Since we are everyones favorite Subject

Chakra20

Week by week

Ezell-Harding

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 East Robertson - Won

2 DCA - Lost

3 York Institute - Lost

4 BGA - Lost

5 Davidson Academy - Lost

6 Christ Pres. Academy - Won

7 Trousdale County - Lost

8 Friendship Christian - Won

9 Gordonsville - Lost

10 Franklin Road Academy - Lost

3-7 1-2 vs publics

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 East Robertson - Lost

2 DCA - Lost

3 York Institute - Lost

4 BGA - Lost

5 Davidson Academy - Lost

6 Christ Pres. Academy - Won

7 Trousdale County - Lost

8 Friendship Christian - Lost

9 Gordonsville - Lost

10 Franklin Road Academy - Lost

1-9 0-2 vs publics

1 Columbia Academy - Lost

2 Friendship Christian - Lost

3 Huntland - Lost

4 Moore County - Lost

5 Gleason - Lost

6 Christ Pres. Academy - Lost

7 BGA - Lost

8 Franklin Road Academy - Lost

9 Lighthouse Christian - Won

10 DCA - Lost

1-9 0-3 vs publics

1 Columbia Academy - Won

2 Friendship Christian - Won

3 Huntland - Lost

4 Moore County - Lost

5 Gleason - Won

6 Christ Pres. Academy - Lost

7 BGA - Lost

8 Franklin Road Academy - Won

9 Lighthouse Christian - Won

10 DCA - Lost

5-5

Play-offs

11 Trousdale County - Lost 1-3 vs publics

1 Columbia Academy - Won

2 Christ Pres. Academy - Lost

3 Davidson Academy - Lost

4 Franklin Road Academy - Won

5 Clarksville Academy - Lost

6 Friendship Christian - Lost

7 Harding Academy - Lost

8 DCA - Lost

9 BGA - Lost

10 Lighthouse Christian - Won

3-7 didnt play any

1 Columbia Academy - Won

3 Davidson Academy - Lost

4 Franklin Road Academy - Lost

5 Clarksville Academy - Lost

7 Harding Academy - Lost

8 DCA - Lost

9 BGA - Lost

2-8 ONCE AGAIN WE DIDNT PLAY ANY

1 Nashville Christian - Won

3 St. Andrews - Won

5 Fairview - Won

6 Friendship Christian - Won

7 Celina - Won

8 DCA - Won

9 Union County - Won

Play-offs

11 Gordonsville - Won

12 Trousdale County - Lost 9-3 4-1 vs publics

1 Nashville Christian - Lost

3 St. Andrews - Won

5 Fairview - Won

7 Celina - Won

8 DCA - Lost

9 Union County - Won

5-5 3-0 vs publics

0 Loretto - Won

1 Upperman - Won

2 Christ Pres. Academy - Won

3 Open -

4 DCA - Won

5 Boyd-Buchanan - Won

6 Nashville Christian - Won

7 Lighthouse Christian - Won

8 Jo Byrns - Won

9 Clarksville Academy - Won

10 Franklin Road Academy - Won

Play-offs

11 Moore County - Won

12 Cascade - Won

13 Collinwood - Won

14 Univ. School Jackson - Won

15 Cloudland - Won 15-0 7-0 vs publics

Overall: Won 44 lost 54

Playoffs: won 6 - lost 2

Regular Season: 38-52

Before last year we had ONE PLAY-OFF WIN SINCE 1993. I mean if you wanted to go back and look at some of the scored of these games they were beatings. Thats is for all the people that say what comes around goeas around to Ezell. Guess what guys this is the come around part of it.

Well you can see our absolut domination whatever we overall have alosing record. We have a great group of athletes goin throw the school right now and it just so happens they play football. People seem to like to bring up the fact the ONLY RECENT HISTORY COUNTS. I would beg to differ. When were losin every game to public schools we didnt complain for the first 15 years we took beatings from them. Let us be good for 3 years since 1993 and boy we are a powerhouse. Give me A break. I hope we score 123789423740983 on Jo Byrns this week. Then we run on the field stomp on their emblem then proceed to llot the town on the way out....

