Collierville FB coach resigns

MarkH

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just heard the tape and personally I heard nothing that hasn't went on in 98% of all locker rooms across the state or country for that matter. I never heard any indication that he was talking to any one single player. I don't necessarily believe you have to cuss but if you take that kind of emotion out of the locker room you might as well give them some pom poms and skirts. If Internet , iPhones ,and YouTube didn't exist this would have never been a issue. Parents teach there kids now days to be offended by everything. Kids need to get that thick skin back and deal with everyday reality without moms petting. JMO

When I played sports, there was an unwritten rule that you never talked about what took place in the lockerroom. That was private information for you and your teammates. These days mommy and daddy might as well be in the lockerroom and if little Johnny is not getting his playing time or if someone raises their voice it becomes a witch hunt. Anyone want to guess as to whether or not these young men have ever heard language as bad as that when they are out with friends?

Not to excuse Coach Abels language, but the language on television, music, professional athletics and wrestling entertainment is much worse than this. Parents don't seem to mind what music their kids listen to or what they watch on television, but let a coach lose his composure and see what happens. Hold the chains for a varsity football game sometime, you might be surprised by what you hear.

When I played sports, there was an unwritten rule that you never talked about what took place in the lockerroom. That was private information for you and your teammates. These days mommy and daddy might as well be in the lockerroom and if little Johnny is not getting his playing time or if someone raises their voice it becomes a witch hunt. Anyone want to guess as to whether or not these young men have ever heard language as bad as that when they are out with friends?

These kids today know nothing of those days, they have been raised soft and taught that if they are not good or don't succeed, it is someone else's fault. I don't condone the language, but if you listen to the tape, this is something that has been brewing all year with the kids attitudes. Most kids today live a pampered life at home and expect to be pampered by everyone else as well.

There had to be some history with this, because one instance and his speech does not equal job loss. Based on what we know, these parents are raising spoiled children. I know plenty of coaches that curse and plenty that do not,they all get the job done and care greatly about kids. Real world is tough, they must get used to it.

There is a rumor going around that one of the assistant coaches released the audio. Probably the DC that came from CBHS, he did everything in his power to get Coach LaCastro fired. I have heard he was after Abel's job as well and it looks like he got it.

Read the paper not that it is true all the time, but it is a little more than RUMOR and we should not spread them. Based on what has been reported this coach deserves his job back.

Edited by dou

I have just listened to the tape. You talk to your team like trash...you get response like trash. No...in the above poster....this is just a few high schools...other than maybe intercity urban schools where you may here crap like this. You DON'T win championships talking to your team like they are trash. I am glad what has happened to this coach..he deserves it 100% and I don't care what went on before..during and after this "soap box speech". I have been in MANY behind the "doors" meeting ( dressing rooms ) after games around all of western Tennessee and from programs who are 0 - 10 to 10 and 0..this kind of talks never happened. Just my 2 cents worth and I would imagine many parents are glad he is gone. He is suppose to be a leader...a leader I said. Can you imagine the principle of the school...any school going into a meeting and talking to his staff like that. You treat these young kids like young adults and they would respond back like so. The school administration there should tighten the belt and get better leaders in the head coaches position and this might not happen. I won't post again but this DOES NOT HAPPEN IN EVERY LOCKER ROOM IN HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL....ANY SPORT FOR THAT MATTER.

Edited by UCGRAD