Metro Coaching Carousel

OffTheRecord

Someone from williamson county predicted a long time ago that the Hillboro job would open up and the Franklin coach would be out the door at Franklin and would be taking Hillsboro. So now Hillsboro is open and the Franklin coach is out at Franklin, what are the chances that guy indeed will be the next coach at Hillsboro?

I just don't get it. Is Clayton out at Franklin and he wants to go to Hillsboro? Or does he just want to go to Hillsboro? What is the deal?

I do not think he will waltz right in to Hillsboro and win like Blade did. Clayton needs a QB to throw the ball and not sure Hillsboro has that right now.

He would have some good athletes at Hillsboro, but after seeing two games last year against Franklin there is no way he could stand on a sideline and run the ball 70-80% of the time. It is not in his coaching style.

On one of the first pages of this thread I predicted six metro openings. We now have four out of the six. The two left are Hillwood and Overton. I think Bubba stays at Hillwood for another year. I still think Anderson leaves Overton if he can find an assistant position somewhere else. How about runtheball goes to Hillsboro to ruin Claytons big day and then he can bring Anderson for a Hillsboro reunion. So who are the frontrunners for Stratford (only four applicants), East Lit (over fifty applicants), CR, and Hillsboro?

On one of the first pages of this thread I predicted six metro openings. We now have four out of the six. The two left are Hillwood and Overton. I think Bubba stays at Hillwood for another year. I still think Anderson leaves Overton if he can find an assistant position somewhere else. How about runtheball goes to Hillsboro to ruin Claytons big day and then he can bring Anderson for a Hillsboro reunion. So who are the frontrunners for Stratford (only four applicants), East Lit (over fifty applicants), CR, and Hillsboro?

Any names of the applicants?

It is absolutely astonishing to me that East Lit applicants outnumber Stratford applicants over 10 to 1. Stratford is in its' first year as a STEM magnet school (and I'm of the opinion that smart's good for football) and has a Principal in Michael Steel who puts a priority on a good football program. In '09, they had bottomed out with a winless season, but since Steel's arrival, they went 3-7 in 2010 and 5-5 this year with increased fan support in both seasons (although in that area, Stratford had nowhere to go but up). Of course, as far as long-term tradition, Stratford doesn't take a back seat to anyone in Metro as the alma mater of guys like Joe Campbell, Cory Fleming, Michael Coleman, Patrick Abernathy, etc.

This is no disrespect to East Lit, a fine school that's done well in its' short football history. But that kind of applicant differential is loco.