Good Lord people everything doesnt have to be so politcaly correct.

Oh and BTW my favorite thing ive read this weekend. Chrstians shouldnt demoralize people on the field.....

ITS FOOTBALL GUYS COMEON.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chakra...LOL!! I had just finished looking at that on Earl`s website. The thing that stuck out to me more than anything else Chakra is how Ezell has only lost 2 playoff games in 9 years. Now that`s dominating!

(Should I mention that 6 of those years Ezell couldn`t make the playoffs or should we just keep that little tid bit to ourselves? :( )

I hadn't been following Ezell until the last few years. Obviously, those of us not directly connected to the school only started noticing when they got competitive. Since I don't know much about it, what would you say were the major factors in the recent turnaround? Thanks.

...and you EH detractors, don't start with the recruiting junk...I'm not interested. I really want to know from folks who have followed this program for a while.

YOu get good players. And the coach. My senior year we destroyed FRA. They ended up winning the region we were 3-7. We had what you could call a bad experience with coaches from 92-95. We had great assistants in 96 but they left after that year (playoffs) in 97 we had talent but one coach and he wasn't that awesome and couldn't do it by himself.

Our biggest problem was we didn't know how to win. Smith taught these kids how to win. They got lucky and have had 5 stud athletes come through at the same time. Same thing at CPA a couple of years ago. Same thing at East Robertson in the early 90's Trousdale in the mid to late 90's.

heck before last year when Ezell made it the farthest in the playoffs Greenback knocked them out in the quarterfinals.

Posted by RealGoEagles:

YOu get good players. And the coach. My senior year we destroyed FRA. They ended up winning the region we were 3-7. We had what you could call a bad experience with coaches from 92-95. We had great assistants in 96 but they left after that year (playoffs) in 97 we had talent but one coach and he wasn't that awesome and couldn't do it by himself.

Our biggest problem was we didn't know how to win. Smith taught these kids how to win. They got lucky and have had 5 stud athletes come through at the same time. Same thing at CPA a couple of years ago. Same thing at East Robertson in the early 90's Trousdale in the mid to late 90's.

heck before last year when Ezell made it the farthest in the playoffs Greenback knocked them out in the quarterfinals.

Thanks for the info. Great coaches are rare in HS football, and make a huge difference.

Thats it in a nutshell. Its not just the head coach either its all the other guys. Took a 2-8 team and proceeded to to go 9-3 with a second round play-off loss witht he exact same players. They guys that are playin now where freshmen and 8th graders then and it really boolstered their confidence. I will tell you what he installed in them to. They dont think they can get beat. They really beleive it and think they are 4 tds better than anyone they play. It great to see the confidence they display i know i see it every Friday Night.

36-8 at ezell in 4 years. He came the year they went 9-3 and 5-5 the second year 15-0 last year and 7-0 this year. The 5-5 season would have been better but they had a ton of injuries that year. I dont know what his record at Greenbrier was but it was nothing like this.

That does include the last 24 in a row.

[Edited by Chakra20 on 10-14-02 12:51P]

Posted by Chakra20:

36-8 at ezell in 4 years. He came the year they went 9-3 and 5-5 the second year 15-0 last year and 7-0 this year. The 5-5 season would have been better but they had a ton of injuries that year. I dont know what his record at Greenbrier was but it was nothing like this.

That does include the last 24 in a row.

[Edited by Chakra20 on 10-14-02 12:51P]

Chakra,

I don't understand the "24" in a row. The streak should be 22 in a row. You cannot count any of the games from 2000 because the season ended with a loss in the playoffs. (only one team a year doesn't end the season on a loss). Therefore, you have to start the streak at the beginning of the 2001 campaign (15-0) and end it with this years record (7-0) to put the streak at 22.

Now, if you want to say, "I get 24 because I add in the last two games of the 2000 regular season and don't count the playoffs," then you shouldn't count the playoffs from 2001 either.

Not meaning to be harsh or anything, I'm just trying to get the streak correct! It stinks when different records and streaks get all jumbled up because people are measuring them in different ways. (Tiger Woods, grand slam in golf; consecutive game hitting streaks in baseball carrying over from season before; etc.)