DII-A Basketball (Keep it Clean Version)

dgeeman

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good win for DCA over FRA.

"Great" win for DCA over FRA. DCA played very well start to finish. Guard play was good and they shot the lights out from outside. 8 three pointers i think. Boom! Fans were good and it underscores the sportsmanship of DII-A Middle. Exciting game to the very end!! Way to go DCA!

BoyHowdy will remain an AC (anonymous coward). I feel the comfort and security of an anonymous post brings out an honesty not found within the confines of accountability and transparency.

I think FACS is a firm No. 4 out of this district. This should come down to ECS, LC and Harding.

Just my opinion.

Interesting note:

Tipton Rosemark went to FACS last night and won by 7 from what I read. This has no bearing on district standings but is interesting from the stand point that it's probably a preview of your #4-Dist 1 vs. #5 Dist 2 match-up to be played @ FACS if things hold true to form.

TRA seems to be on a roll right now and are playing with a "nothing to lose" attitude. Went to USJ this week and gave them all they wanted. They've got some players and could be an issue for someone down the road.

Shout out to USJ boys and the comeback win over Fayette Academy. Great heart and composure on all the players part. Winslow came back in second half after rolling his ankle and hit the 3's to shift the game.

Coach Russell showed what he can do in out coaching the opponents also. Great Game and FA is a good team that will be present in the regions for sure.

I think FACS is a firm No. 4 out of this district. This should come down to ECS, LC and Harding.

Just my opinion.

It looks like now that a few things are decided in the West yet plenty more will not be determined until the end of this week.

St. George has wrapped up the No. 1 seed in one district and I think USJ has wrapped up the No. 2. Both still have Rossville Christian yet to play and I don't think any surprises will effect the outcome as SG wins the head to head with USJ for the 1 and USJ would win the head to head with FA for the 2 if FA were to win out.

Fayette Academy controls their own fate @ 5-3 with TRA and JCS (4-5) left to play. Beat JCS and they are the No. 3. Lose them both and I think the 3 spot comes down to a coin toss with JCS since they would have split during the year.

TRA (2-7) will finish as the No. 5 seed regardless of the outcome of any remaining games and are still probably the most likely team to ruin someone's season. RC will be the No. 6.

In the other District, Harding's win over Lausanne Friday night has left a 3-way tie for first as far as I can tell between ECS, Lausanne and Harding. All 3 teams have split the regular season with each of the other two. Lausanne's lone game remaining is against Bishop Byrne, Harding has FACS and Catholic, and ECS has FACS and Bishop Byrne. FACS has a lock on the No. 4 seed as they would win the head to head with BB should they lose both (assuming BB beat Catholic last game, couldn't find a score). An FACS win over either Harding or ECS would drop the loser into the No. 3 spot and the other two would flip a coin for the 1. FACS loses both and I guess there's a three way coin toss since all have split.

BB will be the No. 5 as far as I can tell and SBEC and Catholic would play the play-in game.

Someone who knows more about this can probably tell me if all of this is right or not. I don't think there is another tie-breaker after head-head before going to a coin toss?

*After looking at this a little further, FACS should be a lock @ 4 and it should not have to come down to a coin toss with BB. BB has Lausanne and ECS left to play and has already lost to both by big margins. If they were to pull off an upset...throw everything I said above out the window.

Edited by Asitis

Who will win these two regions? State?

Who knows in the West. This will come down to who gets hot at the right time. I would still give Lausanne as the favorite as they can get hot quick, followed closely by St. George as they can be streaky as well.

ECS is tough to match up with and Harding has won some big games yet I don't know much about them. Seem to play a lot of players. USJ could get a tough second round draw as the 2 seed in D2-2 with the 1-2-3 seeds in D2-1 looking like it's gonna come down to a coin toss.

In the E/M I guess FRA is the favorite with EH and USN following close behind yet I don't know much about that side.

I assume the tie-breaker is District record, Head-to-Head and then a coin toss? There is not another tie-breaker in place is there?

Can't believe they would use a coin toss instead of net point spread between the tied teams (with max of +-13)? This needs to be changed for the future.

Agreed. That would have been a better way yet not sure who and how things like that get changed.

With the parity in the West, I don't think seeding makes as much of a difference from an opponent standpoint as it does from a home-court point of view. Granted losing a 3-way coin toss adds a first round game for the 3 seed, yet I for one would rather play than be off a week. With a 2-way tie for first, I don't really have a problem with the coin toss since the result will be both still have a bye and their first game @ home, but when the toss decides who has to hit the road and who doesn't, it seems there should be something else in place to decide.

Maybe take all the 2nd round games (8 teams) to the Region tournament site instead of 4. It would not have mattered much this year in Harding's case since the tourney is @ USJ anyway, yet it would eliminate disadvantages in the future or had the toss fell differently this year.

Good luck to all teams from here on out.

Watch out for TRA. They have already been to FACS and won as well as a 1 point loss @ SG. Anything could happen from this point on.

Agreed. That would have been a better way yet not sure who and how things like that get changed.

With the parity in the West, I don't think seeding makes as much of a difference from an opponent standpoint as it does from a home-court point of view. Granted losing a 3-way coin toss adds a first round game for the 3 seed, yet I for one would rather play than be off a week. With a 2-way tie for first, I don't really have a problem with the coin toss since the result will be both still have a bye and their first game @ home, but when the toss decides who has to hit the road and who doesn't, it seems there should be something else in place to decide.

Maybe take all the 2nd round games (8 teams) to the Region tournament site instead of 4. It would not have mattered much this year in Harding's case since the tourney is @ USJ anyway, yet it would eliminate disadvantages in the future or had the toss fell differently this year.

Good luck to all teams from here on out.

Watch out for TRA. They have already been to FACS and won as well as a 1 point loss @ SG. Anything could happen from this point on.