Roland Genesy/Millington

dou

Yall Millington Folks slay me :rolleyes:

I am not saying #36 isn't good. I'm saying he isn't a special Talent. He is solid. He's good for you guys but he is not Big-time like Kimbrow, Walton, Robinson, or Dawson. He's good, for Millington, but not a star. T.Holmes was a special player for yall, Genesy is just solid.

Love playing you guys, always a great game. Maybe we will get the chance. I am pulling for all our area teams to get the chance for the gold. You must admit that 36 has not got the attention he deserves though. I was at the game, if he would have had 9 more carries he would have 400 yds. But coach does the right thing by pulling off the dogs. Do you know any stats on Kimbrow vs C-Mont?

How are the other guys special? Explain how they are and Roland isn't ?

I'm glad you asked that question... When you watch the guys I mentioned, whether it is in person or on Film, the stuff that they do jumps out at you! I still remember the First time I saw Sheldon Dawson in a FRESHMAN Game against us. Everytime he touched the pill it was looking like he was going TO BREAK! Walton and Robinson are 2 of the MOST Consistant Big play Backs I've seen (Mind you these 2 are SEC commits for a REASON). heck, I knew Robinson was Special when I first saw his 10th grade film! Walton was Mr. Football runner-up last season and the Starter over Dawson for a reason! That lil Dude is a Special Football player!

Kimbrow!!! There is nothing I can say about him that hasn't been said already! He's getting all this hype because he's is a BIG PLAY Waiting to happen from his own endzone in! He gashed one of the Best Whitehaven Defenses that I had ever seen last season 2010-11(well that was until THIS SEASON, this 2011-'12 Whitehaven D is even more special than the D last year! 6, count 'em, 6 SHUT OUTS :ph34r: )

To sum it up, when I looked at Mr. Genesy's highlights they weren't anything special looking, IMHO. He did nothing that made me say, "WOW, he is a Top notch Shelby Metro RB and needs more love from the Media."

Honestly, I'd Take lil Marcus Holiday from Fairley and/or Mark Dodson from Whitehaven over #36, from what I've seen on film. I haven't seen Wilkins or Miller II run the ball in person or film this season, but it seems that they are just as physical, in terms of size, as Genesy and I think I would have to take those two ahead of #36 as well, just off of hearsay.

No disrespect, but You Millington Fans put him out there for more attention and I'm telling you he's getting what he deserves from what little I've seen of him. If I were to post a TOPIC saying, "THE 2011-12 Whitehaven Defense is the BEST IN THE STATE!" Folks from the Middle and East Tenn would be all over it as well as you guys. Even though they [WHS' D] have the numbers to prove it (6 shut outs and 51 points given up in 9 games) folks would give their honest and contrary opinions about the POST. It is what it is. :thumb:

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

I'm glad you asked that question... When you watch the guys I mentioned, whether it is in person or on Film, the stuff that they do jumps out at you! I still remember the First time I saw Sheldon Dawson in a FRESHMAN Game against us. Everytime he touched the pill it was looking like he was going TO BREAK! Walton and Robinson are 2 of the MOST Consistant Big play Backs I've seen (Mind you these 2 are SEC commits for a REASON). heck, I knew Robinson was Special when I first saw his 10th grade film! Walton was Mr. Football runner-up last season and the Starter over Dawson for a reason! That lil Dude is a Special Football player!

Kimbrow!!! There is nothing I can say about him that hasn't been said already! He's getting all this hype because he's is a BIG PLAY Waiting to happen from his own endzone in! He gashed one of the Best Whitehaven Defenses that I had ever seen last season 2010-11(well that was until THIS SEASON, this 2011-'12 Whitehaven D is even more special than the D last year! 6, count 'em, 6 SHUT OUTS :ph34r: )

To sum it up, when I looked at Mr. Genesy's highlights they weren't anything special looking, IMHO. He did nothing that made me say, "WOW, he is a Top notch Shelby Metro RB and needs more love from the Media."

Honestly, I'd Take lil Marcus Holiday from Fairley and/or Mark Dodson from Whitehaven over #36, from what I've seen on film. I haven't seen Wilkins or Miller II run the ball in person or film this season, but it seems that they are just as physical, in terms of size, as Genesy and I think I would have to take those two ahead of #36 as well, just off of hearsay.

No disrespect, but You Millington Fans put him out there for more attention and I'm telling you he's getting what he deserves from what little I've seen of him. If I were to post a TOPIC saying, "THE 2011-12 Whitehaven Defense is the BEST IN THE STATE!" Folks from the Middle and East Tenn would be all over it as well as you guys. Even though they [WHS' D] have the numbers to prove it (6 shut outs and 51 points given up in 9 games) folks would give their honest and contrary opinions about the POST. It is what it is. :thumb:

Wrong I would agree that you are the best D, but I pay attention . Like you said you have seen very little of 36.

