1A and 2A State Champ Predictions

Cleggy

Cornbread Capitol will win 1A for the next two years. Humbolt will compete with Cornbread Capitol in 2 years when the Vikings will be reclassify.

Wow, what coinfidence you seem to have. Cornbread Capitol needs to get some of their injured players back or they won't even have a chance to win it this year. Humboldt is down in numbers this much? WOW!

Huntingdon would beat Trousdale Co. by no less than 2 TD's if they were to play. Huntingdon can play with any team 1A-4A. They have proven that. I have seen both TC and Huntingdon play. TC is one of the top 4 2A teams this year but Huntingdon is one of the top 5 best teams in 1A-4A period. They would give many 5A and 6A teams problems but those schools put 11 new guys on the field when they change to a different phase of the game. We little 1A schools have to keep 5 to 7 guys on the field the whole game. The only 3 teams with a chance at the 1A title: Huntingdon, S.P., and P.C. In 2A there are about 6 to 8 teams with a chance: TC, B.B., Humbolt, Hampton, McKenzie, Westwood, Adamsville, and Dresden. I would say the first 4 I mentioned have the best chance though.

Yeah, I'd like to see Huntingdon take on Alcoa or Signal Mtn for that matter, Alcoa gives 6A Maryville a run for their money every year they play head to head and beat them last year and Maryville went on to win 6A. Not so sure they'd beat TC and South Pitt either.

Nobody's really mentioned them that much but if any team gives South Pitt a run for the gold ball I think Wayne Co. will be it. I'm not from there and not a fan but they seem to be winning with ease and look strong. I think South Pitt takes it though in 1A. In 2A I look at TC about like SP and Alcoa, always in it so they're my 2A pick.