Metro Coaching Carousel

OffTheRecord

I saw old NIL as both a player and a coach when it was a great environment; and then I saw it "slowly" disinigrate over time.......so I left; it has even gotten worse since then. I really think the only possible chance for improvement in Metro "pubs" is what Moonwink said............the return to smaller neighborhood schools. *note.....as soon as one of the plaintiffs in the "desig, folly, lawsuit, dumbest experiment ever" might happen to complain about that........explain to them that there is nothing left to fight over; so simply shut up and move to wherever you would like to go to school. Folks (hindsight is 20-20), but this federal intervention "experiment or folly" completely destroyed a fine school system.......and ironically the ends justified the means in some folks minds.......in spite of the results. Many people lack the honest appraisal of what has occurred .........they simply wanted to prove a point.

Here is an astonishing fact........in late 60's when the "experiment" commenced......Metro schools = 95,000 + students.......in 2010 (Nashville has grown at least 3 fold).......schools just climbed past 80,000 students..........a bunch of people left.

Best neighborhood schools in Metro are PRIVATE...........parents will support a good product.

Along with the smaller neighborhood schools........IMHO (2) other things must also happen

1.) Get the federal govt out of local schools completely!!

2.) Students must be held accountable for their actions AND their parents must get back to supporting their scholl; instead of "enabling" the unacceptable actions. *note........I still the believe the very large majority of students want and will enjoy stricter guidelines, but WE allow a very small group of craphead students, and an even smaller group of sorry parents; that will ever support anything unless it plays to their selfish wants.......and even then; they will find something else to complain and whine about.

You said it much better than I did. Thank You.

The one thing you left off that I 'think' is also part of the problem is the Teachers UNION.

As to what I 'think' is wrong with the Coaches in Metro is they are part of the problem in that the Union has gotten and kept some in Coaching that should have been weeded out LONG ago instead of just shuffling them around to other schools to hurt what gains they have made. Hillsboro is a prime example of this right now.

JMO, your opinion will vary.

You said it much better than I did. Thank You.

The one thing you left off that I 'think' is also part of the problem is the Teachers UNION.

As to what I 'think' is wrong with the Coaches in Metro is they are part of the problem in that the Union has gotten and kept some in Coaching that should have been weeded out LONG ago instead of just shuffling them around to other schools to hurt what gains they have made. Hillsboro is a prime example of this right now.

JMO, your opinion will vary.

Teachers Union..........not really. In Nashville, you are really not obligated to join; only thing is you cannot "cherry-pick" what you belong to. To join local and TEA; you must also be a member of NEA (which IMO is a alien society); I wanted to belong to local, but did not.......because of that NEA attachment. My last 20 years; I was an "independent" and could tell no difference.

By the way, my low pay (over the years), but good benefits (ie retirement) is looking good NOW.......hope it can survive!!

Here is what I think is the major change that has occurred........most school principals have had to undergo major surgery (removal of their spine) in order to survive. They get "zero" support from school board and parents........thus the surgery!! By the way.........this is coming to Rutherford.

I worked for some old-school principals that had status about 2 levels below the Almighty; what they said and did was the gospel...........and they ran very nice, tight, disciplined school. They were large and in charge.........we need to return to this model. This would mean a split from federal govt agencies and courts + a sign that said "lawyers go elsewhere to practice your craft" + parents that support the school, or take your little darlings and home-school them to their hearts desire.

We need a new model based upon a "Not-so democratic model"...........West Point is not democratic neither is MBA. You dot the correct i's and cross the correct t's OR you are gone..........IT HAS GOT TO BE WORTH SOMETHING or no one cares!!

IMHO

Turning, the wheels are. Jabba, Eastward heading, he may be. Much blurred CR is. What say you JPCraig23. Silence becomes you, not.

May the fork be with you. :thumb:

Jabba? Rumors flying about that interviews are complete at East. No clear leader in the clubhouse. Cane Ridge starts interviews this week.

Turning, the wheels are. Jabba, Eastward heading, he may be. Much blurred CR is. What say you JPCraig23. Silence becomes you, not.

May the fork be with you. :thumb:

I am guessing you are right about East and Jabba. I heard he didn't even get an interview at CR and he wasnt too happy. Some are saying WC OC to Stratford. Hope they got who they wanted. I think WC only won a couple of games last year. CR I think is wide open. Im going to say it will be someone with ties to the area.