Oak Ridge @ McMinn County

tnchad1980

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

Hey TribeFan, how bout some strengths and weaknesses for the McMinn?

I believe the number of play makers is a strength. McMinn has 5 players that can take it to the house so it makes it difficult for defenses to key on one or two players. I also believe the overall team speed is a strength. Special teams play has been a pleasent surprise this year with both the punter and place kicker doing there job with no critical mistakes thus far.

The team size is a weakness but has not been exploited this year like I thought it might be. Againist Farragut and Bradley I looked for those teams to line up with twin TE and run it north and south. Farragut had limited success.

On the absense of our senior QB.....I dont if it is going to be a strength or weakness for this week? You can look at it a couple of ways...1) You lose the experience of a senior signal caller and a pretty good athlete. 2) Or you can look at it like the entire team will be more focused and the two players that are going to receive the majority of the snaps are quicker which acts as another ball carrier that the defense is going to have to account for. If I had my preferences I would prefer to have Simbeck in there because of his experience.

I look for alot of misdirection from the Cherokees tonight with #2 Sanders and #7 Nevins playing a major role at RB and WR. I also think you might see a "Cherokee" package for #5 Lindsey or #15 Simpson. Regardless I dont see the game plan changing much from what has been done the last few weeks....get the ball to your playmakers in space and play bend but dont break defense.

GO TRIBE!!!

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like they have quite a few playmakers. Should be a good game. Can't wait to get down there and play some football. We'll be there around 6 to get us a good seat. Is the field dry enough for the horse? My son is 4 and he remembers the horse from 2 years ago. He is very concerned the horse is going to poop on the field.

Sounds like they have quite a few playmakers. Should be a good game. Can't wait to get down there and play some football. We'll be there around 6 to get us a good seat. Is the field dry enough for the horse? My son is 4 and he remembers the horse from 2 years ago. He is very concerned the horse is going to poop on the field.

I'm not sure who makes the decision about using the horse based on field conditions, but I would think Coach Cagle should determine that. The field has good drainage, and with the sun out some today I would imagine the horse will be used. I remember the horse dropping a pile in one of the earlier games, but someone immediately came along and cleaned it up before kickoff. Not sure why it wasn't wearing the poop-pouch like it has had in the past.

Wow....what a great evening for high school football! The sun is out here in Athens....temps expected to be in the low 50's at kick off. The field is in excellent condition.....the OR players wont bounce off it to bad when they get the hammer dropped on them...lol.

The horse will be in action but maybe not down the center of the field....the problem with the horse is not the poop but when it slows down or changes direction it tends to take huge divots out of the field.

I heard at lunch that UT is expected to be in attendance....not sure who they are looking at but there mere presence will generate excitement.

They're not looking at anybody for OR, does McMinn have any D1 prospects?

I heard that #5 Lindsey was getting some attention from UT....but other than that I cant imagine another D1 prospect that is a senior that they could be lookin at.

Maybe they are coming to see the horse and listen to the PA man say first down Chhhheeeeeerrrrrroooookkkkkkkkeeeesssss over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over!!!!