CPA - Pearl Cohn

CPA4Ever

Interesting, because according to bertier's playoff thread if CPA wins then they would be a 4/5 seed and pc would be an 8 seed playing 1 seed sc in first round and if CPA won they would play winner of that game. Interesting that you think that would be easier but hey you haven't been Bashful about it all year!

My playoff thread is for if the playoffs started this week. I only do the brackets as they stand now, just to try and educate people on how the system works.

BTW, I left posting on SC threads over 7 weeks ago, but that was not good enough for you. You have to come over to CPA threads and pick a fight. Give it a rest.

I didn't realize I was not allowed to post in this thread kr reply to any of your posts. It is what it is. Hopefully all the opinions from you and me will stand for themselves on the field, fwiw, I want to see that matchup now.

My playoff thread is for if the playoffs started this week. I only do the brackets as they stand now, just to try and educate people on how the system works.

I understand that and let me go ahead tell you how much I appreciate your hard work because you are saving all of us a lot of time. However you were asked some hypotheticals and you replied with your findings. I just used your findings to respond to cpa's post.

Absolute GREAT GAME at CPA tonight with CPA pulling out the win 14-10.

First let me say, PC is a very good team with a lot of size and speed. Their passing game is their only mild weekness that I could see.

PC jumped out to a 3-0, then 10-0 halftime lead with CPA continually shooting themselves in the foot with penalties and an interception that led to PC's TD. OTher than mistakes, the teams were pretty even in the 1st half even though PC led.

CPA came out and did a good job defensively in the 2nd half shutting PC out on the scoreboard. CPA was helped by several key penalties and turnovers on PC. Also, PC made a big mistake when CPA went for a long pass on 4th down from the 35, and the PC player intercepted the ball on his own 1YL, so PC lost 34 yards on the int..

CPA scored in the 3rd on a great throw/catch to the back of the end zone.

PC had a 4th and long on their own 20 with 3 minutes left and up 10-7. They called a TO after running the clock down, then set up for a FG. CPA blocked the FG and ran it back about 65 yards, then held and intercepted a desparation pass to end the game.

Both of these teams will make some noise in the playoffs, IMO.

ahhh yes good game!! good come back win for CPA ..PC let this one get away ..very tough loss after leading most of game ...not what i was expecting ..but still a good game ..PC "ices" own kicker with less than 3 min left giving CPA time to set up play on defense blocked return for td just like that??? i didnt get that one PC coaches should take the blame for this one.... oh well!!firebirds maybe next week!! :thumb:

Maplewood District 10 AA Champs again!!! Great job Panthers!!!!

Fleetwood!! ..Let the Playoffs begin!!!

Edited by boski

ahhh yes good game!! good come back win for CPA ..PC let this one get away ..very tough loss after leading most of game ...not what i was expecting ..but still a good game ..PC "ices" own kicker with less than 3 min left giving CPA time to set up play on defense blocked return for td just like that??? i didnt get that one PC coaches should take the blame for this one.... oh well!!firebirds maybe next week!! :thumb:

Easy to criticize after the FG block, but milking the clock prior to the kick was the right thing to do. Sometimes the right call backfires, but it was still right. You are ahead 10-7 with about 3 minutes left, kicking a FG. Even if you don't make it, you leave CPA 20-25 less seconds to score.