Well all I see from film on Walton, Robinson , and Kimbrow is the same I see from Roland. They all rush for good numbers and often. So to say one is better than the other is kinda your opinion. If these guys are as good as hyped to be why was Kimbrow shut down against Mus when Mus is on a down yr but last season Roland ran for over 100 yards on Mus who's D was stronger last yr? Robinson hasn't impressed me especially barely beating Kirby 18-0 and losing to Overton? If he was such a great back he would have worn those teams out. They are play makers and can make things happen just off there ability right? Roland has done this on every game . He might not do fancy things but he comes right at ya. He will make ya eat his helmet. That to me is impressive to still make big plays when running right up the middle when the box is loaded and still making big plays. That is what makes him different from the others .

Yall Millington Folks slay me :rolleyes:

I am not saying #36 isn't good. I'm saying he isn't a special Talent. He is solid. He's good for you guys but he is not Big-time like Kimbrow, Walton, Robinson, or Dawson. He's good, for Millington, but not a star. T.Holmes was a special player for yall, Genesy is just solid.

Ok Senator, Enough for now about 36. Your getting personal now. What exactly did you mean by "He's good for Millington", Explain that for me please sir.

Well all I see from film on Walton, Robinson , and Kimbrow is the same I see from Roland. They all rush for good numbers and often. So to say one is better than the other is kinda your opinion. If these guys are as good as hyped to be why was Kimbrow shut down against Mus when Mus is on a down yr but last season Roland ran for over 100 yards on Mus who's D was stronger last yr? Robinson hasn't impressed me especially barely beating Kirby 18-0 and losing to Overton? If he was such a great back he would have worn those teams out. They are play makers and can make things happen just off there ability right? Roland has done this on every game . He might not do fancy things but he comes right at ya. He will make ya eat his helmet. That to me is impressive to still make big plays when running right up the middle when the box is loaded and still making big plays. That is what makes him different from the others .

You and GarciaD are clueless when it comes to MUS. You have it backwards. LAST year was MUS' down year. They will likely be in Cookeville this year. This year's "D" is MUCH stronger than last year's, not the opposite. Coach Alston says it ranks among his best. In 9 games only 3 teams have been able to score a TD against them - Olive Branch, South Panola and Ensworth - tough competition, and in the 1st half of the season. Good luck promoting Mr G, but not by comparing his stats against the 2010 Owls with Mr. K's against the 2011 Owls. No comparison.

That's funny Owlbooster... Southpanola is way down this yr. OB is having a good season. How many seniors did MUS lose from last yr ? I have never said anything negative toward MUS but I have seen several post between u and other Millington fans that were negative toward one another. MUS is not having a great season but are expected to handle the local teams. 3 teams on ur schedule SP, OB, and Ensworth are tough but the rest on the Schdule are not expected to be equal competition for MUS. OB recruits... Ensworth recruits... SP recruits and MUS recruits. Your gonna tell me every single player on MUS parents can afford the schools tuition right? Well I know the truth what goes on when dealing with sports and private schools. It's funny when a brother and sister attend separate schools private and public and both play sports and don't make enough income to pay for tuition. Always ways to work around it to make it look ok.

Edited by millingtonfan2007

Well i can see you have no clue to what a good back is.... You just go by what the hype is on a player.. Kinda like a bandwagon. How come Robinson is all that but not putting up big numbers in high school level. They expect him to put up numbers in College? Our line backer is top 3 or 4 in the county going by his stats. lol

Edited by millingtonfan2007

Ok so I talked to 6 coaches this pass Saturday, and asked them to give me the top 5 backs in the city of Memphis in their opinion.... And these coaches coach at Ridgeway,Wooddale,Trezvant, Melrose,Southwind, etc.... So they have seen most of the great backs in this city and are coaching them right now, and they said that you are crazy if you dnt put Roland in the top 5 backs in this city hands down... These are coaches, saying this... So for the whitehven senator to even say he's not a top caliber back or whatever is just funny to me... Especially when coaches that I've met off of y'all staff have said the same thing about Roland... So I guess everybody that puts Roland as a top 5 back in this city is wrong and your opinion of him not being one is the right.... And when I even brought the convo up, the looks I got were like hands down he's top 5 no question!!!!!!!! 9 carries for 193 an 3 touchdowns... And he got mayb 2 carries in the second quarter but he's not top 5... SMH

Well i can see you have no clue to what a good back is.... You just go by what the hype is on a player.. Kinda like a bandwagon. How come Robinson is all that but not putting up big numbers in high school level. They expect him to put up numbers in College? Our line backer is top 3 or 4 in the county going by his stats. lol

I know what a good back is. #36 is good for Millington. Javon Robinson is not putting up the same numbers this season as opposed to last year because of the coaching Change over at Wooddale IMHO. I think The coach over there is either too smart for his own good or he wants Robinson to be fresher in the Playoffs. Stats are not the only thing I'm going off of. I'm trusting my EYES and the opinion of College Scouts. Who is recruiting Genesy? Robinson has been locked up by Auburn, I'm just saying. <_<