Science Hill - Dobyns Bennett

TopperFootball

Respectfully disagreeing tosssweep: Boone has a pretty good run game, better than the Hill's imo, and Boone rushed 26 times for 49 against DB. The Indian D-line and LB corps is the strength of their D. Sevier Co. gave a good template for how to attack them. Whether the Toppers can throw it well enough to expose that flaw remains to be seen. Snyder is crafty and mobile. He can scramble effectively if they are experiencing some success in the passing game. They also need to exploit pressure with screens to Will Adams.

It the Toppers try to hang their fate on the run game, their punter will have a sore foot and their gunners will be out of breath from chasing Foreman or Swafford.

We have a winner! Mr. Crawdad!

I bet Carter has watched that DB-Sevier Co. tape 200 times. DB will be forced to "contain" the Toppers QB which will give him time to throw. The only thing is he better be accurate with his passes. Our DB's are usually out of position where they tend to pick off errent passes.

If Carter is smart, and we know he is not, he will put eight in the box and make us beat him with the pass. And on offense, he needs to run,run and run some more. Run the clock and control the ball. Keep the DB offense off the field and keep us out of the endzone. Also, don't kick the ball to our returners. Kick it out of bounds. But he won't. Roll Tribe. The streak continues. 42-14

Waiiiiiiit a second, an idiot can coach a team to a 7-2 record and be in contention for the conf title? Ralph Nelson actually has say over the defense and running the clock isn't SH's style this year. They run a hurry up that's proven effective if they convert 3rd downs. This could help them tremendously if they can convert, but if they don't it will bite them harder than anything else. It makes for a long game if you go three and out and only run a minute and a half off the clock and have stopped the time with an incomplete pass on 3rd down. I'll actually post that as the key to the game. When DB is on def, if they can stop SH on 3rd down more often than not, they will win going away. Also, despite what I post or do on here I'm a fairly allegiance free fan, I tend to catch all the local teams, with SH being the most frequent.

Waiiiiiiit a second, an idiot can coach a team to a 7-2 record and be in contention for the conf title? Ralph Nelson actually has say over the defense and running the clock isn't SH's style this year. They run a hurry up that's proven effective if they convert 3rd downs. This could help them tremendously if they can convert, but if they don't it will bite them harder than anything else. It makes for a long game if you go three and out and only run a minute and a half off the clock and have stopped the time with an incomplete pass on 3rd down. I'll actually post that as the key to the game. When DB is on def, if they can stop SH on 3rd down more often than not, they will win going away. Also, despite what I post or do on here I'm a fairly allegiance free fan, I tend to catch all the local teams, with SH being the most frequent.

I wouldn't call Carter an Idiot but I don't think you have to be all that smart to coach a team to a 7-2 record inside the Big 8, especially this year.

I wouldn't call Carter an Idiot but I don't think you have to be all that smart to coach a team to a 7-2 record inside the Big 8, especially this year.

Granted, it's certainly a down year for the 5A teams. What I wonder is if TN high would have been better (or possibly worse) had Stubbs been able to stay. While I'd imagine they wouldn't have had as bad of a turnover issue running the old Offense, they've become more dynamic with their new spread O. It seemed like their D was pretty good this year despite being put in rough spots by turnovers. Vikes fans care to weigh in? Cap, 04, etc? (I know this is the SH/DB thread, but it seems like its become the de facto Big 8 thread this week. And I kinda like it.)

Edited by Quasar

I hear what you are saying but from the high school level to the pro's the team that is able to run the ball and control the line of scrimmage wins 9 out of 10 times. Good point on exploiting the pressure because db likes to blitz and the screen and draw could go for big yardage. I would be concerned if I was a SH fan if SC put the game in Snyders hands.

You're right about the run game and controlling the line of scrimmage winning 9 out of 10. I just don't think the Toppers can control the line of scrimmage and muscle up in the run game as their strong hand. That Tribe front 7 is pretty stout from what I've seen. I think the Toppers are trying to win the other 1 out of 10. And the only way I see to do that is hurry up and try to outscore the Indians because I don't see them stopping the D-B offense without some penalties and turnovers.

I think everyone understands this is a replay of D-B / Sullivan South only now there are Toppers on the other side and they are better athletes across the board. GC and staff have outcoached SC and staff at each encounter with the exception of their first I suppose. I believe D-B will be better prepared and they have the advantage of a unique offensive style. GC has seen the SC spread plenty. If it is close late, it could get tight for the Tribe and eerily take on a playoff atmosphere. D-B needs to take care of business from the get go. Aaron Greene needs to have a big night for the Toppers to stay in it.

How bout some input from Boone, THS or South from playing both DB and the Hill ? Who looks tougher from a players standpoint?...strength/weakness etc

I don't know, nor do I really care. But, I was told by South players that between DB and SH, SH was the more impressive team to play against.

I personally would like to see SH win this one. Because I like to pull for underdogs and I think too, it would help DB in the play-offs if they were challenged more year in and year out by SH.

I don't know, nor do I really care. But, I was told by South players that between DB and SH, SH was the more impressive team to play against.

I personally would like to see SH win this one. Because I like to pull for underdogs and I think too, it would help DB in the play-offs if they were challenged more year in and year out by SH.

South's players played against D-B's for a quarter and a half. They played against the Topper's for 3 quarters. I'd say they couldn't make a fair comparison in spite of what you heard.

Really hard to believe that the South players would say Science Hill is more impressive. Really hard to believe. Seams like I've heard something simular once already this year. Yes I believe so.:)

Well, our losses came out of conference against basically the best teams in their class, greeneville and mo west. So Carter is definitely not an idiot. I bet greeneville and mo west would give DB a run for their money.