10AA

OffTheRecord

East Literature is the State Runner Up from last year so until proven otherwise I would say they are the favorite. CPA and Maplewood will be in the thick of it as well.

Ill agree that East Lit was the state Runner up last year (that was last year tho) but they lost all interior play and CPA has done nothing but matured and recruited :unsure: so they are hands down the favorite.

Ill agree that East Lit was the state Runner up last year (that was last year tho) but they lost all interior play and CPA has done nothing but matured and recruited :unsure: so they are hands down the favorite.

Can't we have just one thread without "recruiting" cheap shots? Until the TSSAA determines CPA is ineligable for play this year, don't demean the efforts and hard work of the kids who are just wanting to play ball.

As far as the subject at hand, if CPA stays healthy, they will not only be a district favorite but also a favorite to win the state. They are absolutely loaded with talent, size, experience, and depth. They have 7 players on the bench who would start on most teams they play.

Bradshaw (Belmont signee) had a huge AAU summer and will have a great senior year. Lindsey is rated in the top 15 sophomores in the country, Alsmiller has grown to about 6'4", had about 100 3's last year and didn't even start at the first of the year. Richard and Bonds had great years last year, Cook is back from an injury, and they have added speed and defense in Wharton. This will be a very special group.

Can't we have just one thread without "recruiting" cheap shots? Until the TSSAA determines CPA is ineligable for play this year, don't demean the efforts and hard work of the kids who are just wanting to play ball.

As far as the subject at hand, if CPA stays healthy, they will not only be a district favorite but also a favorite to win the state. They are absolutely loaded with talent, size, experience, and depth. They have 7 players on the bench who would start on most teams they play.

Bradshaw (Belmont signee) had a huge AAU summer and will have a great senior year. Lindsey is rated in the top 15 sophomores in the country, Alsmiller has grown to about 6'4", had about 100 3's last year and didn't even start at the first of the year. Richard and Bonds had great years last year, Cook is back from an injury, and they have added speed and defense in Wharton. This will be a very special group.

To make the jump from a really good team to a great team, CPA is going to have to solve the inside game puzzle piece. Lindsey is going to want to play more outside (where his college game is going to be) so Thomas Richard and Robert Brown are going to have to get more physical underneath the goal. The teams that beat CPA last year out muscled them in the paint.

not a cheap shot--just the facts maam

Yes, it is a cheap shot, and you proved it by setting up a new account (your 2nd post) just to jump in on a thread to pile it on. This thread is about predictions for upcoming season for 10AA participating teams as sanctioned by the TSSAA. CPA is one of those teams with some honest coaches and great kids who work very hard. Welcome to the thread, but if you can't add anything positive, or stick to the point, crawl back in your hole.

To make the jump from a really good team to a great team, CPA is going to have to solve the inside game puzzle piece. Lindsey is going to want to play more outside (where his college game is going to be) so Thomas Richard and Robert Brown are going to have to get more physical underneath the goal. The teams that beat CPA last year out muscled them in the paint.

Agree, but that is not unusual for Freshmen. A year of strength and toughness makes a difference, as well as a lot of speed and great defense that doesn't allow the halfcourt game to develop. Actually, I predict Bradshaw from the backcourt will get a lot of rebounds, as he is very smart and stout. I haven't seen the kids other than Alsmiller this year, so I don't know if they have gotten taller or not.

I don't think they are all recruited but I believe (can't prove) that most of the athletes are recruited. You can say what you want, but it is way too suspect that all these talented kids just decide or their parents decide the CPA is the school for them. Do I believe that the Head Coach has something to do with that? Yes, I believe that he is able to sell the school and his program to the parents and kids. That might be a fine line by saying recruiting but that is exactly what it is.

East Literature is the State Runner Up from last year so until proven otherwise I would say they are the favorite. CPA and Maplewood will be in the thick of it as well.

I am having a hard time thinking you even believe that prediction. This is not the boxing where you get to stay the champ until somebody beats you, need to base it on what is lost or gained from previous year if going to give it a good attempt!