White House @ Smith County

glover

Might need to add a 4th head- the fullbacks - two good hard nosed backs who can run and good receivers out of the backfield :thumb:

I was on to Macon County a few weeks ago wondering why they didn't throw more. With Smith County I feel they almost throw too much sometimes. They do have basically 3 running backs in the backfield and 3 good ones at that. With the exception of Gordonsville I believe they could have went without throwing a pass this year and still be undefeated.

Edited by swanson71

I was on to Macon County a few weeks ago wondering why they didn't throw more. With Smith County I feel they almost throw too much sometimes. They do have basically 3 running backs in the backfield and 3 good ones at that. With the exception of Gordonsville I believe they could have went without throwing a pass this year and still be undefeated.

While I agree with your statement, I like how they are trying to avoid being one demensional and trying to be more multiple to confuse defenses

Maybe you should change your moniker to cockroach since your mind is obviously in the gutter. Since I live just above the grate, I'll jump in there with you and just say that it was your wife AND sister that told me that. This better stop here and now or we'll both get punished by the ADMINISTRATOR!:angry:

UH OH!!! :o You better be scared Termite!!! :roflol: LMAO

I would agree that the Owls have a great run game. They have three good backs that all contribute and are all vital to the run game. I would have to disagree with the no throwing. SC has boys out on the perimeter, they don't have break away speed, but they can come up with a few good catches here and there. I think one thing that slows the pass and messes with the timing is the consistent run game. Yes the game is great but you have to have the pass to be complete. The coaches realize that and maybe that's why SC throws the ball at times some may think it's not needed.

I would agree that the Owls have a great run game. They have three good backs that all contribute and are all vital to the run game. I would have to disagree with the no throwing. SC has boys out on the perimeter, they don't have break away speed, but they can come up with a few good catches here and there. I think one thing that slows the pass and messes with the timing is the consistent run game. Yes the game is great but you have to have the pass to be complete. The coaches realize that and maybe that's why SC throws the ball at times some may think it's not needed.

I wasn't saying that they shouldn't be throwing. I meant that they really haven't had to throw to be able to win, and at sometimes this year they've gotten themselves in trouble trying to throw the ball at times. Like the game against Macon County and that little turnover right before halftime...

Guest Termite

Man, I would have thought them WH folks would be kinda fired up. They ain't got much to say. If I didn't know any better, I would think they may be a little, maybe just a tiny bit........skeered.:lol:

Maybe it's just the quit before the storm...........

Man, I would have thought them WH folks would be kinda fired up. They ain't got much to say. If I didn't know any better, I would think they may be a little, maybe just a tiny bit........skeered.:lol:

Maybe it's just the quit before the storm...........

Cold, rainy and breezy in Carthage this AM. I would think a wet field would help the Owls due to their run game. Can't really tell though - could be an equal factor for the Devils. :?: