the Bears 33-18 at Bradley while the Bears won in overtime at Raider field in 2009. Each gunslinger has one victory over the other but Friday night will be the tie breaker of the series between perhaps the two best quarterbacks to ever play in Bradley county at the same time. Bradley and Cleveland fans have been blessed with such fine talent.

I coached one of these fine QB's in rec league football and know the other from coaching against him and at church. I will tell you that they are both even better young men than they are football players (and they are elite FB players).

Edited by bradley86

Another interesting sidebar to this game could be the focus of each schools quarterbacks. What most people don't know is Bradley Central's Bryce Copeland and Cleveland's Chad Voytik have grown up together, played baseball and basketball together and played football together until each went their own way. Friends off the field but fierce rivals and competitors between the lines. Chad has had to deal with all the hype of being a top national recruit that seems almost as a distraction for him personally and has earned a scholarship to the University of Pittsburgh. However, Bryce has done nothing but help lead the Bears to wins and to the playoffs. Also,, Bryce was awarded the top quarterback award for district 5-AAA for the 2010 season and by the way he has been playing this season, may very well win the same award again. Chad and his Cleveland team of 2010 was able to defeat the Bears 33-18 at Bradley while the Bears won in overtime at Raider field in 2009. Each gunslinger has one victory over the other but Friday night will be the tie breaker of the series between perhaps the two best quarterbacks to ever play in Bradley county at the same time. Bradley and Cleveland fans have been blessed with such fine talent.

nice post . both teams should show case the tallent that is in the bradley/cleveland aera.good luck too both teams for a safe and injury free game.

I coached one of these fine QB's in rec league football and know the other from coaching against him and at church. I will tell you that they are both even better young men than they are football players (and they are elite FB players).

They are both very fine men and will be successful in whatever they do! I know both of them very well and know they will both have their game faces on for Friday! Go Bears!

Oddly enough, with the game being televised a betting line has been established on this game.

Right now Bradley is favored by 21... that sounds a bit extreme to me. Over/Under = 49.5

21?????? LOL I am as much of a Bradley fan as anyone, (I would like to hang 70+ on Cleveland just for payback one time :D ) but I don't think it's gonna happen.

Cleveland still has good athletes no matter what the record may show. And they will bring their best game of the season out for show. While if things go really well, Bradley could win by that much, I would never put money on that. Heck I would think 10 is big for this game. 6 or 7 is a lot more realistic.

I'll have to disagree with this. I know several people who either live out of town or just don't want to fight the crowd to watch the game who will be watching it on ESPNU.

It's a shame that the game is on ESPNU. Virtually no local folks will see it. There will be more at the game than actually watch it live on the boob tube.