Livingston @ DeKalb

TigerPride23

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok thanks twan-scooter congrats on an excellent year thus far. Looks like you guys will be pounding the rock again tonight and controlling the clock. Good luck in the play-offs regardless who you catch first round. I'll try and get down hopefully this will be the year that you guys reach the big dance and then it's a ballgame.

I hope that Jimmy can win the big one this time around. He sure has had some good teams down at Owl-ville and this team could very well be the one to win it all. But like a wise man once said or ok just a man... don't put the cart before horse.

Thanks RC...maybe we can put a few good games together as your team did a few years ago. Home field advantage throughout is big. You guys did it on the road. Good luck tonight.

how is the qualls kid the best backup qb option on a team with tyler martin, mark winningham jr and creed hayes...is there truly not a better option??? any insights from anyone?

I don't know if Martin could handle it. Hayes and Winningham would be better options beyond a doubt, but I'd say neither one has taken any reps at the position. They are bigger, faster, and stronger than the current #2 QB. The current #2 QB may turn out to be 6'2, 180 lbs. but he isn't very big right now. Looks like Winningham would be the better option. It would be tough to take Hayes out of the RB role. No need talking about it because: 1)McCoin will probably play 2)MW @QB will never happen anyway. Heck in 2008 I wanted Hilary Clinton as my VP but it didn't happen. I survived that. I still wish I could get her to be my VP in 2012 but it won't happen. It may beatme this time around.

Well I can see how this happened. DeKalb got too relaxed coming off a bye week along with thinking McCoin would not play. I knew it the second they came out to start the game they had absolutely no fire in them no passion and no enthusiasm. They just looked flat. The muddy field and cold conditions didn't help at all for the type of team they are. Lots of missed calls on both sides. An obvious face mask on us and plenty of personal fouls on them that were all missed. I don't know what happened to the secondary. We've been pretty good this year with interceptions, but twice they threw the ball between 3, yes 3 defenders and they just stared at it for a few seconds and let a single LA player come up with it. I just don't know. It was the sloppiest game I've seen them play. As for the play calling many of the fans were left scratching their heads quite a few times. Ok why would you call a running play with no timeouts left with 16 or so seconds left in the half. You're around the 6 yard line and you have a chance to make it 21-14 and get the ball after half time and tie it, but you call a running play. The clock runs out and you waste that whole drive. There was time for atleast two quick passes. Atleast if the pass is dropped you live to try another play. Just call a high percentage play and go with it. I don't get what the deal with that was. Also doesn't make sense that the play beating us was a run to the outside over and over, so why keep blitzing? I don't know if it was bad guessing or what, but the play calling just seemed awful to most people. The players were unlike themselves as well. Hanging their heads and getting personal fouls called. One player was even sat out for back talking the coach or something. Ok I'm done with the rant, but please realise you gotta play with heart in the playoffs or you will be out in a hurry. I know the team is capable of much better than what was displayed tonight and I just hope it shows in the playoffs or it will be a long off season.

Did I see a blowout coming? No. Did I see a LA two score victory coming? Yes. McCoin just makes them go. When he does, and everyone gets on board, they are great. Very proud of Coach Lamb and the team on what they have accomplished. DC is a quality team, but not the "fourth best team in 4A." Neither is LA. DC defense was tested versus Smith and LA and failed. That's just the truth folks, slice it and dice it any way you want to. HOWEVER, don't blame the "not preparing for McCoin" things. You have to prepare like he is playing. If not, you get your tail kicked. LA prepared like he was playing, and never knew if he would or not. Congrats on the win, and good luck DC in the play offs. :thumb:

Did I see a blowout coming? No. Did I see a LA two score victory coming? Yes. McCoin just makes them go. When he does, and everyone gets on board, they are great. Very proud of Coach Lamb and the team on what they have accomplished. DC is a quality team, but not the "fourth best team in 4A." Neither is LA. DC defense was tested versus Smith and LA and failed. That's just the truth folks, slice it and dice it any way you want to. HOWEVER, don't blame the "not preparing for McCoin" things. You have to prepare like he is playing. If not, you get your tail kicked. LA prepared like he was playing, and never knew if he would or not. Congrats on the win, and good luck DC in the play offs. :thumb:

I agree. I wish news of him being injured never even got to DC. It was all I heard about and I just kept thinking if he DOES play we will be unprepared. That shouldn't be the case, but it clearly showed tonight. I've been proud of the coaching staff thus far, but I just can't say the same this week. Especially with an off week. You either use it to improve or you get too comfortable which in this case is what happened.

I agree. I wish news of him being injured never even got to DC. It was all I heard about and I just kept thinking if he DOES play we will be unprepared. That shouldn't be the case, but it clearly showed tonight. I've been proud of the coaching staff thus far, but I just can't say the same this week. Especially with an off week. You either use it to improve or you get too comfortable which in this case is what happened.

You win some...you lose some... and some you just look plain pitiful. Looks like Dekalb was the latter part tonight. Next week everyone is 0-0 so maybe they can bounce back from a bad loss like LA did this week...

Dekalb being ranked #4 in 4a is a joke. Their combined opponents win loss record is terrible. something along the lines of 35-58 heading into last night. Now they are 0-2 vs opponents with win loss records. Trapp tried to get to cute last night with his reverses and sweeps. Livingston looked like the much better team last night.