Wayne County @ Huntingdon

tricklician

Looks like Jo Byrns is WC's nemesis. They have put WC out of the playoffs more than DCA and CPA combined.

Interesting point of history.

Ever time WC has made it to the quaterfinals or semifinals they have been eliminated by a west tn team.

Twice by Bruceton, once by Lake Co, and once by Union City

I was talking about before they put the privates in DII when I mentioned those two.

I am so excited to come see this game. I have no clue about Huntingdon because I haven't seen them play but wish I had. Just from what I have read and competition they have faced (etc...) and having watched WC on tape once and live against PC, it seems like both teams will score 20-30 and no clue who will be on top at the end. I know Coach Rice will be well prepared and WC isn't as 1-dimensional as you might think.

Congrats on your big win Saturday. Saw one of the shirts today. :thumb:

We all know how great the Huntingdon program is. They have produced good teams for many decades. I respect Huntingdon football....always have.........probably always will. Nice town, excellent following. I just have one question and I want you guys to answer this fairly and honestly. Should Huntingdon be Single A? Based on the size of the town, and possibly the school, I just think they should be Double A. It just seems to me they should be in the playoffs with Riverside and Adamsville, not the West Carrolls and Gleasons. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it, but I want someone to explain to me why a town as big as Huntingdon is playing Single A.

I guess with your line of thinking, MAHS out of Memphis should be 6A instead of 1A. Its based on the amount of students at the school not the size of the town.

Huntingdon- 367 students

Adamsville- 680

Riverside- 473

I just watched the first half of last week’s game against PC. My thoughts on Huntingdon…

They’re one of the strongest looking teams I’ve seen in 1A in quite a while. Number 18 is good but #15 is/was THE difference maker. The only problem I see with #15…he goes H.A.M. for about 5-6 minutes and then rests for 5-6 with his hands on his hips. Not only is Huntingdon strong up front, they have really nice depth and they play with great pad level. It’s going to be hard to beat them in a power game unless you can match them with strength and depth. I’d feel much better about my chances if I ran a spread offense. I think Huntingdon’s “weakness†is that they don’t have a lot of skilled, athletic players. They play like a bunch of weight room junkies (kind of stiff).

As for the game…based on what I’ve seen/know of WC, they can give Huntingdon all they want and more. With that said, Huntingdon is going to give WC all they want and more. I’d feel good about my chances if I was either team.

Looks like Jo Byrns is WC's nemesis. They have put WC out of the playoffs more than DCA and CPA combined.

Interesting point of history.

Ever time WC has made it to the quaterfinals or semifinals they have been eliminated by a west tn team.

Twice by Bruceton, once by Lake Co, and once by Union City

JB beat us in quarters last year or am i mistaken