Science Hill - Dobyns Bennett

TopperFootball

You can't go one and out without getting there first..there will be 24 teams wishing they could be there and only 4 have a chance at being 10 and 0.....not that we are satisfied with 10 and 0..we want more but it sure is nice tobe in that rarefied 10 and 0 air AGAIN....pretty SAD rebuttal when you have to minimize a team's success with a much better record than yours to make your mediocre team seem better.

Do you know what team Ruffryders follows, I don't, just wandering which "mediocre" team he follows? I do find it humorous how you take so much pleasure in your team being 10-0 playing in the Big 8, even though in my personal opinion that will not happen, being that you are playing a bunch of 5A teams. We could all go beat up some freshmen, but it would not be much to brag about. d-b should live for the playoffs. If i were a fan i would think anything less that an appearance in the quarterfinals to be a failure. Which brings up a good question, when was the last time that d-b made it to the quarterfinals?

Do you know what team Ruffryders follows, I don't, just wandering which "mediocre" team he follows? I do find it humorous how you take so much pleasure in your team being 10-0 playing in the Big 8, even though in my personal opinion that will not happen, being that you are playing a bunch of 5A teams. We could all go beat up some freshmen, but it would not be much to brag about. d-b should live for the playoffs. If i were a fan i would think anything less that an appearance in the quarterfinals to be a failure. Which brings up a good question, when was the last time that d-b made it to the quarterfinals?

2004 I believe it was the 3rd year in a row making to at least the quarterfinals might be wrong on that though.

I know this has more then likely been answered but I couldn't find it. How come Maryville will get the number 1 seed in quad 1 no matter what DB does? Clearly Maryville is a better team but if they end up with the same records what determines the number 1 seed? It would be nice to have Maryville come to Kingsport for week 3 of the playoffs if it came to that.

Maybe because it was our turn to travel last year 3rd but rvrdale could not get it done so it is back to us this time around , assuming the REBELS can get it done. And they are defending state champs.

Edited by GREYRIDER

don't worry about marrryville just yet!!!! toppers are next.I WILL BE THERE PULLING FOR THE TOPPERS!!!!!

Congrats on being where most of kingsport and johnson city will be thursday night. I was just asking a question that pertained to DB not science hill since win or loose the toppers cant climb above a 3 seed. when it matters to you and your in that situation then come back and talk to me.

Congrats on being where most of kingsport and johnson city will be thursday night. I was just asking a question that pertained to DB not science hill since win or loose the toppers cant climb above a 3 seed. when it matters to you and your in that situation then come back and talk to me.

it don' t matter to me,i could care less, but everybody talking about marryville is a little soon,one game at a time for both schools.

it don' t matter to me,i could care less, but everybody talking about marryville is a little soon,one game at a time for both schools.

Agreed my question was just why would Maryville get the number 1 seed over DB if they end up with the same records. Just wonder what is the official way to determine that.

Agreed my question was just why would Maryville get the number 1 seed over DB if they end up with the same records. Just wonder what is the official way to determine that.

TSSAA's first tie breaker is # of teams on your schedule that have won 50% or more of their games. When an opponent reaches 5 wins they are locked in as 1 in that teams tie breaker column. Maryville currently has 7 teams locked in. William Blount will make 8 if they beat Farragut to finish 5-5. Dobyns-Bennett because they play in the Big 8 and play Volunteer 2-7, Crockett 1-8, Central 0-9, and Clinton 0-9 can only get to 6 in this column if Tennessee High and Daniel Boone both win to get to 5-5. Therefore the issue is already decided if both finish with 10 wins. So what helps you go 10-0 most years also hurts you co;me playoff time under the current format. In fact, of the 54 teams in 6A, only Houston and Overton have played an easier schedule that Dobyns-Bennett. This being based on # of wins by opponents on the schedule.

Edited by crawdad

TSSAA's first tie breaker is # of teams on your schedule that have won 50% or more of their games. When an opponent reaches 5 wins they are locked in as 1 in that teams tie breaker column. Maryville currently has 7 teams locked in. William Blount will make 8 if they beat Farragut to finish 5-5. Dobyns-Bennett because they play in the Big 8 and play Volunteer 2-7, Crockett 1-8, Central 0-9, and Clinton 0-9 can only get to 6 in this column if Tennessee High and Daniel Boone both win to get to 5-5. Therefore the issue is already decided if both finish with 10 wins. So what helps you go 10-0 most years also hurts you co;me playoff time under the current format. In fact, of the 54 teams in 6A, only Houston has played an easier schedule that Dobyns-Bennett. This being based on # of wins by opponents on the schedule.

So basically the TSSAA penalizes you for playing and winning games that they force you to play! Makes perfect sense!