Current 2a Playoff pairings

FridayMainEvent

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quad 1 is a mess right now. The seeding would actually be if it ended today.

Hampton-bye

Rockwood-bye

3)North Green hosts 6)Cosby

4)Oliver Springs hosts 5) Oneida

The 1st and 2nd place district teams take precedent in seedings. With Grace DQd, Rockwood moves up to #2. North Green would finish 2nd also in district giving them the 3rd seed. Then it would go by ranking putting OS, Oneida, Cosby 4,5, and 6.

This also would create two regular season rematches in the first round which doesnt seem right either.

This would give Rockwood a favorable path to the quarter-finals, after beating one team with 5 wins.

Hope it doesn't go like this but I am afraid so if everyone wins Friday.

Hey TC folks you too Slim. I heard from a signal parent that said that TC could not host a play off game. This was a TSSAA ruling from the fight with SM last year. Any truth to this because I never seen that or heard it.

I don't think so, never was a "fight", but wouldn't really matter. We could win 2A on the road this year. roflol.gif As long as we ain't in KY. icon_twisted.gif

My understanding is that Silverdale goes to Playoffs automatically for finishing 2nd in the District IF they beat Grace (Chattanooga) Friday night. Is that correct?

Also, been told that Silverdale has an outside shot of going to playoffs if they lose to Grace Friday. Does anyone know what has to happen in this scenario?

I don't have time to keep up with it.

Thanks!

Quad 1 is a mess right now. The seeding would actually be if it ended today.

Hampton-bye

Rockwood-bye

3)North Green hosts 6)Cosby

4)Oliver Springs hosts 5) Oneida

The 1st and 2nd place district teams take precedent in seedings. With Grace DQd, Rockwood moves up to #2. North Green would finish 2nd also in district giving them the 3rd seed. Then it would go by ranking putting OS, Oneida, Cosby 4,5, and 6.

This also would create two regular season rematches in the first round which doesnt seem right either.

This would give Rockwood a favorable path to the quarter-finals, after beating one team with 5 wins.

Quad 3 is interesting as well. As of now, Riverside, who will be 4-6 if they beat a wi

Hope it doesn't go like this but I am afraid so if everyone wins Friday.

Quad 3 is interesting as well. As of now, Riverside, who will be 4-6 if they beat a winless district team, would get a bye in the first round because no one else will finish in the top two in their district.

If TSSAA is going to use this ranking system, you might as well throw out their little formula. Just take records and then use tiebreakers for seeding after top two get their seedings.

It is also possible that a 1-9 team could get in for finishing second in their district at 1-3 and if their quad leaves no other top two finishers in their district they would play at home and possibly even get a bye.

Fun stuff

Quad 3 is interesting as well. As of now, Riverside, who will be 4-6 if they beat a winless district team, would get a bye in the first round because no one else will finish in the top two in their district.

If TSSAA is going to use this ranking system, you might as well throw out their little formula. Just take records and then use tiebreakers for seeding after top two get their seedings.

It is also possible that a 1-9 team could get in for finishing second in their district at 1-3 and if their quad leaves no other top two finishers in their district they would play at home and possibly even get a bye.

Fun stuff

I have no idea where you are getting your info, but its wrong for both quads. Riverside is in 2nd and currently seeded where I have them. Rockwood is 2nd, behind Greenback, and also seeded where I currently have them. Please see first post of this thread for correct 1&3 quad seedings. (To this point)

I did however, looking back, type the words quad 4, twice. The top one obviously should of read quad 3.

Edited by FreeAgent11

My understanding is that Silverdale goes to Playoffs automatically for finishing 2nd in the District IF they beat Grace (Chattanooga) Friday night. Is that correct?

Also, been told that Silverdale has an outside shot of going to playoffs if they lose to Grace Friday. Does anyone know what has to happen in this scenario?

I don't have time to keep up with it.

Thanks!

If Houston and Peabody win and silverdale loses. Silverdale will be 3rd in district. White house is idle but would beat out silverdale on 4th tie breaker and peabody would beat silverdale on 2nd tie breaker