Dobyns-Bennett vs. Volunteer

WaCoJaCo

Your always trying to make something out of nothing. Maybe its because you always have nothing.

I'm not making anything out of anything. You made the statement not me, I was just surprised.

If you say the only thing keeping you from winning the state is the focus of the players and the mistakes they make then that falls on coaching. Is that what you are saying or is there some other reason.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just look back at the Tennessee High game. The starters played well in the first half of the first quarter then layed down until the third quarter. That was the starters. Thats has happened in several games this year. Thats what im talking about.

Could it be that maybe Tn High played a little better or (harder). That's what I'm talking about!!!!

Edited by Vikefan33

I'm not making anything out of anything. You made the statement not me, I was just surprised.

If you say the only thing keeping you from winning the state is the focus of the players and the mistakes they make then that falls on coaching. Is that what you are saying or is there some other reason.

Well the "statement" is a no-brainer. Don't know why you would be suprised. Well maybe I do. And Im not going to take your bait and say this is a coaching problem "at Dobyns Bennett". Although our feeder programs in the city have been for the most part hidious, coach Clark has taken steps in the past two years to fix that problem. Although one of the middle schools still isn't on board. That middle school lost badly the one that is on board this year by the way. Things like keeping your head in the game and not making stupid mistakes (like blocking in the back 20 yrds. behind the ball carrier)are what pee-wee and middle school coaches are supposed to be teaching. So yes its coaching. But not Dobyns Bennett coaching.

(1) Maryville (2)Dobyns-Bennett

(8) Jeff. County (7) Hardin Valley

(4) Science Hill (3) Sevier County

(6) Bearden (5) Karnes

Not sure if the placement of the seedings is correct or not, but this is the way it looks according to the TSSAA wesite.Not sure if 3 plays five or six. Does anyone know?????

(1) Maryville (2)Dobyns-Bennett

(8) Jeff. County (7) Hardin Valley

(4) Science Hill (3) Sevier County

(6) Bearden (5) Karnes

Not sure if the placement of the seedings is correct or not, but this is the way it looks according to the TSSAA wesite.Not sure if 3 plays five or six. Does anyone know?????

If those placements are correct it would be:

#8Jeff County @ #1Maryville

#5Karns @ #4Science hill

#6Bearden @ #3Sevier County

#7Hardin Valley @ #2DB

Edited by THSVikings2004

I've heard we were going to lose most of the great skill players from Sevier middle to North for next year.I hope that's incorrect.That would start putting DB on a path that Central has taken.It would put North however on a path with them possibly dropping to 2A in a couple of years,to becoming an Alcoa type of team.This could be the turning point for the future of the Tribe if DB starts lossing it's very best athletes.Not good news for the Tribe ,but a very big wakeup call for the program.

I've heard we were going to lose most of the great skill players from Sevier middle to North for next year.I hope that's incorrect.That would start putting DB on a path that Central has taken.It would put North however on a path with them possibly dropping to 2A in a couple of years,to becoming an Alcoa type of team.This could be the turning point for the future of the Tribe if DB starts lossing it's very best athletes.Not good news for the Tribe ,but a very big wakeup call for the program.

Why would that be the case? Do those kids live in the North zone? Is North's numbers dwindling to where they could eventually play in 2A?

That would be exceptionally hard to believe. Sevier seems mostly composed of legitimate city kids, I'm talking within what would be considered the city of Kingsport as opposed to recently annexed areas and 'burbs.

That would be exceptionally hard to believe. Sevier seems mostly composed of legitimate city kids, I'm talking within what would be considered the city of Kingsport as opposed to recently annexed areas and 'burbs.

Some very good athlete's have gone over there in the last five years.It doesn't surprise me because they have a great setup right now and a very good team with very good players and coaches.They have some kids going to both middle schools who had older brothers at North and still do have older brothers there.Very big for both programs,more so then the kind of offense Sevier runs.

Why would that be the case? Do those kids live in the North zone? Is North's numbers dwindling to where they could eventually play in 2A?

I don't know how the numbers will work out over the next couple of years.DB may get four hundred more band kids and North may lose a couple hundred students and pick up several football players from the looks of it.I don't know how it works,but I guess a kid can go to any school in the county nomatter where he lives.I guess that also means the city is in the county as well.

Edited by BatmanDB

I can tell you that they do want to win a state title. The only thing is, they don't know how. I was at the Farragut game at the beginning of the season with one of my buddies that won 3 state titles at Maryville and during one of the rain delays our (DB) players were just hanging out in the locker room. My buddy told me that that would never happen in a Maryville locker room. That's why they're the best. Everyone makes a big deal out of DB's playoff track record, and rightfully so, but learning how to win a championship has to start somewhere and why not now? DB's best chance to win in the playoffs is either this year or next. (And I know it's not the playoffs yet Waco but since they've already clinched and play the Foul Coons this week, I say let's go ahead and talk about it.)

Ok...I'll bite...although I do know better than to ask this, but, here goes nothing... what should they have been doing during the rain delay?