DII-A Basketball (Keep it Clean Version)

dgeeman

LOL 8 Posts

Thanks Wareagle...I knew it wouldn't last. You can't fault Erickson for the way the coach plays the game but I can tell you he hit some key shots in DCA's victories over Ezell last year. As for Kessler, an easy pick for the State All Tournament Team last year and a fine young man who has gone through plenty of adversity. Believe me he deserves better comments from the gallery. Your comments on Ezell could be true...guess we'll have to wait until the season begins...but it is a pretty much true statement about DII-A. There are a few very weak teams, a few very strong teams, and a few middle of the road teams. Unfortunately you have to play them all...and until you do...you just don't know where or what type of team you are. But not too long now before we begin to find out.

gman

Someone already made a post about DIIA west this summer. People get on here and base there posts on facts/opinions which can be uplifting or hurtful. Ezell Harding will suck this year, new inexperienced coach and a weak team left with only 3 players from last year. Mark it down and save this for future reference. And anyone who gets on here and post about his own kid getting posterized has some issues.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Dgeeman it was great idea anyway.. I'll be waiting for POSITIVE updates throughout the year from you and will do my very best to deliver some as well.

Not sure, but you probably have the ability to delete posts from these morons on a thread you started. Idiots like them need to learn to read the topic before spouting off at the mouth. And what the heck is an ensworth guy posting on DII-A thread for anyway? Morons!

BoyHowdy will remain an AC (anonymous coward). I feel the comfort and security of an anonymous post brings out an honesty not found within the confines of accountability and transparency.

Seriously!! This thread was set up for positive information - not someone sticking their nose into other folks' business and talking trash (BigENS aka Ensworth fan - REALLY???). And dgeeman, only a true fan recognizes hard work and great play . . . even at the expense of our own children! My guess is Austin Gee could compile a mighty lengthy highlight reel starring Austin Gee!!

Seriously!! This thread was set up for positive information - not someone sticking their nose into other folks' business and talking trash (BigENS aka Ensworth fan - REALLY???). And dgeeman, only a true fan recognizes hard work and great play . . . even at the expense of our own children! My guess is Austin Gee could compile a mighty lengthy highlight reel starring Austin Gee!!

BigEns is doing exactly what Ensworth is known for. Being a bully in Division II. Their athletic teams are good because let's face it.......they are the "best team money can buy". I'm glad that BigEns feels the need to stoop to a lower level of bashing DII-A teams that do not have the resources that they have.

Anyway, back to the topic.

I see the Division II-A East is coming down to FRA and USN. FRA has a lot of talent and the game with USN should be an epic matchup. This should be USN's best team since the 2008-2009 season. They have a great trio of perimeter players, plus some good big men inside.

My sleeper team for DII-A East is Davidson. I think the Bears are poised for a banner year under 1st year Coach Kevin Harper. I watched them at Belmont camp this summer, and was impressed by the Bears. They beat a long and athletic Whites Creek team. Coach Harper has patiently waited for this opportunity and I look for them to possibly finish in the top 4.

All this talk and no one has mentioned Webb School of Knoxville as a serious contender. I hope everyone overlooks our Spartans. ;)

Well it looks like you just did. The Spartans were a little down last year but I hear a few are healthy and ready to play. I think based on what we saw last year and the rumblings going on that you gotta include them in the mix.

Also I hear the excitement as well from the Davidson Camp. We played them in the Belmont camp and seemed like they were a little bigger than last year...not sure if their players grew or they had a few newcomers. At this point all the teams are pretty excited just because it is just around the corner.

Hey and thanks for the kind words...would rather see that than grownups putting kids and parents down. As for the pictures in the Jackson Sun...playing in a sub-state is a pretty good honor. If the little Gman can get posterized every game and his team win...he'd take it everytime!

Keep it clean! And keep talking! Official practice is pretty soon I believe!

Peace and love,

The Gman

• 4 weeks later...

Someone already made a post about DIIA west this summer. People get on here and base there posts on facts/opinions which can be uplifting or hurtful. Ezell Harding will suck this year, new inexperienced coach and a weak team left with only 3 players from last year. Mark it down and save this for future reference. And anyone who gets on here and post about his own kid getting posterized has some issues.

Hey BigENS where you cut from Ezell's team? Thats the only thing that I can come up with why your so against Ezell. I certainly don't think your an Ensworth fan cuz I don't really think they pay much attention to Ezell. :roflol:

Hey Gman your son is starting the season off pretty good. Averaging 20 Pts a game. Don't know how good JPII is but none the less a 5 pt win on the road not too bad for a team that's not supposed to be very good. Hope they keep it up. Love the way Farmer handles them. Very encouraged by what I saw.

Edited by 9aafan

Hey Gman your son is starting the season off pretty good. Averaging 20 Pts a game. Don't know how good JPII is but none the less a 5 pt win on the road not too bad for a team that's not supposed to be very good. Hope they keep it up. Love the way Farmer handles them. Very encouraged by what I saw.

Austin Gee is going ham out there! I couldn't be happier for the young man. Solid player and solid individual!!

BoyHowdy will remain an AC (anonymous coward). I feel the comfort and security of an anonymous post brings out an honesty not found within the confines of accountability and transparency.

Austin Gee is going ham out there! I couldn't be happier for the young man. Solid player and solid individual!!

Thanks "fan" and "howdy" but "sshhhhh, we are trying to fly low under the radar. :) Austin plays hard for the entire game and has benefitted from his hustle. He's been fun to watch so far. Thanks to both for the kind words.

Gman