Science Hill - Dobyns Bennett

TopperFootball

So basically the TSSAA penalizes you for playing and winning games that they force you to play! Makes perfect sense!

That would be correct to some extent. You do have some control over non-conference scheduling. Clinton really let you guys down this year, 2 years removed from a really good team . Sevier Co. was great at a potential 9-1 but factored in with Clinton at 0-10 you still have an overall loser in opponents. You are better off with two 5-5 opponents in the above scenario. And of course you never know how good the records of all your conference opponents will be. The 5A big guys South, Tennessee High and Daniel Boone were just average this year, so that hurt your numbers also.

It's really not a problem for the coaches or the players. Just win the games one at a time. Good luck.

I guess this is close enough to Game Day to make my prediction. It won't be pretty and most people won't like it. The Indians have more weapons as a whole on both sides of the field than they have had in I don't know when. Stacy Carter is Coaching Science Hill and he has no idea how to beat Graham Clark.

DB has no injuries to speak of unless it is at fullback and #35 Zach Casey is running the ball better than the starter (Slaughter) anyway and he should be the starter.

DB beat a great Sevier County Team, their best opponent by far.... who whipped Mo-West, who squeaked by the Toppers.

In the end, the streak will still be alive and the Indians and Graham Clark own JC as always, and it won't be close.

Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett 56

Johnson City Science Hill 14

Edited by ArtVandalay

It would be nice to have Maryville come to Kingsport for week 3 of the playoffs if it came to that.

We wuz reddy two come up thair laist yeer...Butt Devrin didunt won't us two.... :unsure:

Butt evurbodee's rite...Moore footbawl two bee plade....All eye'm entristid inn rite now iz tha Lynn Orr City Bowl... :thumb:

Edited by STARSNBARS

I guess this is close enough to Game Day to make my prediction. It won't be pretty and most people won't like it. The Indians have more weapons as a whole on both sides of the field than they have had in I don't know when. Stacy Carter is Coaching Science Hill and he has no idea how to beat Graham Clark.

DB has no injuries to speak of unless it is at fullback and #35 Zach Casey is running the ball better than the starter (Slaughter) anyway and he should be the starter.

DB beat a great Sevier County Team, their best opponent by far.... who whipped Mo-West, who squeaked by the Toppers.

In the end, the streak will still be alive and the Indians and Graham Clark own JC as always, and it won't be close.

Oh it's pretty easy to beat Clark. The best way is to score more points. HARF HARF HARF. I'll be here all week.

We wuz reddy two come up thair laist yeer...Butt Devrin didunt won't us two.... :unsure:

Butt evurbodee's rite...Moore footbawl two bee play....All eye'm entristid inn rite now iz tha Lynn Orr City Bowl... :thumb:

This is true. No arguments here. Good luck and hope to see you guys in the 3rd round!

This game will be a rout just like all of the Big 8 Games. Boone will end up being the team that pushed the Indians more than any other Conference Team.

Not saying it won't happen, but I don't think SH will be a pushover like boone, south, TN, etc. Just saying that sevier co killed mo west that beat SH, and that by the additive property DB will crush SH like a bug is a bit reductive. SH isn't out of DB's league like the rest of the Big 8, and SH has proven that they're well above the rest of the conf as well. I'm certainly not saying DB won't win, but a game that isn't a bar room brawl would surprise me. (injuries, weather, corrupt refs non-withstanding) In SH's losses it looked like they beat themselves, and the only time DB loses it's because they beat themselves (or a D1 RB puts the team on his back, ugh)

Ah come on Art!........We didn't even beat Central that bad. I'll bet you $100. that my point spread is closer than yours.

Just take it one game at a time. Yeah sure I'd like to see us be the incredible underdog, and play the unbeatable Maryville, but I think Graham will make sure nobody with pads on Thursday night will looking past the Hill. As for the score, the Toppers dont show much at J. Fred, but always play us tough in JC...Im not predicting any score, Ive seen a lot of crazy stuff the last several years i've watched DB play.. Just take care of business one game at a time. :thumb: