NEW PROJECTED 1A PLAYOFF PAIRINGS

FridayMainEvent

How will Greenback not be 1 or 2 seed with a win over Harriman? they are ahead of Coalfield on the TSSAA site. I understand if SP gets beat at Grace but even if SP wins how will Greenback be a 3? What is that based on?

Huntingdon 1A 9 5 4 52 38 44 7 2 37 35 29 2 2 15 3 15

Wayne County 1A 9 4 3 43 47 34 9 3 43 47 34 0 0 0 0 0

Eagleville 1A 9 3 2 35 55 29 8 2 32 49 26 1 0 3 6 3

South Pittsburg 1A 8 7 5 54 39 38 4 2 26 22 17 4 3 28 17 21

Greenback 1A 8 4 3 35 47 23 7 3 35 47 23 0 0 0 0 0

Coalfield 1A 8 4 3 34 57 26 8 3 28 54 26 0 0 6 3 0

Greenback will end up as a #3 seed. Coalfield and South Pittsburg area in first place in their districts. They will be seeded above Greenback who will finish in 2nd place.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenback will end up as a #3 seed. Coalfield and South Pittsburg area in first place in their districts. They will be seeded above Greenback who will finish in 2nd place.

Not the way TSSAA has it. They have Greenback as 1 in district because Grace is ineligible. On the TSSAA website they have Greenback ahead of Coalfield. I don't know how it will work because I thought Greenback was 2nd in district also but they had them as first.

I have said it before, start with Voodoo Math and factor in gerrymandering Geography and anything can happen. :roflol: As far as the Acme WhoopArse, I think Butchie has had a can or 2 opened on him this season. :roflol:

There is definitely some confusion in the system but that is due mostly to people not being able to understand it. TSSAA has been pretty consistent in rankings and how they divide the quadrants. The rankings are very straight forward.

Not the way TSSAA has it. They have Greenback as 1 in district because Grace is ineligible. On the TSSAA website they have Greenback ahead of Coalfield. I don't know how it will work because I thought Greenback was 2nd in district also but they had them as first.

My bad. Was looking at district standings and did not read the notes above the listing. I was not considering that Greenback was getting a forfeit win over Knoxville Grace.

Here is why its stupid if they leave Huntingdon WC and PC in Quad 3. If PC wins out will get a 3 seed. Then say they win Quad 3. They would then be a undefeated team having to travel all the way to Lake Co who has 3 losses.

Could be PC going to Union City,West Carrol,South Fulton.But like you said,PC will be a #3 seed.Why should a number 2 seed have to travel to a number 3 seed?Should have done things the right way.

Had to go back and look again.

Greenback will end up as the 3 seed. Coalfield should win their last game and will end up with 9 wins, putting them ahead of Greenback. South Pittsburg is already ahead of Greenback win or lose this week.

Here is why its stupid if they leave Huntingdon WC and PC in Quad 3. If PC wins out will get a 3 seed. Then say they win Quad 3. They would then be a undefeated team having to travel all the way to Lake Co who has 3 losses.

If Huntingdon wins out, whoever is quad 4 will have to travel to an undefeated team. What sounds bad about that? :roflol:

Had to go back and look again.

Greenback will end up as the 3 seed. Coalfield should win their last game and will end up with 9 wins, putting them ahead of Greenback. South Pittsburg is already ahead of Greenback win or lose this week.

strangfan978 Im confused. The only way Coalfield jumps Greenback is if Cosby wins I believe that will give them more teams they have beat with .500 record, I believe someone said that earlier, but if SP gets beat then it will be Coalfield and Greeback as 1 and 2 because they will each have 9 wins. Is this correct?

Edited by jackinthebox

strangfan978 Im confused. The only way Coalfield jumps Greenback is if Cosby wins I believe that will give them more teams they have beat with .500 record, I believe someone said that earlier, but if SP gets beat then it will be Coalfield and Greeback as 1 and 2 because they will each have 9 wins. Is this correct?

That is correct, Jack. I believe Stang is confused.