South Pittsburg Pirates @ G.C.A.

RoyDillardJr

Great game by the pirates and an OUTSTANDING! Job by the defence. Grace has great foot ball team and would have went far in the playoffs. Too bad they cheated. The two fumbles that gca had with there qb was the two worst calls I've ever seen by the refs and the refs as a whole were pathetic imo but great game pirates and get ready for the playoff something gca will not be doing

I'm not the least bit suprised....Don't know how it went down but that's pathetic to not score once with those guys we have on offense! I can't imagine how that is humanly possible....Congrats to Grace they must b the real deal

We just went from being the favorite to traveling the whole playoffs...Gordonsville is wetting their field as we speak

I'm not the least bit suprised....Don't know how it went down but that's pathetic to not score once with those guys we have on offense! I can't imagine how that is humanly possible....Congrats to Grace they must b the real deal

We just went from being the favorite to traveling the whole playoffs...Gordonsville is wetting their field as we speak

So are Greenback, Coalfield and Eagleville.

Not if we have anything to do with it!

Reaction,you fellers will probably have something to do with it,but Idoubt you'll be able to do anything about it.Grace is comitted and and my guess is they will be even better next season. I think they'll bring in more fresh troops than you will. You've probably got a pat hand.

The other thing is the S.P. coaching staff are going to have to get someone that can coach a kicker. Deciding to not go for a P.A.T. because you can't kick is one thing but getting into a defensive over time battle against a team with a kicker is another matter. If they have to, they need to get a girl of the soccer team or get a European exchange student.

I'll make a wild guess and say we get Sunbright at home next week and then it will be the travel jerseys unless Lookout Valley or Grace Baptist knocks somebody off.

Edit: I take that back, we may endup with Grace Bapt in the first.

Edited by rlh

Believe me, after traveling to Beane Stadium for the past 5 out of 6 years we welcome you back to Turney Ford Field in Gordonsville for what I am already anticipating to be the best semi final game of the weekend. I expect somewhere between 5-6 thousand that night if both Gordonsville and South Pitt hold up on their end of the bargain. Grider still believes we ran our sprinkler system for two to three days solid back in 2002. It actually rained steady for three days on in to the game that night. The memories this rivalry brings back.

Couldnt catch, couldnt run, couldn't block a soul! That pretty much says it all.. I was completely wrong and really thought there was no way that team would ever stop us. I still don't if it was a dry field but SP simply can't play power football when needed especially in conditions like that. I hate it for the guys as we played or butts off on defense. Huge heartbreaker but until we rep more power I or get some kind of kicker we will always lose these type of games. Hopefully we can bounce back but the road to Cookeville just got harder.

Congrats to Grace on your undefeated season. Next year when you come to The Pitt it will be a much different outcome.