Science Hill - Dobyns Bennett

TopperFootball

DB certainly isn't the epitome of mediocrity. Playoff mediocrity is more like it. And I'd say winning the conf year after year is something to brag about. They make it look easy and there's something to be said about that. I think once SH rises to DB's level it will help both teams tremendously in the playoffs. It gives both teams a bar to get above. So while beating a team 17 years in a row seems nice, its better to have competition, esp around here with the dearth of 6A teams.

funny, as i recall it D-B has only won the Big 8 conference one year, 2010. In 2009 TN High won it, and this season they have one more game left to play before they can claim it. So, what are they still bragging about?

Edited by visionbcreality

I came home just to see this game tommorow night. I just hope the Indians can pull this one off. Almost all my family lives in Johnson City and the'll give me H E double L for a year if the Toppers win. I watched a film of the Mo. West game and Science Hill looks to have a real good team. DB's going to have to be on their game to beat them. My cousin says they've looked sharp in practice this week. We'll see I guess. Got to catch up on reading these post, 23 pages

How bout some input from Boone, THS or South from playing both DB and the Hill ? Who looks tougher from a players standpoint?...strength/weakness etc

I'll try and get this thread back on the game.

How close this game is depends on SC. If he committs to the run and mixes in play action SH will have a chance to keep it close. If he puts Snyder back there in the shotgun and decides to throw it around (as he's prone to do) db will win going away 21+. Boone ran all over them attacking the edges and that appears to be db's strength with Swofford. Turnovers are always the question mark but I see a db victory

35-21

If Carter is smart, and we know he is not, he will put eight in the box and make us beat him with the pass. And on offense, he needs to run,run and run some more. Run the clock and control the ball. Keep the DB offense off the field and keep us out of the endzone. Also, don't kick the ball to our returners. Kick it out of bounds. But he won't. Roll Tribe. The streak continues. 42-14

Edited by dbFAN91

If Carter is smart, and we know he is not, he will put eight in the box and make us beat him with the pass. And on offense, he needs to run,run and run some more. Run the clock and control the ball. Keep the DB offense off the field and keep us out of the endzone. Also, don't kick the ball to our returners. Kick it out of bounds. But he won't. Roll Tribe. The streak continues. 42-14

I really look for Carter to throw the ball all over the field and yes,put all he can in the box to stop our run.I better edit this.I mean for Carters QB to throw the ball all over the field.

Edited by BatmanDB

I'll try and get this thread back on the game.

How close this game is depends on SC. If he committs to the run and mixes in play action SH will have a chance to keep it close. If he puts Snyder back there in the shotgun and decides to throw it around (as he's prone to do) db will win going away 21+. Boone ran all over them attacking the edges and that appears to be db's strength with Swofford. Turnovers are always the question mark but I see a db victory

35-21

Respectfully disagreeing tosssweep: Boone has a pretty good run game, better than the Hill's imo, and Boone rushed 26 times for 49 against DB. The Indian D-line and LB corps is the strength of their D. Sevier Co. gave a good template for how to attack them. Whether the Toppers can throw it well enough to expose that flaw remains to be seen. Snyder is crafty and mobile. He can scramble effectively if they are experiencing some success in the passing game. They also need to exploit pressure with screens to Will Adams.

It the Toppers try to hang their fate on the run game, their punter will have a sore foot and their gunners will be out of breath from chasing Foreman or Swafford.

Respectfully disagreeing tosssweep: Boone has a pretty good run game, better than the Hill's imo, and Boone rushed 26 times for 49 against DB. The Indian D-line and LB corps is the strength of their D. Sevier Co. gave a good template for how to attack them. Whether the Toppers can throw it well enough to expose that flaw remains to be seen. Snyder is crafty and mobile. He can scramble effectively if they are experiencing some success in the passing game. They also need to exploit pressure with screens to Will Adams.

It the Toppers try to hang their fate on the run game, their punter will have a sore foot and their gunners will be out of breath from chasing Foreman or Swafford.

I hear what you are saying but from the high school level to the pro's the team that is able to run the ball and control the line of scrimmage wins 9 out of 10 times. Good point on exploiting the pressure because db likes to blitz and the screen and draw could go for big yardage. I would be concerned if I was a SH fan if SC put the game in Snyders hands.

I hear what you are saying but from the high school level to the pro's the team that is able to run the ball and control the line of scrimmage wins 9 out of 10 times. Good point on exploiting the pressure because db likes to blitz and the screen and draw could go for big yardage. I would be concerned if I was a SH fan if SC put the game in Snyders hands.

If SH is able to run on our defense and pick their spots in the passing game,it will be a long night for the Tribe.I hope our front can stop that and we can get pressure to keep the big numbers down in the air.Equally will be our abillity to pass the ball if SH can stop our strong suit.Should be a great game to be at.A lady said yesterday that the rain may keep the crowd down.NO WAY,it will be one of the biggest regular season games in North-East TN in the last few years.