Greeneville Vs. Scott County

DevilMan03

Who wins?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Greeneville?
    • Scott County?

Agree to a point, disappointment sucks no matter who you are, but if you are on a team that has only experienced major success a couple times in the history of the program not winning gold will still be a disappointment. However if you are a player for a team that has won a gold ball every year since you were in 5th grade & your senior year falls short it would be much more disappointing then would it not. Example which do you think stung worse for a given player? Greeneville's single loss this season or the loss Maryville suffered that snapped their 70+ game winning streak. While I do agree disappointment is disappointment the severity can & does vary depending on circumstances. In the factory worker example which would have hurt more the 60-something year old man that had been there for 40 years & was 6 months from retirement or the 18 year old kid that had been working there for 3 weeks? While apples to oranges may not be exactly the right analogy maybe granny smith's to honeycrisp's would've been more appropriate. At any rate this has been an enjoyable discussion :mrgreen:

agreed :thumb: That green does show up well.It's like Tennessee orange.Most either think it's beautiful or gaudy

agreed :thumb: That green does show up well.It's like Tennessee orange.Most either think it's beautiful or gaudy

i have a very unimportant, but somewhat relative to the subject question for you Batman....Do you like

the old, original ( well actually GHS's original colors are purple and yellow.....uncommon knowledge there)

kelly greenE, or the recent hunter greenE GHS is fashioning? I know I know, as long as they win, you dont care if it's pink....but just answer the question please sir...LOL...im a "Kelly" guy myself....and GHS administration....please...PLEASE DO NOT do away with the devil head

And my point was that Greeneville fans have not enjoyed the level of success that Alcoa & Maryville fans have so the comparison of disappointment was apples & oranges. As for the "fall from grace" you mention, it will happen unfortunately, it eventually does to all programs. As you said there are "lean years" to get through. I hope Greeneville has a nice extended stay at the level they are currently at. I guess what I take exception to a little is the ease at which programs (not just GHS), or their fans rather, jump to throw their hat in the "we've done the same thing Alcoa & Maryville have done" ring. The level of success is high right now in Greeneville, it's longevity has not reached the next plateau yet. Maintaining that level of success for many years is what defines great programs. Hitting a streak of a few years every other decade does not. I'm not taking away from what GHS has & is doing, just acknowledging what Alcoa & Maryville have done & are still doing. One could also throw Trousdale County into that group & to a slightly lesser extent (lesser mostly because they had to play Trousdale County for years to get there) South Pittsburg. Many programs over the years from across the state have achieved "greatness". I for one think that designation should be protected as something that MUST be earned, not tossed around as casual comparison. Let me end by saying the comparison was probably taken out of context by me but that seems to have spawned an entirely new discussion. One, I might add, that has been very enjoyable to have. Also the comparison did not strike a "homer" nerve with me, as I do not regularly attend games for ANY of the schools discussed thus far. I will find myself on a fence with a view of all of them from time to time for one reason or another. I've said it before & I'll say it again. I hope GHS has to build a truck load of trophy cases for the next decade or two to come. I just don't know if they'll have to or not yet.

BTW: As for your GHS vs. UT comparison. Don't sell GHS short, Dooley would probably mess his orange trousers just thinking about having to play them right now LOL.

oh yes, right you are, and i didnt mean to presume to compare GHS's level of success to anywhere near what A and M have done. GHS is still several years of successful runs away from being in the same breath as A and M as far as longeavity goes and even if we so much as sniff that kind of success it would be unimaginable by even the most arrogant of GHS fans. I think most of the GHS fans realize that 2-3 seasons of dominance does not a dynasty make. I dont know about a truck load of trophy cases, but I venture to guess that the biggest majority of Greene Devil fans would be content right now with a wheel barrel full :D

oh, and at this point in this snake bitten season, my guess is Dooley would probably take a win over even Signal Mt.....oh wait....nevermind, they're not playing right now........ :mrgreen:

oh yes, right you are, and i didnt mean to presume to compare GHS's level of success to anywhere near what A and M have done. GHS is still several years of successful runs away from being in the same breath as A and M as far as longeavity goes and even if we so much as sniff that kind of success it would be unimaginable by even the most arrogant of GHS fans. I think most of the GHS fans realize that 2-3 seasons of dominance does not a dynasty make. I dont know about a truck load of trophy cases, but I venture to guess that the biggest majority of Greene Devil fans would be content right now with a wheel barrel full :D

oh, and at this point in this snake bitten season, my guess is Dooley would probably take a win over even Signal Mt.....oh wait....nevermind, they're not playing right now........ :mrgreen:

I'm sure he would take one, my question is could they GET one? :roflol:

i have a very unimportant, but somewhat relative to the subject question for you Batman....Do you like

the old, original ( well actually GHS's original colors are purple and yellow.....uncommon knowledge there)

kelly greenE, or the recent hunter greenE GHS is fashioning? I know I know, as long as they win, you dont care if it's pink....but just answer the question please sir...LOL...im a "Kelly" guy myself....and GHS administration....please...PLEASE DO NOT do away with the devil head

I'm a Kelly Greene fan. After all, that is what we wore when I was there. It is just hard to find that color in uniforms now, unless there is yellow in it.

I also agree with you on the Devil Head. It is unique and kind of intimidating in a way. I grew up a Christian and still go to church most Sunday's and I have never once thought about worshiping the Devil when I looked at the Devil Head. As far as I am concerned, it is a mascot. And a very cool one. And I'm not a big fan of the "G" with horns either. It looks good on a baseball hat but it's not the same as the Devil Head.

I'm a Kelly Greene fan. After all, that is what we wore when I was there. It is just hard to find that color in uniforms now, unless there is yellow in it.

I also agree with you on the Devil Head. It is unique and kind of intimidating in a way. I grew up a Christian and still go to church most Sunday's and I have never once thought about worshiping the Devil when I looked at the Devil Head. As far as I am concerned, it is a mascot. And a very cool one. And I'm not a big fan of the "G" with horns either. It looks good on a baseball hat but it's not the same as the Devil Head.

I am a huge "Kelly" Greene fan as well. I wish when I played we could have afforded to match the kelly greene with black. That would have really "popped". I didn't know there was a discussion about the devil head. That would truly be a disappointment if they eliminate it.

There is no discussion with the devil logo. It's our logo. I would stop before this gets to be a rumor. There is one going around with the devil head over the top of a "G" with no horns that looks really sharp.

I like the hunter green better. Didn't play much football but I don't ever want to see those kelly green wrestling singlets again. We looked like green beans....especially with the tights that were popular in the 80s.

Good luck Devils. Stay focused each week and we will be bringing home gold again.

There is no discussion with the devil logo. It's our logo. I would stop before this gets to be a rumor. There is one going around with the devil head over the top of a "G" with no horns that looks really sharp.

I like the hunter green better. Didn't play much football but I don't ever want to see those kelly green wrestling singlets again. We looked like green beans....especially with the tights that were popular in the 80s.

Good luck Devils. Stay focused each week and we will be bringing home gold again.

There was about ten to fifteen years ago. I think it has died down, but there are those that like the new "G" with horns.

First round of the playoffs, the devils usually come out excited around this time. Shuffler is back but not 100% so still not as explosive as usually. The SHARKS are hungry for a team that thinks they can run right at them!! I'm expecting a shut out by them!! Devils win big

Highlanders 0...Devils 49

Is this at halftime falcon ?