Metro Coaching Carousel

OffTheRecord

I think what you mean is why would they hire someone already on the football staff when they have not won. Good point.. but the rumor i heard was that they were going to hire from within the school BUT the person is not a member of the current football staff..

A teacher there or a coach of other sports there? With the right hire (ie. no one on the staff now) they can be a pretty solid team, Cane Ridge still has appeal to kids in Metro but won't with athletes if they fudge this one up.

No way they hire from within for two reasons. One, there is no one on staff or even in the building that should even be given consideration. This should be a new hire to have a complete fresh start. Two, if they were going to hire from within then CR would already have their coach. There would be no need to conduct interviews. If they hire from within then they lose even more credibility because they will have wasted everyone's time.

No way they hire from within for two reasons. One, there is no one on staff or even in the building that should even be given consideration. This should be a new hire to have a complete fresh start. Two, if they were going to hire from within then CR would already have their coach. There would be no need to conduct interviews. If they hire from within then they lose even more credibility because they will have wasted everyone's time.

This is the general thought of most here in Nashville. New program and facilities, good athletes. They need to hire someone from outside if they want to win. That is the million dollar question. Maybe the principal doesn't care about winning.

Any more rumors on Hillsboro? Shame to see that program struggle the last few years.

Doesnt James Reese work at CR still? If so, how would he be not someone that should be even considered? He was once the head football coach at TSU so I would assume he would have done enough to be considered if he wanted the job. I know he has not been part of the coaching staff for the last 2 seasons.

This is the general thought of most here in Nashville. New program and facilities, good athletes. They need to hire someone from outside if they want to win. That is the million dollar question. Maybe the principal doesn't care about winning.

Any more rumors on Hillsboro? Shame to see that program struggle the last few years.

Time long, will be on hire. Comfort, principal should not have. Into the Fork, looked I have. At C.R. she will not be. Horrible facilities have they. Feelings I have searched, tested in the college game, the new coach will come.

May the fork be with you. :thumb:

Time long, will be on hire. Comfort, principal should not have. Into the Fork, looked I have. At C.R. she will not be. Horrible facilities have they. Feelings I have searched, tested in the college game, the new coach will come.

May the fork be with you. :thumb:

Fork are you saying Wall will not be the principal next year? Also, if college experience then I guess its either Parks or Curry. I'd go with Curry over parks but I think CR needs to go with someone not connected with CR at all. There are good assistants or other coaches in MNPS. I would look to neighbors like Peden or Bush at AHS, Thigpen from OHS, or Arnold from MHS.

Edited by workinprogress