BRAC and Greene County Players of the Year

budkilmer

thats why i said it was my opinoin... so stop pretending to be a girl from SC and stop acting like you know everything about football.. if you live in SC how do you know so much about SG and baxley? cause you hear about it on the radio or on here? no. you dont live in SC and your not a woman. so nice try

I used to think you were an idiot, then I changed my mind and thought you were a full-blown MORON. You have just confirmed my 2nd thought!

I think that would be more realistic than Baxley and Juice, not because of talent but because I think Greeneville's secondary could improve a little more than their linebackers. (In case I am in the "Blast Zone" I am in no way saying Greeneville's secondary sucks)

I am not dissing my team or any other in the county, but I am realistic. Like I said earlier, if you made a TRUE Greene County football team, this is my opinion on starters/back-ups:

Offense: QB--Stewart/Rhinehart

FB--Hall/Juice

RB--Boles/Shuffler

WR--Davis

WR--One of G'Villes or Baxley/Malone (athletes, wouldnt need them at RB)

TE--Donahue (played good their his jr year; not really a QB)

OL--Carter and Whitehead from WG; 3 from G'Ville//Kesterson from WG; 1 from CD; 1 from SG; G'Vs other 2

K--Ogle

P--Don't need one, nobody would keep this team from getting a 1st down!!!

Defense: Let me just say 8 Greeneville starters, Baxley, Juice, and Starnes

Back-ups: 2 from NG (Britton and kid with last name starting with T); 2 from WG (DL); 2 from C-D (??); 2 from SG (greenecosportsfan can pick these 2); the other 3 starters from G'Ville.

KO Ret: Shuffler, Boles, Baxley (or Jefferson)

I am not dissing my team or any other in the county, but I am realistic. Like I said earlier, if you made a TRUE Greene County football team, this is my opinion on starters/back-ups:

Offense: QB--Stewart/Rhinehart

FB--Hall/Juice

RB--Boles/Shuffler

WR--Davis

WR--One of G'Villes or Baxley/Malone (athletes, wouldnt need them at RB)

TE--Donahue (played good their his jr year; not really a QB)

OL--Carter and Whitehead from WG; 3 from G'Ville//Kesterson from WG; 1 from CD; 1 from SG; G'Vs other 2

K--Ogle

P--Don't need one, nobody would keep this team from getting a 1st down!!!

Defense: Let me just say 8 Greeneville starters, Baxley, Juice, and Starnes

Back-ups: 2 from NG (Britton and kid with last name starting with T); 2 from WG (DL); 2 from C-D (??); 2 from SG (greenecosportsfan can pick these 2); the other 3 starters from G'Ville.

KO Ret: Shuffler, Boles, Baxley (or Jefferson)

I would say defensively your backups from sg would be wagers and Reaves. I think Davis is one of the better corners in our conference . He and Jefferson would be my picks for starters . Ingram is better than the o-lineman from wg or cd in my opinion . I will say gcfball you picked a pretty good football team right there . I bet even most of GreeneVille fans will agree with most of that if they will be honest .

I find it interesting that even though my CDHS Black Knights made it to the second round of the playoffs (and lost the 2nd round game in a close one), nobody gives any other players on that team much credit other than Juice. Mind you, he was the key to their success, but don't you figure that some of the other guys were pretty good too? It does take an entire team to have a successful season, right? Just an observation....

Cd grad I think cd has several pretty good players which will usually win over a team with a couple studs . Cd in my opinion was a well balanced team with one shining star . Thats the reason I think nobody is calling the others name on here . I know they have some big strong lineman and had a great year , congratulations to them

Height does not matter, in fact as an RB, it might even help to not be that tall. Boles gets in behind that big line and is hard to find sometimes. What DOES matter is strength and speed. Boles is the strongest RB in the county and probably 2nd or 3rd fastest. Shuffler is faster, but I doubt "a lot" faster. The 2 starting RB's on Monday Night Football were 5'7" and 5'8", but they are strong and fast. As far as Baxley, I agree, he probably would not be a LB for Greeneville. But, he would start on that defense as a CB or Safety.

I would probably not go so far as to say that Boles is the strongest back in the county. I believe that title goes to engine number 25 "Juice" lol. That kid is a freak. I'm not sure of Boles' speed, but I am pretty confident that Juice is a stronger back. I don't think I witnessed him go down by 1 or 2 people the entire season. I heard this phrase multiple times throughout this past season: "Juice carries the ball and is brought down by a host of _______ (insert mascot of choice)". Boles is a dang good running back, so before you take offense to this post, just know that I said that he was very good. I just am not convinced that he is the strongest in the county.

I would probably not go so far as to say that Boles is the strongest back in the county. I believe that title goes to engine number 25 "Juice" lol. That kid is a freak. I'm not sure of Boles' speed, but I am pretty confident that Juice is a stronger back. I don't think I witnessed him go down by 1 or 2 people the entire season. I heard this phrase multiple times throughout this past season: "Juice carries the ball and is brought down by a host of _______ (insert mascot of choice)". Boles is a dang good running back, so before you take offense to this post, just know that I said that he was very good. I just am not convinced that he is the strongest in the county.

Juice might be the strongest, but Boles takes a hit better.

He's not being heavily recruited but that doesn't mean he doesn't run a 4.38.. Ben ogle is one of the best kickers anybody around here has ever seen in high school football and he Is not being heavily recruited!! All it means is that their names are not out there that much. I guarantee Ben ogle could start for 75% of all D-1 schools next year but for some reason nobody is paying him any attention.... Same situation for shuffler, now I don't think he is a D-1A guy, but 1AA schools SHOULD be all over him.

I am not entirely certain about how true this is, so before you get all pissed and defensive about it, just know that I initially stated I am not sure how true it is. However, I did hear that Ogle attended a large kicking camp this past summer and he soon realized that he was simply average once you got away from this area. Colleges usually do NOT give scholarships out to kickers on their first year because most kickers are head cases. I agree that he is a very FINE kicker, but when you get away from this area, how well does he stack up against the competition? I don't believe that you can accurately guarantee that Ogle could start for D-1 schools all over the country either lol.

I think to answer this question you have to define what kind of strength we are talking about here. If we are talking about purely weight room strength, Boles wins that one easily.

Yeah, but against an easier opponent. Austin East was one TD away from the state finals. AE also scored more points on CAK than they did on WG defense. Who won the head-to-head match-up between these 2?

Were you at the game in PF? Did you see Juice run the ball that night? Did you see him run the ball for 30 yards on a crucial 4th and 2 (5 of those 30 yards came with 3 defenders on his back)? Don't worry, I'll wait for your response. CD went AWAY and won, meaning they were the underdog, Knoxville radio station had them losing to PF by 21. WG went to the range and lost, meaning they were favored. I do understand that WG won between WG and CD. However, please please please, don't try to take anything away from that Knights team by saying their playoff run was not deserved by putting down their opponents.