Metro Coaching Carousel

OffTheRecord

This is a sad but true statement. I would like to know confirmed applications for these jobs - that way we can know who the recycled coaches beat out.

One would think the applications would be open to the public. Go and visit with the Metro AD. I know for a fact that a Ruth. Co. assistant applied for one of the openings.

One would think the applications would be open to the public. Go and visit with the Metro AD. I know for a fact that a Ruth. Co. assistant applied for one of the openings.

I know that there are quality assistants in Rutherford County. However, there are so good ones working hard in Metro too! Just because an assistant coach from Rutherford County applies does not mean that they are the best candidate for the job. In my opinion, these positions should be filled with the best coach. If it comes down to two that are pretty even and one is already in Metro then that person should receive the job as a show of loyalty.

I know that there are quality assistants in Rutherford County. However, there are so good ones working hard in Metro too! Just because an assistant coach from Rutherford County applies does not mean that they are the best candidate for the job. In my opinion, these positions should be filled with the best coach. If it comes down to two that are pretty even and one is already in Metro then that person should receive the job as a show of loyalty.

Does the Cane Ridge job interest you? I know you would already have a relationship with many of the student athletes in the community.

Edited by 12NCS

I never said there weren't quality metro assistants. The best coach should be hired, period.

Does the Cane Ridge job interest you? I know you would already have a relationship with many of the student athletes in the community.

Yes it does. However, I am certified 1-8 so that would probably knock me out of the list of possible candidates. I think I'm a good coach and could do some really good things with the kids. You are right in that I have a relationship with many of the players that are there and in the community. It would be a good fit except for the certification. Do you miss it at all? What are your thoughts on East Lit and CR?

Yes it does. However, I am certified 1-8 so that would probably knock me out of the list of possible candidates. I think I'm a good coach and could do some really good things with the kids. You are right in that I have a relationship with many of the players that are there and in the community. It would be a good fit except for the certification. Do you miss it at all? What are your thoughts on East Lit and CR?

Not sure relationship with the kids is that important. I've seen some pretty bad coaches have great relationships with the kids on the team.

Not sure relationship with the kids is that important. I've seen some pretty bad coaches have great relationships with the kids on the team.

Obviously every situation is different but most all the kids that have played for workinprogress would have ran through a wall for the guy. WIP, go get certified and have some options when the school down the road opens up.

Word i hear is that East Lit. won't bring in any help for whoever gets the Head Coaching job. CR has talent. I don't know the Prinicipal at CR so I can't say if they are committed to winning or not. I do know that Antioch's administration would be the best group to work for in metro imo. btw, there is nothing wrong doing what your doing and where you are doing it. You are making a difference in many kids' lives.