10AA Basketball

coachrus

The real question is why is cpa not Division 2 so that they can legally give financial aid to those students who qualify? They say the reason is so that they can have a ministry with the public schools. Why don't you ask those public schools how the ministry is working out! I know coaches all over Nashville and District 10AA... NOT ONE SCHOOL LIKES OR RESPECTS cpa. And even worse, now you have people in the cpa community speaking out against their own school. This is a story of a school that has lost its mission over a compromise in athletics. Sad knowing how the school was built.

That is a pretty bold statement -are a CPA parent?

This is what happens when you bring the facts to light. It turns into a personal attack. Might work on a novice reader but has little affect on people who are looking for truth. Speaking of truth...anyone see the tennessean today that cpa had to forfeit a win because of playing an ineligible player? wasn't even the 8th grader. Fact!

Is it a forfeit or vacating a win with the Station Camp game? Vacating a win is subtracting a win from the win column, forfeit would include adding a loss (I think). I believe this situation is vacating a win.

A lot of clerical errors going on this year. In the case of the 8th grader who does the TSSAA pay the fine to, themselves?

Is it a forfeit or vacating a win with the Station Camp game? Vacating a win is subtracting a win from the win column, forfeit would include adding a loss (I think). I believe this situation is vacating a win.

A lot of clerical errors going on this year. In the case of the 8th grader who does the TSSAA pay the fine to, themselves?

Oddly enough I talk to several CPA parents and I have never heard that

That's strange, because I have spoken to several current parents as well as current teachers and former teachers and two former coaches and they ALL have told me they don't like what is going on. Of course, they also say they are in no position to do anything about it. I used to have a great deal of respect for the people over there, but the days of the home-grown Brian Stones and Cooper Wallaces are long gone. Now they just wait till junior high, red-shirt them, and stack the team. How many PE and Wellness teachers can one school have? How many rental houses can you come up with since the drive from Murfreesboro is too long?

Edited by bigchief

That's strange, because I have spoken to several current parents as well as current teachers and former teachers and two former coaches and they ALL have told me they don't like what is going on. Of course, they also say they are in no position to do anything about it. I used to have a great deal of respect for the people over there, but the days of the home-grown Brian Stones and Cooper Wallaces are long gone. Now they just wait till junior high, red-shirt them, and stack the team. How many PE and Wellness teachers can one school have? How many rental houses can you come up with since the drive from Murfreesboro is too long?

Strange?? Now, THAT'S odd! You went into a school's population of students, faculty, and parents and found people saying negative things about the program? Unimaginable!! Hard to imagine, too, that in a population the size of CPA you can't find A BUNCH of 230 lb, 6'6" Cooper Wallaces or guys with the speed and hands of a Brian Stone. CPA has had kids that drive from Murfreesboro to attend school there and they couldn't dribble, throw, or catch a pass. Odd...SO odd! When CPA did have the Wallaces, the Shields, the Stones, the Corders people STILL complained that life was unfair. Just no pleasing some people.

Strange?? Now, THAT'S odd! You went into a school's population of students, faculty, and parents and found people saying negative things about the program? Unimaginable!! Hard to imagine, too, that in a population the size of CPA you can't find A BUNCH of 230 lb, 6'6" Cooper Wallaces or guys with the speed and hands of a Brian Stone. CPA has had kids that drive from Murfreesboro to attend school there and they couldn't dribble, throw, or catch a pass. Odd...SO odd! When CPA did have the Wallaces, the Shields, the Stones, the Corders people STILL complained that life was unfair. Just no pleasing some people.

I mentioned Brian and Cooper simply because they were great athletes who went to CPA from Elementary all the way through. Not one middle school to a private school to another private school to be held back a grade etc. Spin it all you want to it does not change the perception.

As I stated, I USED to have respect for the school and its people. That included the Pack/Brooks era which held those names you mentioned as well as a pretty fair athlete named Sykes. No complaints from me during that time. As a matter of fact, I defended your school and its tarnished name many times even through the early dirty dealings in basketball. However, CPA is now nothing more than another Ensworth. And to be honest that is OK except for the fact that I can still hear that "mission statement" crap that has turned into such a lie. The Bible warns against false prophets. Heed the warning. Go to Division 2. They will welcome you. They like to play dirty over there.

And as for students driving from Murfreesboro, name one. Check that. Name one that is not 6'6" when he enters the 8th grade that you then locate rental property for and that also has a little brother that will be bigger than he is.

Like I said, you can spin it all you want, but the only person getting dizzy is you.

Ok, Chief, Alex Tucker. Not 6'6", not 230 lbs. Drove all the way from Murfreesboro. Great kid, but no star athlete. Sikes (with an 'i", not a "y") did not go to elementary at CPA. He was not recruited, though; just clarifying. Our 2000 State championship football team took all sorts of grief because the line averaged 200 lbs. in Class 1A. Grow 'em or bring 'em in, people don't like being dominated in sports. There must be some shananigans going on if you win that much. Back then, the Collinwoods of the world wanted us out of 1A because they couldn't get to State. Bring in the multiplier. Then, it's 2A...then 3A...now D2. If CPA is behind the rule it will eventually come out. Meantime, you and the Ken Brooks of the world can continue to rant. Oh, the injustice!

Ok, Chief, Alex Tucker. Not 6'6", not 230 lbs. Drove all the way from Murfreesboro. Great kid, but no star athlete. Sikes (with an 'i", not a "y") did not go to elementary at CPA. He was not recruited, though; just clarifying. Our 2000 State championship football team took all sorts of grief because the line averaged 200 lbs. in Class 1A. Grow 'em or bring 'em in, people don't like being dominated in sports. There must be some shananigans going on if you win that much. Back then, the Collinwoods of the world wanted us out of 1A because they couldn't get to State. Bring in the multiplier. Then, it's 2A...then 3A...now D2. If CPA is behind the rule it will eventually come out. Meantime, you and the Ken Brooks of the world can continue to rant. Oh, the injustice!

Wow, granted you did find one (even though you used the plural – kids). AT, how far back did you have to go back to pull that name? How many years did AT attend, I do not remember him graduating from CPA, did he? I could be wrong, but I thought the context of Chief was something more along the lines of a current nature, but like I said, to your credit, you found one. You and others post in such a way that provokes a response then it seems as though you are surprised and maybe even upset when you get one. As I have said, the only reason I started posting was because of you and others making it personal. Some of us are not going to sit around and let others post inaccuracies when they know it is not true. Why do you appear surprised or seemingly take such offense?

You and certain others like using that name, Ken Brooks, don’t you. Getting to a place where you almost cannot post without dropping that name in. I wonder, how much courage does it take to hide behind a screen name and call out someone’s name. Where does a person summon from within that type of courage? Amazing.

No doubt, you can always find people within the organization on both sides of the issue, but the response was related to jett having not yet run across any. And trying to make comparisons to support your argument between the two eras and two different approaches is like comparing apples and oranges. People may have thought it unfair, but when players come up through the system from elementary school there is no basis. What credible sources were saying during that time there was illegal activity? I know of none.